Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:14 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
It is easier to get a new customer than to keep an existing one ......
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
"Account regularization": When I logged onto my account two weeks ago to check on upcoming bookings, I noticed that an "account regularization" entry which wiped out my entire balance of 17,000 points! Despite regular Accor newsletters clearing stating that my points don't expire until 28 Oct 2019 (those boxes at the bottom of the sales notification emails), Accor seemed to suddenly decide to wipe my account clean. Thought I'll share my experience here on how I spent two weeks chasing customer service to get my points restored, in case this happens to you.

I contacted customer service over their "contact us webform" and got a very detailed reply after 3 days, stating that my points had in fact expired back in Jan 2019 and that's why the account regularization has happened. Apparently, Accor systems automatically send out reminders 3 months and 6 weeks before points expire - I never got any! I then had to write back asking customer service to review my account activity and also attached screenshots of every newsletter I've received that shows my points didn't expire until 28 Oct 2019. (Sadly, it never occurred to be to take a screenshot of my account page at some stage as "evidence" of when my points would expire).

Didn't hear back from customer service for a week, so I decided to call. The agent I spoke with said that "the agent that handled your case should have gotten back to you. I will email that agent on your behalf". I then said "so you can't do anything about it, you have to go back to the original agent that handled my case?". She then said "yes" before changing her mind and said "if you can hold, I'll review your case". After a few minutes, she had read my case and said that she will contact the agent. After another nudge from me, she finally relented and said that "I'll take the necessary action to resolve your case". She restored the points straight away but insisted the exception to restore the points would only be made "once in a member's lifetime", citing my upcoming reservations.

Moral of the story: (a) the expiry date stated in Accor comms may NOT be the genuine expiry date per their systems! But given what's in this thread, probably shouldn't surprise anyone! (b) call rather than email customer service if possible and (c) request the agent to handle your case right there and then, because they can, even though the agent may try to "follow procedures" and email someone else to finish the case.

I'm afraid that this is the final straw for me. Once I've completed my upcoming stays and used up my remaining points, I'll be done with Le Club / Limitless. I'll probably still be staying in the occasional Accor property but just can't be bothered battling Accor's IT issues anymore.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
You just need to make 1 stay at any Accor hotel every 12 months to keep the point active I believe?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:20 am

Exclamation Accor hotel website problems

The site is VERY flaky; I tried to log in with what I know to be valid credentials, it refused my password, then I clicked the 'change password' option and only in one out of ten attempts did the site send me an email link. When I used the link and changed the password, the site would then not accept the password. This happened on MS Edge, MS IE 10 and on an Android phone using the native browser so it's a site problem.

What is more alarming is the occasional message in Russian script that comes up ( and I ma logging on from different infrastructures and access points by the way).

Accor- get this sorted and get the bugs resolved ASAP and also put some information on your site, geeks like me may be happy to while our time away on forums but the general public are not; its a shame as the hotels are great and the brand will suffer because of these problems.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Can someone explain me what "Eau à l'arrivée" means in the room description ?

martin_paris likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: ALL
Originally Posted by Goldorak

What Sofitel is that so it can be fixed ?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:43 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
It means that you'll have guaranteed water in the shower from 2-3pm.

Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by martin_paris
What Sofitel is that so it can be fixed ?
Sofitel Bogota.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
It means that you'll have guaranteed water in the shower from 2-3pm.
Or they splash water on you at check-in to celebrate your arrival
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:40 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

Feel welcome.....
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: ALL

Sofitel Bogota.
thanks !
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:34 am

Ok, I think this beats all...

Tonight I booked a room in Europe. I'm an American, legacy Fairmont. The "page loading" messages appeared in Greek. That's not so troubling but a sign of obvious incompetence. After booking, the email I received from the hotel offered me something amusing to say the least. Apparently each arriving guest is invited to a "show-cocking."

Now, I'm not too offended by this, and my girlfriend is intrigued. But I'd hope this is a big enough failure to get a lot of people fired in a real company. I mean, seriously! If I were not a jolly good guy with a sense of humor, this kind of solicitation could very well be a criminal act in some areas. What is WRONG with the Accor executives?
Nick Art likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Weird way of putting it, and I've not been to this place, but I'd read it as complimentary bottled water in the room on arrival, but not reprovisioned gratis for subsequent nights. Which is kind of a weird thing in itself.
But I like the previous answers better.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:58 am

@martin_paris...your question suggests you work for Accor or Sofitel. Why on earth would you ask or expect the internet to help you fix your company's incompetence? Really, this is a serious problem with your company that executive management needs to fix in a matter of days or they need to resign and let adults occupy their positions. Accor is a hilarious corporate joke right now!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:02 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Accor can't even get it right on the website for ALL, mixing up the answers for the questions in the FAQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.