Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:43 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Stacycrow
Made two reservations a couple of days ago and they do not show up Accorplus profile under ‘My Reservations’.

Contacted Accor who advise that there is a current system error with ‘My Reservations’ and that I have to keep receipts and, after the stay, claim the points if I want them. There is no workaround.

To make matters worse I made the bookings via ‘The more you stay, the more you earn’ points promotion link – terrible system and customer service.
50% nonsense from CS.
Yes, "my reservations" often has issues.

Points are credited manually by all properties. So if you don't get your stay points, chase up with the hotel.
Once the hotels post points it triggers bonus points - unless there is a system issue.

So "my reservations" has nothing to do with you earning points. More importantly, make sure your booking is secure and you can do so by calling hotel or CS.
Goldorak and Stacycrow like this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:58 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

By the way @Stacycrow , who did you contact? Accor CS or AccorPlus member services? In which country if I may ask?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Wyndham Diamond, Bestwestern Diamond & Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
By the way @Stacycrow , who did you contact? Accor CS or AccorPlus member services? In which country if I may ask?
Hi Accor Plus Brisbane, Australia
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: All Diamond
My scenario is slightly different and had wondered whether anyone else has come across it before
Booked 2 rooms in Hobart
1st room for me 6 nights
2nd room for mate( booked week later ) for 3 nights same check in date but obviously different check out date
Mate checks out after 3 nights,status points and 3 nights added to my account following day
I check out 3 days later after 6 nights in total no more points nor final 3 nights added .
Contacted c/s about same no reply
Been in touch with some sort of manager at Hobart hotel who cannot do eneough to help rectify situationand even though he also has contacted c/s by phone still awaiting outcome after 2 weeks of him trying.
Is it not possible to manually add nights at hotel to my account if it can be done for points does any one know please
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:18 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sycokid
My scenario is slightly different and had wondered whether anyone else has come across it before
Booked 2 rooms in Hobart
1st room for me 6 nights
2nd room for mate( booked week later ) for 3 nights same check in date but obviously different check out date
Mate checks out after 3 nights,status points and 3 nights added to my account following day
I check out 3 days later after 6 nights in total no more points nor final 3 nights added .
Been in touch with some sort of manager at Hobart hotel who cannot do eneough to help rectify situationand even though he also has contacted c/s by phone still awaiting outcome after 2 weeks of him trying.
Is it not possible to manually add nights at hotel to my account if it can be done for points does any one know please
He can manually add goodwill points.
I don't think he can add nights.
But he can create a fictitious stay and post that way.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
He can manually add goodwill points.
I don't think he can add nights.
But he can create a fictitious stay and post that way.
Thanks for that G ,next time he gets in touch I shall ask him if he can do this from within
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by sycokid
Booked 2 rooms in Hobart
1st room for me 6 nights
I think he also can remove the first stay from your account (you then should see " Account Regularization " in you points history) and then post the 6 nights stay

sycokid likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Starriot; Fairmont/Accor
Angry

Just got off the phone with customer service. Account was blocked yesterday due to too many unsuccessful login attempts (result of not notifying assistant of new password...oops).

Apparently the only way to unblock the account is for the Accor IT team to send an mail to reset password ("forgot my password" link doesn't work). Customer rep said she would send a ticket to IT immediately but they are way behind and hiring new staff to handle demand.

She said it will take THREE TO FOUR WEEKS for the IT department to resolve the ticket. In the meantime, she said we'll have to call to book or modify any reservations. For the next month.

I miss FPC so much.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Anyone else has had issues with inputting dates on the Accor website for the last week or so, thereby practically rendering the website unusable? I've tried in both Chrome and Edge with the same result. Luckily, it still works in the app.

EDIT: I figured it out - my ad blocker (uBlock Origin) was somehow blocking the new booking interface.

Last edited by Nander; Feb 17, 2019 at 4:43 pm
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nander
Anyone else has had issues with inputting dates on the Accor website for the last week or so, thereby practically rendering the website unusable? I've tried in both Chrome and Edge with the same result. Luckily, it still works in the app.

EDIT: I figured it out - my ad blocker (uBlock Origin) was somehow blocking the new booking interface.
I was having the same problem with Opera for the past few weeks, just tried without my ad blocker and it now works, thanks for the tip!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: Accor Platinum
Is it just me or have they removed the Map option from the homepage now? That was actually kind of useful...
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by prairiedog
Just got off the phone with customer service. Account was blocked yesterday due to too many unsuccessful login attempts (result of not notifying assistant of new password...oops).

Apparently the only way to unblock the account is for the Accor IT team to send an mail to reset password ("forgot my password" link doesn't work). Customer rep said she would send a ticket to IT immediately but they are way behind and hiring new staff to handle demand.

She said it will take THREE TO FOUR WEEKS for the IT department to resolve the ticket. In the meantime, she said we'll have to call to book or modify any reservations. For the next month.

I just had the same conversation with a rep, who is now saying 6 to 10 weeks. He speculated that there is only 1 person in France who is doing this work.

Not only do you have to call in for reservations, but there is NO way (according to him) to register for promos, such as the current 3X in North America. He could create a duplicate account, but then you would lose the associated status for those bookings and points accrual.

The same rep confirmed that the Accor site cannot handle all of the Fairmont booking rates. So attempting to book a Fairmont would likely show you only the higher rates - which is why I asked that question in the first place. I didn't ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if bookings made through the Fairmont site didn't qualify for promos like the 3X, not that it matters for me since I can't register in the first place.

And Accor wonders why they have fewer people booking on the Accor site compared to Marriott et al???

As one of the "acquired" FPC customers, I'm trying to make this work, but it seems Accor is trying even harder to lose my business.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:10 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Booking Map

Originally Posted by nickw_au
Is it just me or have they removed the Map option from the homepage now? That was actually kind of useful...

Here it is ....

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/booking/map-search.shtml
nickw_au likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Look at clause 3. 31.04.2019

Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:36 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug . . . this is just a question.

I requalified for Platinum about 2 weeks ago with all Status/Rewards Points and nights being posted perfectly showing that I have the required number at least for nights (over 60).

However, my Membership Card both in the App and in my Web Account still show my Platinum status finishing on 31 December 2019 rather than 2020 due to requalification.

I was wondering how long it usually takes the wording on the Membership Card or elsewhere to reflect the new year of qualification ?

Is it just a matter of being patient for a month or more ? Or given that two weeks have already passed is this a bug that I need to email Accor CS about to update me manually ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.