Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I was surprised when my Credit Card was debited for an upcoming stay at the Pullman Beijing South. I emailed the hotel and this was their reply:-

Guarantee Policy
Full amount of stay is payable in advance by credit card at booking time.
Cancellation policy
The amount due is not refundable even if the booking is cancelled or modified.

OK, so I could have booked a pre-paid rate by mistake. However, I then checked the T&Cs (see below). So, some confusion. The Hotel said that they would have to check with head office in Germany. Still no reply after 10 days.
Attached Images  
Old May 11, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Any idea how to check the availability for A+ complimentary night, rather than do it night by night.

The old website can show the availability on monthly basis.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Castleford Tiger
I was surprised when my Credit Card was debited for an upcoming stay at the Pullman Beijing South. I emailed the hotel and this was their reply:-

Guarantee Policy
Cancellation policy

OK, so I could have booked a pre-paid rate by mistake. However, I then checked the T&Cs (see below). So, some confusion. The Hotel said that they would have to check with head office in Germany. Still no reply after 10 days.
Very bad This has happened to me in Sofitel Montreal a couple of years ago, but a simple e-mail has solved the problem and they reimbursed me quickly.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Feel welcome...really ?

tired...
want to book Sofitel Montréal in june. I never stay in another hotel when going there. Business trip, so which always carry a certain level of uncertainty.
Here's the results. Whatever the room category, only a "special event rate" is available and clearly labeled as PRE-PAYMENT - NO MODIFICATION AND NO CANCELLATION ALLOWED in the rate label.

UNDERSTOOD ???? YES MY CAPTAIN !

I have never seen that before Clearly, the hotel is making you a favor to accept your booking.
Is that normal to not have a flex rate or the platinum rate ? If there is such a big event, they shouldn't care about having cancellations on flexible rates because they can re-sell easily.
I will send an e-mail to the hotel, but if they maintain that, this will be my 1st non-Accor booking in Montreal as all the other Accor options are crappy Novotels
Attached Images  
Old May 13, 2017, 4:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Whatever the room category, only a "special event rate" is available and clearly labeled as PRE-PAYMENT - NO MODIFICATION AND NO CANCELLATION ALLOWED in the rate label.
It only applies to the first night. So you could split up the booking an at least make a flex booking for nights 2 and 3.

These things happen occasionally. There probably is a big event in town and other "unusual" things are happing. I didn't check, but I would guess that the first night is also a black-out date during which the guaranteed room availability for elites doesn't apply.

Accor seems to give hotels the option to do such things during special events. I recently ran into the issue that on a date for which they anticipated high demand, the discounted LCAH rates weren't available.
Old May 13, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Castleford Tiger

Guarantee Policy
Cancellation policy

How do you know your credit card is being debited?

Some hotels do try to charge the cc but it never been settled.

Happen to me also when i booked the robey in Chicago using spg points. I received an sms that there is charge to my account but it never been settled.

I guess the hotel is trying to see if the card is fine

Last edited by lingua101; May 15, 2017 at 1:12 am
Old May 13, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
tired...
want to book Sofitel Montréal in june. I never stay in another hotel when going there. Business trip, so which always carry a certain level of uncertainty.
Here's the results. Whatever the room category, only a "special event rate" is available and clearly labeled as PRE-PAYMENT - NO MODIFICATION AND NO CANCELLATION ALLOWED in the rate label.

UNDERSTOOD ???? YES MY CAPTAIN !

I have never seen that before Clearly, the hotel is making you a favor to accept your booking.
Is that normal to not have a flex rate or the platinum rate ? If there is such a big event, they shouldn't care about having cancellations on flexible rates because they can re-sell easily.
I will send an e-mail to the hotel, but if they maintain that, this will be my 1st non-Accor booking in Montreal as all the other Accor options are crappy Novotels
On such situations, I use an expired or cancelled credit card just to make sure the charge will not go through.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by olivedel
On such situations, I use an expired or cancelled credit card just to make sure the charge will not go through.
Well, if the intention is not to pay at a later point, I'd have to call this petty crime.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by fppmongo
Well, if the intention is not to pay at a later point, I'd have to call this petty crime.
I understand that the intention is to pay only when you actually have to pay. I call that smart (and do the same thing sometimes).
Old May 15, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by fppmongo
Not my intention. I just don't want to be charged when it is not legitimate.
Old May 15, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Tries to book Accor but the search results never showed up. It only says: "Please wait. We're checking our availabilities." Tried other browser, but also displaying the same message.

Is it only me or other members experiencing the same ?
Old May 15, 2017, 6:27 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by virtualaris
Tries to book Accor but the search results never showed up. It only says: "Please wait. We're checking our availabilities." Tried other browser, but also displaying the same message.

Is it only me or other members experiencing the same ?
Works fine for me. It's just you
Old May 16, 2017, 12:36 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
No - not just you - lost a booking just now as "maintenance error" poped up - and web site went away .......
Old May 16, 2017, 7:38 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hotel_user
No - not just you - lost a booking just now as "maintenance error" poped up - and web site went away .......
Then only some - I did two bookings last night and had no issues booing - only issue is that one of the bookings don't appear in the 'in progress' tab. But I did receive the confirmation.

Last edited by gilbertaue; May 16, 2017 at 7:52 pm
Old May 22, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
I thought the inconsistencies were only on Accor website, it also can be found in email.

In my recent two Accor bookings, I have chosen non refundable with breakfast rate.

However, both confirmation email metioned the breakfast is only applicable to my first night, since when the breakfast become a one time benefit like welcome drink

(P.S. I contacted the first hotel and they confirmed there was a mistake in my email and daily breakfast is actually included. I will contact second hotel to see what happened.)
Attached Images     

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.