Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Firsttime4me2
Anyone else having problems logging into the Accor app (Android). Keeps saying my password is incorrect, and will not send the link to my email to reset it?
Me too. Suddenly I can NOT log in today...
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:25 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Since last night (18hrs ago)
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:20 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
And now it is back, so glad it appeared to be an Accor issue and I was not a hacked!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:48 pm

Currently cannot log in at all via the website or App. Will keep trying hopefully the technical issues affecting me will be fixed soon.

Now can't log into Places . . . they said that they had detected unusual activity with my Account . . . probably my repeated attempts to log into the Accor website and App . . . Facebook requested that I upload a photo for security purposes so that I can again log into Places. Now just waiting for them to review the photo.

What a nuisance.

Can now log into Account via web and App.

But still waiting for Facebook to review my photo so I can log back into Places. Grumble grumble ......

Does anyone know how long it usually takes Facebook to complete this process ? I am hoping a matter of hours but . . . .

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Dec 4, 2018 at 7:45 pm
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:35 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

Many of you have received a loyalty satisfaction survey from us. Unfortunately, here has been a technical problem with the link that prevented you from accessing to the website.
Please be ensured that this problem has now been resolved and you can now participate !
As a kind reminder, the survey is on until December 9th

Kind regards,
Amy
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear members,

Many of you have received a loyalty satisfaction survey from us. Unfortunately, here has been a technical problem with the link that prevented you from accessing to the website.
Please be ensured that this problem has now been resolved and you can now participate !
As a kind reminder, the survey is on until December 9th

Kind regards,
Amy

Dear Amy,

I just sent you a Direct Message (with details) to ask if you could help me regain access to the Places App.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Dec 21, 2018 at 11:15 am
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
That sounds like the usual Accor IT.

I would advise others to beware of doing any Accor surveys anyhow. I was invited to do one hosted by testapic.com last year and offering money. That money was effectively a lie. It's impossible to get it cashed out unless the total gets to 28 EUR and they have never sent me any more surveys. (I think it may require a European bank account too?)
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:13 pm

Am very happy to report that I have now regained access to the Places App after being blocked for a little more than 24 hours, and have been able to register my check in for my current hotel.

Thank you Amy and anybody else in Accor Customer Service who helped to unblock my access.

I did not receive any further communication from Facebook. I just kept trying to log in every now and again and now it is back to normal.

Great !
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
The Apps seems to be in a bad mood today
PS : I never stayed at Novotel Strasbourg Les Halles !
I wished the points balance be true

at 999999 status point, do you have special membership tier ?
one million point club ?

by the way, does accor website experience issue today ? cant load accor app and also cant search hotel on the website
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by kaizen7
at 999999 status point, do you have special membership tier ?
one million point club ?
A seat at Accor board
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
Am very happy to report that I have now regained access to the Places App after being blocked for a little more than 24 hours, and have been able to register my check in for my current hotel.

Thank you Amy and anybody else in Accor Customer Service who helped to unblock my access.

I did not receive any further communication from Facebook. I just kept trying to log in every now and again and now it is back to normal.

Great !
About 36 hours after regaining access to the Places App (around 24 hours after submitting my photo to Facebook as requested), I received a reply from Accor Customer Service saying that they could find no problem with the App at their end. They obviously did not know that I had already regained access . . . or at least the CSR who sent the email didn't. She recommended that I delete and then reinstall the App, and if that doesn't work I should contact Facebook myself.

My guess now is that Facebook IT security satisfied itself that nobody was trying to hack into my Account, and that it really was me who experienced trouble logging in to the Accor App for a few hours and then they unblocked me from accessing the Places App.

The suggestion from the CSR that I delete and reinstall my Places App may be the answer to me never being awarded the Cosmopolite badge despite having way more Validated check ins than necessary. I've done it and will see.

However her claimed investigation into my Places status did not identify that particular issue at all.

If the reinstallation of the Places App does not trigger the badge then I will take up the kind offer of a hotel Loyalty Activist to take up my cause with Accor Customer Service.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:24 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Not a website bug, but an email one.
I am looking forward to my upcoming 'undefined nights' stay at the Grand Mercure Xi'an.

Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
New Hotels Promotion

I wanted to book today the current one (last day today), registered yesterday, but today the old text is there and the booking engine right side of the text shows the hotels of the future one.

This is an error of course, but can I just book one of the hotels of the promotion valid until today with the general booking engine and it counts for Promotion as I already registered yesterday?

New Hotels offer - 31/12/18
Attached Images

Last edited by submonte; Dec 31, 2018 at 9:19 am
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:35 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
I did it once and it worked fine.
​​​​​​​I think it should be good if you book before midnight (French time)
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by nrouxel
I did it once and it worked fine.
I think it should be good if you book before midnight (French time)
Merci. I just made the booking, and some others with due date today, IBIS Business Card offer (800 points), and the double/triple (App) "Winter" offer.

Happy New Year!

By the way, as I celebrate in Romania (in 4 mins. New Year), the App showed the local currency for my bookings (RON)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.