Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Dear AccorHotels Concierge, it is now nearly 3 weeks since members have been unable to complete hotel reservations that include applying 2,000 Club points for a 40EUR discount. Each time the website gives a "technical error". Calling the Reservations hotline does not help, as they too are not able to complete the reservation with the points discount. No timeline for a fix has been provided.

Can you please escalate and respond? The loyalty program loses its value if members aren't able to avail of one of the biggest benefits LeClub Accor membership.

Thank you.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by progapanda
Dear AccorHotels Concierge, it is now nearly 3 weeks since members have been unable to complete hotel reservations that include applying 2,000 Club points for a 40EUR discount. Each time the website gives a "technical error". Calling the Reservations hotline does not help, as they too are not able to complete the reservation with the points discount. No timeline for a fix has been provided.

Can you please escalate and respond? The loyalty program loses its value if members aren't able to avail of one of the biggest benefits LeClub Accor membership.

Thank you.
Same issue using point...
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Accor Map shows two "Valentin" hotels in Mallorca that have left "Selected by Accor" long ago and are not bookable.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:21 am

Angry Points booking did not go through however points were deducted

I tried to make a booking at Novotel New Plymouth (NZ) and used 4K points as part payment. The final page showed "technical error" and I did not get a confirmation email. After calling Le Club customer care they confirmed the booking did not go through. However the 4K points were deducted from my account, and CS rep just told me to wait and the points will come back to my account. Was she just trying to brush me off? Any experience guys?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:52 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by zimne
I tried to make a booking at Novotel New Plymouth (NZ) and used 4K points as part payment. The final page showed "technical error" and I did not get a confirmation email. After calling Le Club customer care they confirmed the booking did not go through. However the 4K points were deducted from my account, and CS rep just told me to wait and the points will come back to my account. Was she just trying to brush me off? Any experience guys?
This has been a issue for several weeks (first encountered it mid August).

My experience - Points do get credited back within 24 hours. But no reservation sticks although hotel can see it immediately after it is made but then cancels at hotel within 24 hours.

Reservations cash only seem to go through fine. Very annoying and Accor IT don't seem to be doing anything to fix it.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Originally Posted by zimne
The points will be returned within a few hours, usually less than 24 hours. Accor informed me if I book a refundable rate, the hotel can apply the points discount at check-out. However, the current issue basically renders the points discount unusable on the cheapest, non-refundable rates. Poor form, Accor.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Checking sofitel city centre singapore, their luxury premium room description is complimentary breakfast yet at members app 10% rate, it says breakfast not included.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Not sure if this is a "bug" or the Accor IT team are tightening the policy.

The weekly up to 40% private sales ( that are not in the UK or France ) but can be accessed in other localities now have an additional feature.

You can see the sale rate, say 30£, on a selected day, but if you try to book that rate through the private sale page booking engine, you may get 35£ ( non sale rate for hotel )if you have not selected to be "based" in that location for the sale.

So you must change your given location on the menu before booking the Private Sale, it works just fine if you do this you do not need ( yet ) a VPN

One tends to think that that Accor are going to phase these sales out completely.

There has not been many in the UK or France or Spain for some time.

APAC have loads though
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:56 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Apparently I am in the midst of a very long stay at the Sofitel Jinan!

gilbertaue and Nick Art like this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
your new home for you for the next century
Nick Art likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:47 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by kaizen7
your new home for you for the next century
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Apparently I am in the midst of a very long stay at the Sofitel Jinan!

This just made my day.

You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:14 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

I'm very sorry for inconveniences that you meet during the booking process.
I saw your conversations and complaints and alerted our technical team on this issue in order we can fix the problem as soon as possible.
I will keep your informed as soon as i have more information.

I remain at your disposal,
Amy

Originally Posted by progapanda

Thank you.
progapanda and derfliegel like this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:12 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Is anyone else currently unable to get the website to work? I try to search for hotels in Shanghai on both the website and app and get technical errors for both.

EDIT: I think it just worked for me. I just needed to complain on Flyertalk and it started working again.
starflyergold likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Is anyone else currently unable to get the website to work? I try to search for hotels in Shanghai on both the website and app and get technical errors for both.

EDIT: I think it just worked for me. I just needed to complain on Flyertalk and it started working again.
I find I get a lot of errors if searching for anything more than a handful of days, most of the time. Flat out getting the booking engine to return results for anything more than a three night booking. A workaround is to search for specific hotels in the search box either by name or number and it should error less. Although that's only really useful if you know what you're looking for.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:02 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Two new issues for me today, after not being able to log in for much of yesterday:

1. The booking confirmation page shows, greyed and unchangeable, a different gender for my stored name than the one I've been using since birth.

2. Despite clearly being logged in, I cannot select the reduced "member" rate without agreeing to sign up for a new Le Club membership.

With those two things broken, I have no confidence in the rest of the system to make the reservation correctly. I'll leave it for tonight. If it's still broken tomorrow then the three bookings I need to make soon-ish are going to go outside Accor. Again. [Shakes head despairingly.]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.