Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
Breakfast is still missing in the rate with breakfast when booking multi nights.

I already have 3 bookings happened like this. Am I the only one encounter this situation?
Attached Images   
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: ALL Accor Platinum
So trying to book a hotel. On the desktop version the site is telling me my login details are invalid.

So I switch over to my mobile where the details do work. Only to fund the drop down section for selecting your payment card is unresponsive meaning I can't pay! 🙄
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:26 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi Mike_P,

It is possible to send me more detail by private message? Then I can get the IT team to look into the problem

Kind regards,
Amy
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:47 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The Mercure City Frankfurt is at 700 euros per night for the first weekend if August when all other hotels in the city for the same dates are below 125 euros, which is the Sofitel rate. Surely this is a bug ?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Wow. Wish I had found this thread before. I used Accor hotels for a couple of years because I got a free upgrade to Platinum from my Amex card. I had ALL these problems - and more - for that whole time. Then Amex changed the deal and I fell back down to Silver and as a result have not stayed once. At minimum a decent website is a pre-requisite for a hotel chain in 2000's. now they have transferred all my points to Iberia and when I emailed them a month ago asking why, they locked my account. Just rang back up today... STILL NO ANSWER! Could this chain's IT systems BE ANY WORSE?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by fairhsa
Wow. Wish I had found this thread before. I used Accor hotels for a couple of years because I got a free upgrade to Platinum from my Amex card. I had ALL these problems - and more - for that whole time. Then Amex changed the deal and I fell back down to Silver and as a result have not stayed once. At minimum a decent website is a pre-requisite for a hotel chain in 2000's. now they have transferred all my points to Iberia and when I emailed them a month ago asking why, they locked my account. Just rang back up today... STILL NO ANSWER! Could this chain's IT systems BE ANY WORSE?

I very much doubt it !
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:40 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
The Mercure City Frankfurt is at 700 euros per night for the first weekend if August [...] Surely this is a bug ?
The Mercure Kaiserhof only seems to be available that weekend if you invoke the Platinum guarantee, so why not assume that they're simply full?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:34 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Because all other hotels for the entire Frankfurt city are less than 125 EUR, with some neighboring hotel at 30 EUR a night. I have difficulty to believe that a Mercure hotel 250 meters away is at 40 EUR a night while this one is full at 700 EUR. It is possible I admit but seems unlikely to me.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
2 technical issues I've encountered just now:

1. Paying for a booking when using a new card:

I already had a VISA card registered to my account but wanted to use my new MASTERCARD. I clicked use the new card, chose Mastercard etc and made the booking. The hotel contacted me today to say that the card didn't work. In their e-mail, the card still displayed Visa (which was the pre-registered card). The last 4 digits was the Mastercard but because it was displayed as Visa, the hotel couldn't see any information about the new card. Therefore, I suggested making a new booking and they could cancel the old one (luckily it's the last day of the sales so I could get the same rate).

So, if you use a new credit card, there seems to be a technical difficulty - I had to go into my profile, delete the old card then add the new card BEFORE making the booking, rather than just selecting 'use new card' at the payment stage of the booking.

2. Nationality - when I make a booking, all my personal information including phone number etc is displayed. I just need to click confirm to go to the payment stage. However, there is a section on that page that appears if you click 'More'. Then, 'Nationality' is a required field that you need to fill in again EVERY TIME you make a booking. Why doesn't the system retain this? Do I need to go to my profile to update it? Besides, in the App on my I-phone, I couldn't select my nationality - it's just blank. I can only do it on the desktop. And rather than having 'More' and hiding nationality, it's better to display the missing field when you click CONFIRM, otherwise, you don't know why it won't go to the next page - usually it should automatically show the missing field (and drop down to show this) when you click confirm.

The booking experience is really not good enough.

I also noticed on the app that when you choose the room and go to the personal information page, you can't see anything about your booking summarised (dates, number of people etc). This would be helpful throughout the process, as on the app, it appears that you are blind in the latter stages and cannot check before confirming the booking.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:17 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
2. Nationality - when I make a booking, all my personal information including phone number etc is displayed. I just need to click confirm to go to the payment stage. However, there is a section on that page that appears if you click 'More'. Then, 'Nationality' is a required field that you need to fill in again EVERY TIME you make a booking. Why doesn't the system retain this? Do I need to go to my profile to update it? Besides, in the App on my I-phone, I couldn't select my nationality - it's just blank. I can only do it on the desktop. And rather than having 'More' and hiding nationality, it's better to display the missing field when you click CONFIRM, otherwise, you don't know why it won't go to the next page - usually it should automatically show the missing field (and drop down to show this) when you click confirm.
Beware of what you wish: it does retain the Nationality field for me, but wrongly. It always put Germany, which is my residence country currently.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Beware of what you wish: it does retain the Nationality field for me, but wrongly. It always put Germany, which is my residence country currently.
The same here, but I must admit that I rarely bother to change it when booking... They can see my nationality when I check-in if they need to anyway (and as my nationality and residence are in the EU, I don't see what difference it makes).
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by IMH
The Mercure Kaiserhof only seems to be available that weekend if you invoke the Platinum guarantee, so why not assume that they're simply full?
It's a mistake for sure. They're at around 700 Euro per night for multiple weeks in August. That's not exactly the time when they would be fully booked.

Must be an extra zero or something, the rate should be around 70 Euro/night.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Hi Amy,

Is the IT aware that for some weeks now the desktop LCAH has issues displaying the points and night "bars" correctly?

To "maintain plat status"

Instead of showing 21/60 nights for example, it shows 21/21 nights.
Instead of showing 7123/14,000 status points, it shows 7123/7123 status points.
This issue is still not rectified even after almost 2 months.

Not really sure why it is so difficult to fix this.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:41 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi lingua101,

I am looking into the issue again internally. Sorry to hear that it has not already been sorted.

Thank you for your patience
Kind regards,
Amy
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Another complain, last night I was looking for hotel in HKG for the 1st week of September. At the search result, it show Pullman has a complimentary night toward the end of the week (5,6 Sep), when I clicked, it showed nothing is available.

What a crap.

Give me back the old feature that can show the availability of comp stay on week and monthly basis please.

In fact, I found many inconsistency between what shown in search result page and the details... just to lazy to post... I have given up already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.