FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Pullman Auckland - recent experiences, Le Club recognition? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1798436-pullman-auckland-recent-experiences-le-club-recognition.html)

gcashin Oct 25, 2016 9:54 am

Pullman Auckland - recent experiences, Le Club recognition?

I don't see any recent threads on this hotel (since 2010), so wondering if anyone can share any recent experiences from the Pullman Auckland. Any general comments on the hotel as far as location/amenities?

A few more specific questions on Platinum recognition?
- Lounge - is it open for breakfast and evening snacks? Is it open weekends/holiday as well?
- Room upgrades - are they pretty good about room upgrades? Wondering whether it's worthwhile booking a nicer room or whether I'd have a decent chance at an upgrade if I book one of the lower categories
- Any experience traveling with family and booking 2 rooms? Do both rooms typically get lounge access/Platinum benefits?
- Welcome drink - looking at the welcome drink thread, sounds like it's an option for house beer/wine/soft drink?

Would appreciate any recent experiences or comments.

aysoo Oct 25, 2016 12:12 pm

I stayed in May 16 for 2 nights, as Platinum, booked King Suite
Hoped for Residence upgrade, but didn't happen (residence is in another building, more complicated to access the lounge, this was the excuse for no upgrade)
1. no breakfast at the lounge,
2. lounge food average, and wine selection too, not good enough as a dinner option
3. welcome drink voucher received

I caused a blackout in our room somehow, maintenance team came 4 am in the morning to repair it

Alpina107 Oct 25, 2016 2:43 pm

2016 - a couple of stays

I've conferenced and gone to events here a fair bit, but have only stayed a couple of nights this year. I'm Platinum.

It's OK, but it's really tired.

I've had welcome drinks, but no other recognition here.

markis10 Oct 25, 2016 3:55 pm

Stayed a couple of times, upgraded to suite and given lounge access as well which was nice.

gcashin Oct 25, 2016 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by aysoo (Post 27391756)
I stayed in May 16 for 2 nights, as Platinum, booked King Suite
Hoped for Residence upgrade, but didn't happen (residence is in another building, more complicated to access the lounge, this was the excuse for no upgrade)
1. no breakfast at the lounge,
2. lounge food average, and wine selection too, not good enough as a dinner option
3. welcome drink voucher received

Thanks for the info. Surprised to hear about no breakfast in the lounge. Is that normal or was it just closed for a weekend or something? I figured any lounge would at least be open for breakfast.

How much of a hassle would it be to access the lounge from the Residence? I was looking at either booking a room in the main building, or booking a room in the Residence (and hoping for an upgrade to a Suite within the Residence).

aysoo Oct 26, 2016 1:45 am

I cant remember if i booked a breakfast included deal or was given access to breakfast instead of lounge, however I remember the breakfast buffet was really good, great juices, shots, healthy options etc.

The residence is near the spa, so basically, form your room to elevator, down to lobby, walk along to other side to lobby elevator, up the elevator to topfloor. Done. Its not a big hassle i would say, you dont go to the lounge 10times a day, thats why i didnt understand their excuse.
However the promised me an upgrade as excuse for my next stay....

WLG Base Oct 26, 2016 4:44 pm

I've stayed a number of times this year. I book a Suite Experience and usually get upgraded to Residences.

My last visit last week I had the Suite next to the Lounge. It can take a while getting from Residences to the Lounge. But the Suite in Residences makes up for it.

The Lounge does have Breakfast seven days a week. Although the Suite Experience includes breakfast in the Tapestry Dining Restaurant. They serve a reasonable whitebait fritter and have freshly squeezed orange juice.

Evening snacks in the Lounge are ok.

No issue travelling with friends & family - mine have always got access to the lounge.

I get reasonable recognition from staff.

