Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel and Residences

Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:36 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Looks very nice gilbertaue ^
You might want to show the Pullman Bordeaux these pictures
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:05 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
^ well we all know that Asian hotels make the effort, European hotels rarely do.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
I also booked the interconnecting room which is a Executive Deluxe Room.
In both cases, not much was done to the bathrooms. So I didn't take pictures of that.
Here are the pictures of the Exec Dlx:
Nice renovation.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
gilbertaue - sorry to pick your brain but I'm going to be in KL next spring with my parents. We're doing touristy things and I'm interested in this Pullman due to the shopping mall opposite and because it seems pretty handy for site seeing. Would you say it's a good choice for that kind of stay or is there somewhere else you'd recommend?

FWIW I'll be Platinum at the time of the stay.

1F
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:39 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
gilbertaue - sorry to pick your brain but I'm going to be in KL next spring with my parents. We're doing touristy things and I'm interested in this Pullman due to the shopping mall opposite and because it seems pretty handy for site seeing. Would you say it's a good choice for that kind of stay or is there somewhere else you'd recommend?

FWIW I'll be Platinum at the time of the stay.

1F
Hi 1nfrequent, happy to share.
This recent stay was with my elderly in-laws - so I know what it's like to travel with parents
The property is right across the road from Pavilion, but unless you would want to risk a death-defying dash across a 5 lane road, I would advise not to cross the road there.

If you head against the flow of traffic, up a slope for about 100m there is an overhead bridge with escalators. This overhead bridge is also the loooooong link bridge to KLCC and the Convention Centre. The location of the escalator is in fact right next to the Novotel.

So it depends how fit your parents are. If they have no issues walking up a slight slope for 100m, then there are no problems.
There is of course the mandatory KL downpour at 3pm which you also need to be aware of - but the concierge has umbrellas.

Anyway, lots going for this property and my in-laws and my family love it (we used to stay at the Novotel, but that's a dump).
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:45 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat

Two rooms with an Accor Plus Platinum stay between 05JUN>08JUN2017

We were very happy with the hotel we had booked two by one-bedroom apartments and were upgraded to two by two-bedroom apartments. We had more room than we knew what to do with. We were not expecting both rooms to be upgraded and they were both large with fully operational kitchens.

The rooms included two complimentary pieces of laundry per room per day, in room local calls which came in very handy for confirming tours. The only negatives, were no pork bacon at breakfast, and the power points in the rooms were not multi country.

Both rooms received Executive Lounge privileges, we were blown away! The lounge is magnificent, it is located on level 29, I think it is actually occupies the Presidential Suite and open from 0630 until 2000, it has a great view of the Twin Towers. We had read that children were not permitted in the lounge but did not find that to be the case during the day when we attended afternoon tea from noon until 1500. The staff were attentive friendly and advised just where to sit and helped us take great photos with the towers in the background. The evening Cocktail served between 1800 and 2000 provided a good variety of canaps with plates of hot hors doeuvre brought out to each table. Beer, wine and spirits were also readily available.

As previously mentioned both rooms received Platinum privileges, in addition there was a welcome letter from Sumathy Manicam (Lounge Assistant Manager) and a card from Simon Angrove (Director of Ops), we also received welcome fruit and memento gift. Residence guests with lounge privileges were also able to take breakfast in the Eccucino restaurant rather than the Living Space or Level 29.

A great tip for transport to and from the hotel is the web app Grab which is similar but normally cheaper than an Uber, we would definitely return!

Value for money? YES, Feb 2017 Asia Pacific Sale 50% off cost for two one-bedroom residences for two nights @ AUD$105pn each.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your review Firsttime4me2!
Unfortunately, the lounge is only temporary. As much as I'm looking forward to the renovated lounge on the 4th floor, the view from the Presidential Suite (aka Lounge) is wonderful.
I've not seen anywhere that children were not allowed - do you recall where you saw that? Anyway has never been an issue here for us.

Sumathy may have checked you in/out during your stay at the temporary Exec Lounge Checkin table in the Lobby. A very friendly Indian lady.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Thank you for your review Firsttime4me2!
Unfortunately, the lounge is only temporary. As much as I'm looking forward to the renovated lounge on the 4th floor, the view from the Presidential Suite (aka Lounge) is wonderful.
I've not seen anywhere that children were not allowed - do you recall where you saw that? Anyway has never been an issue here for us.

Sumathy may have checked you in/out during your stay at the temporary Exec Lounge Checkin table in the Lobby. A very friendly Indian lady.
Hi Gilbertaue, I have enjoyed reading many of your reviews! The no child policy came from a TripAdvisor post submitted on the 26MAR2016. Even the management response to it appeared to confirm the content, so we went expecting it and were pleasantly surprised to be advised differently.

I do believe we did meet Sumathy as we were waiting for a car at reception, I have to say, all the staff were fantastic!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
gilbertaue:
So it depends how fit your parents are. If they have no issues walking up a slight slope for 100m, then there are no problems.
There is of course the mandatory KL downpour at 3pm which you also need to be aware of - but the concierge has umbrellas.
Many thanks, gilbertaue. I shall give this hotel a go then.

1F
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:30 am
Suspended

I am at Pullman klcc now and unfortunately the lounge has been moved to the first floor with no view.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by betternexttime
I am at Pullman klcc now and unfortunately the lounge has been moved to the first floor with no view.
They may have had a guest who wanted to pay for the Presidential Suite? The regular lounge (which is being renovated) is on the 4th floor and doesn't have a view either...
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Not all roses

I stayed for a week (should have been two) two months ago - sorry this is late I've been 'on the road' since. Booked a standard room; upgraded to exec (Platinum), non-refurbished but very comfortable with twin towers view. Exec lounge was just about to relocate from 4th(?) floor - great staff save an otherwise dour lounge - good decision to renovate, obviously. All good so far.
However was given a connecting room which I didn't even notice when I just crashed on arrival. Why do they do that to single travellers? Lots of noise from neighbours and had to move after a couple of days. Only other rooms available were allegedly next to, underneath or otherwise nearby rooms being renovated from dawn till dusk with plenty of drilling, hammering etc. It was KL marathon weekend so I do believe they were at very high occupancy.
Stuck it for several days as not in the room too much, but decided to move to Hilton Doubletree where I had an excellent upgraded stay (Diamond) for my second week with a fantastic lounge etc.
So not a major issue or complaint on the Pullman; they've obviously got to get on with the upgrades because the place is tired. But the usual observation that you just wish they'd planned some thought and/or warning = communication for impacted guests.
Hopefully the worst is over for any upcoming stays, but worth asking a few questions on booking or check-in to try to avoid my errors.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Just received an invite to book the new club floor rooms as the lounge has re-opened. Pity I have moved to KL now! Look at this lounge:
Attached Images  
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
i was there during the first week of this new club lounge opening, all lounge staffs sing birthday song for me!

(red velvet birthday cake from hotel)
Attached Images   
starflyergold and uggboy like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.