Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I had the same issue.
So I book my 5 nights stay in Hong Kong with Hilton
Same problem here during 48 hours.....also the app didn't work. Works now but not yesterday.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:25 pm
Suspended

I am so frustrated with Accor's website. I ended up calling their reservation center every time I need to book a room, or for any member account issues. This Flyertalk thread of customer dissatisfaction is growing so fast that the IT department of this French company should be ashamed of their incompetence.
Old May 13, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Nice Bead and Breakfast offer without breakfast at Pullman Paris Bercy...

Old May 13, 2018, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This is a good one
Old May 13, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
Nice Bead and Breakfast offer without breakfast at Pullman Paris Bercy...
Probably just another example of the bug that's been around for months.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Another bug usually hits the Newsletter, where Sofitel kindly started with "Dear @FirstName,"

Also received a "things to do in Tokyo -> Disneyland" with the picture of a... European church!

Julien
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: Accor Platinum
Anyone else had issues with the latest sale, or the previous one?

Every time I try to book a sale rate I just get "Sorry a technical error has occured" on the desktop and in the app. This is attempting to book on the 30% off sale, with an extra 10% for Accor Plus members.

I'm Accor Plus with an unused night ... is it possible that this is related to the same bug described above that is giving availability errors to accor plus members?

So frustrating!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:04 am

last year it was impossible for me to log in or my login info was not correct
with help of the reception of pulman bercy it was working after 6 months
Allways i keep the printed confirmation with me
it saves me a few times.
kees
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:12 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Super Sale reservation made online today (last day of the curent sale) part points part cash payment.

At point of confirmation error message reservation cannot complete but I note the points have been deducted.

Phone Accor reservations who check and confirm reservation has failed due to a technical issue at their end. They can't rectify, will need to make a new booking but first wait for points to re-credit which should occur within 2 hours. Advised to call them back when points re-credit and make booking by phone to avoid repeat of technical issue.

Points refunded after about 1 hour so phone reservations again. Reservation made again, points deducted, payment made, confirmation number provided. Sales rep says everything is ok with reservation and payment has been authorised. All good so I think.

15 minutes later automated email from Accor headed "Reservation Failed". body of email simply reads

Dear CWL

Unfortunately we are not able to confirm your reservation

Kind regards

Phone Accor reservations again, provide reference, rep apologetic, doesn't understand issue asked to hold. After 15 minutes on hold informed reservation has again failed, will need to start again. Rep says he will call Customer Care to get points back so can restart process.

After 20 minutes listening to music, informed Customer Care advise may take 24 hours to refund points. Sales rep advises to await refund of points and call again. Explain it is Super Sale rate which ends today so need to book today. Sales rep says he understands position, states what has happened is un-acceptable but nothing he can do. If reservation made after today the then current rates will apply. I query making the reservation in cash but sales rep advises to wait as technical issue may repeat in any case and I'm using 40,000 points so cash alternative is significant. Sales rep seemed to be trying to be as helpful as he could and appeared to have tried all he could to fix with Customer care.

Finally calls ended with sales rep suggesting I escalate as complaint to Customer Care. In total well over two hours expended on calls and online and at present no reservation but 40,000 points absent from my account. For this reservation the Super Sale rate is a good saving compared to the Advance Purchase rates offered for this hotel so loss of the sale rate would be equivalent to about 10,000 Le club points

A complaint has been lodged with customer care with a request they contact me to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

I wait to see if Customer Care step up to the challenge and fix the reservation or will they simply wash their hands of it?

Last edited by cwl; Jun 1, 2018 at 4:18 pm
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cwl
Super Sale reservation made online today (last day of the curent sale) part points part cash payment.

At point of confirmation error message reservation cannot complete but I note the points have been deducted.

Phone Accor reservations who check and confirm reservation has failed due to a technical issue at their end. They can't rectify, will need to make a new booking but first wait for points to re-credit which should occur within 2 hours. Advised to call them back when points re-credit and make booking by phone to avoid repeat of technical issue.

Points refunded after about 1 hour so phone reservations again. Reservation made again, points deducted, payment made, confirmation number provided. Sales rep says everything is ok with reservation and payment has been authorised. All good so I think.

15 minutes later automated email from Accor headed "Reservation Failed". body of email simply reads

Dear CWL

Unfortunately we are not able to confirm your reservation

Kind regards

Phone Accor reservations again, provide reference, rep apologetic, doesn't understand issue asked to hold. After 15 minutes on hold informed reservation has again failed, will need to start again. Rep says he will call Customer Care to get points back so can restart process.