CHCflyer Oct 28, 2016 10:56 pm

Stayed a few weeks ago - my third stay there. I always have managed a high floor but no upgrade on the last stay as they were full. I am not too fussed about upgrades to suites for one night stays as I find myself rattling around the place aimlessly.
The Air China crew stay there and have their own mini-buffet set up in the restaurant, which seems to make the place look busy.
The room is a little tired (I think it was a Hyatt or Westin previously). Higher floor rooms can get a partial harbor view, which mine had, but you can also be disconcertingly close to the balconies of the building next door.
I find their rates pretty competitive as properties in town can be very pricy.
They seem to have events on (well the last two times I stayed) and both were about real estate investments by Chinese investors - it does seem to get a lot of Chinese guests.
Food at the restaurant is good but pricey. Always got drinks vouchers and the house red was a nice pinot noir.
The lounge is opened with your room key and is on the top floor. Nice views over the park. It is usually attended and they are always chipper with greetings and chat. Breakfast is a continental affair, but plenty there to keep one satisfied. They could do with more bread varieties.
As platinum it is my preferred Accor hotel in AKL. As I say, it can price very competitively even against the far more tired Mercure near Queen Street - last stay the Pullman was only $20 more expensive than the frills-free Mercure.
My preferred hotel in AKL used to be the Hilton but I have not stayed there in over five years as their pricing is mad - over $500 for a very mediocre room with no harbour view. But this seems to be the way AKL is heading these days.

markis10 Oct 29, 2016 4:33 am

Originally Posted by CHCflyer (Post 27407360)
The room is a little tired (I think it was a Hyatt or Westin previously).

Formerly a Hyatt and before that an Intercontinental, the Sofitel is the former Westin.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/hyatt-...hecks-gb-83969

Abouttimetoo Oct 29, 2016 9:59 am

Originally Posted by gcashin (Post 27391174)
I don't see any recent threads on this hotel (since 2010), so wondering if anyone can share any recent experiences from the Pullman Auckland. Any general comments on the hotel as far as location/amenities?

A few more specific questions on Platinum recognition?
- Lounge - is it open for breakfast and evening snacks? Is it open weekends/holiday as well?
- Room upgrades - are they pretty good about room upgrades? Wondering whether it's worthwhile booking a nicer room or whether I'd have a decent chance at an upgrade if I book one of the lower categories
- Any experience traveling with family and booking 2 rooms? Do both rooms typically get lounge access/Platinum benefits?
- Welcome drink - looking at the welcome drink thread, sounds like it's an option for house beer/wine/soft drink?

Would appreciate any recent experiences or comments.

Checked out this morning. Booked a King Suite and not upgraded although I didn't make any effort to ask for this as I was happy enough being on the lounge floor (14th). Breakfast was available in the lounge but I took mine downstairs in the main restaurant. Evening snacks in the lounge are ok, nothing too special although I did appreciate the cheese one evening - only 3 varieties but pretty tasty. Welcome drink voucher provided, only had a bottle of IPA but I think they're entirely flexible on what you ask for, that's certainly the case at the airport Novotel.

gcashin Oct 29, 2016 11:37 am

Thanks everyone for the detailed experiences - this is very helpful!

escape4 Feb 25, 2018 2:20 am

Does this property still have a Club Lounge? I cannot see a room type on accor.com which seems to indicate access to a lounge.

FGunawan Feb 25, 2018 12:33 pm

It does have a club lounge, but they seem to give access only to Accor elite members. It's strictly for breakfast, evening cocktail and refreshments only, no desk or staff to take care of reservation/check-in/check-out, only a waiter to take drink orders.

RafKa Oct 18, 2018 7:42 am

What (if any) special treatment can I expect here as a Gold, other than a welcome drink? Lounge access? Do they tend to be generous with early check-ins? Should be a quiet time (Dec 23rd), but we have an incoming 5am flight from Chile, so should be at the hotel by 8am…

Also, for U$30 more from base room (Superior), I can get a “Superior Residence”. Worth it? And again, U$30 more (per room) and I can get breakfast included. Where is it served?

FGunawan Oct 18, 2018 7:18 pm

I'm not quite sure what to expect as Gold member, although by Accor's t&c you can also expect room upgrade and either early check in or late check out (both based on availability as per t&c). I suggest you contact them in advance to see the possibility of early check in. I should point out to you though that regular check out time in New Zealand hotels is at 10am (I was entirely taken aback first time I visited), so perhaps late check out could be more valuable than early check in.

It seems to me that for them the executive lounge is entirely for platinum guest amenity only. There is no room type you can book that guarantees you access to it.

2 years ago I stayed there close to Christmas, and the hotel was very busy. It seemed it was actually full to the hilt, and that time we didn't get any upgrade on our reservation.

Breakfast is served in their main restaurant on ground level. One of the nicest hotel breakfasts in the country (that I've ever tried), but don't expect anything close to breakfast at Asian hotels.