After 20 minutes listening to music, informed Customer Care advise may take 24 hours to refund points. Sales rep advises to await refund of points and call again. Explain it is Super Sale rate which ends today so need to book today. Sales rep says he understands position, states what has happened is un-acceptable but nothing he can do. If reservation made after today the then current rates will apply. I query making the reservation in cash but sales rep advises to wait as technical issue may repeat in any case and I'm using 40,000 points so cash alternative is significant. Sales rep seemed to be trying to be as helpful as he could and appeared to have tried all he could to fix with Customer care.

Finally calls ended with sales rep suggesting I escalate as complaint to Customer Care. In total well over two hours expended on calls and online and at present no reservation but 40,000 points absent from my account. For this reservation the Super Sale rate is a good saving compared to the Advance Purchase rates offered for this hotel so loss of the sale rate would be equivalent to about 10,000 Le club points

A complaint has been lodged with customer care with a request they contact me to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

I wait to see if Customer Care step up to the challenge and fix the reservation or will they simply wash their hands of it?
Oh nooo
What a mess...
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:20 am
cwl

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by cwl

UPDATE - Having chased this with Accor customer care and the hotel direct I have been able to establish:

Both Customer Care and the Hotel can see my booking, it had a reservation number issued on a non cancellable rate but was then cancelled. Customer Care tell me the reservation was cancelled by the hotel. The hotel tell me it was cancelled by the Accor IT system.

I have checked with my bank who have confirmed the hotel requested payment authorisation for the entire cost of the stay, that was approved with a authorisation number issued. Some hours later the hotel cancelled the authorisation. I have also passed written confirmation received from my bank to the hotel.

My Le club points are still debited to my account.

I have tried asking the hotel to honour the reservation but at present they are refusing to do so and have simply suggested I rebook via Accor.com. The only current rate being offered online is a Fully flexible rate at 30% more. My last email to the GM has been ignored 72 hours after it was sent.

Accor Customer Care have informed me they are liaising with the hotel to try to persuade them to honour the reservation.

Customer Care appear sympathetic to my request but I am disappointed with the hotel (a Sofitel) being so unwilling to correct the problem which appears to be entirely one of its own making (IT related or human intervention is unclear but shouldn't make a difference).
virtualaris likes this.

Last edited by cwl; Jun 5, 2018 at 3:31 am
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Whatever the cause, if they are advertising a rate and then NOT making it available, they should be held to account.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cwl
UPDATE - Having chased this with Accor customer care and the hotel direct I have been able to establish:

Both Customer Care and the Hotel can see my booking, it had a reservation number issued on a non cancellable rate but was then cancelled. Customer Care tell me the reservation was cancelled by the hotel. The hotel tell me it was cancelled by the Accor IT system.

I have checked with my bank who have confirmed the hotel requested payment authorisation for the entire cost of the stay, that was approved with a authorisation number issued. Some hours later the hotel cancelled the authorisation. I have also passed written confirmation received from my bank to the hotel.

My Le club points are still debited to my account.

I have tried asking the hotel to honour the reservation but at present they are refusing to do so and have simply suggested I rebook via Accor.com. The only current rate being offered online is a Fully flexible rate at 30% more. My last email to the GM has been ignored 72 hours after it was sent.

Accor Customer Care have informed me they are liaising with the hotel to try to persuade them to honour the reservation.

Customer Care appear sympathetic to my request but I am disappointed with the hotel (a Sofitel) being so unwilling to correct the problem which appears to be entirely one of its own making (IT related or human intervention is unclear but shouldn't make a difference).
Could you give us clue which Sofitel is it? I believe it's unacceptable for a hotel on such class.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:35 am
cwl

Originally Posted by virtualaris
Could you give us clue which Sofitel is it? I believe it's unacceptable for a hotel on such class.
The hotel is Sofitel Rabat Jardin des Roses, Rabat, Morocco.

As of yesterday customer care have told me they have spoken with the hotel who have advised they had a IT issue with their systems which caused problems with a number of reservations made in recent days. The hotel however are still declining to honour the affected reservations.

Customer care have told me they are going to try again today to contact someone more senior at the hotel to try to resolve.

My own emails to the hotels General Manager, Duty Manager and Revenue Manager requesting they resolve the problem remain unanswered after 5 days. The hotel has however confirmed that my emails have been received.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by cwl
The hotel is Sofitel Rabat Jardin des Roses, Rabat, Morocco.
At this point, I'd take my business elsewhere and avoid that hotel at all costs.
Hopefully they will honor their commitment though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.