Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Pullman Sydney Airport - simply amazing!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:31 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum

Pullman Sydney Airport

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Pullman Sydney Airport

191 O'Riordan Street Mascot, NSW AU 2020

Pullman Sydney Airport - simply amazing!! (19 Photos)

Pullman Sydney Airport

This is an AMAZING hotel.  if you love the Pullman brand, you are going to be a fan of this hotel.

It was just over 3 weeks old when I stayed, so everything is new (I was the first to use the iron in my room).

Great Le Club Platinum recognition with a room upgrade, lounge access, welcome drink, free high speed internet.

Check In

Walking into the foyer, you're senses light up. From the smell (just amazing) and the sculptures, not to mention the smiles, I felt immediately at home  

17_image.jpeg16_image.jpeg

Room

I was upgraded to a Deluxe corner room, and it was just beautiful. Incredibly warm and relaxing.

the hallway looks like a runway.

31_image.jpeg

22_image.jpeg18_image.jpeg19_image.jpeg21_image.jpeg24_image.jpeg20_image.jpeg23_image.jpeg

Service

Service was outstanding. Still a few bugs, with such a brand new hotel (there was confusion if I could have breakfast in either the restaurant or the lounge, but I was eventually allowed to eat in the restaurant). 

As a Platinum member, I received a welcome drink and also lounge access.

I also received a nice welcome gift.

35_image.jpeg

26_image.jpeg25_image.jpeg

Executive lounge is small, but they had some really nice wines, nice canapés and great service. The wall behind the lounge can be opened up if it ever needs to expand.

32_image.jpeg34_image.jpeg33_image.jpeg

Dining

Food was amazing. They have a great selection in the restaurant, and prices are not too crazy. Most meals have a small and large size available  

27_image.jpeg28_image.jpeg

The hotel is a few minutes from the Sydney Domestic airport. There is a cost to the shuttle but I'm not sure what it is.

Gym

The gym is ok for a hotel gym.

30_image.jpeg

Overall

This would have to be the nicest hotel at Sydney airport. I absolutely loved it, and will definitely be back. If you didn't need to be in the city, it would also be an amazing hotel to stay at - it's not just an airport hotel.

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Sydney Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:37 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Thanks PabloM! This is really neat! Could almost be a Pullman in Asia!

The Pullman range of hotels are starting to implement the idea of unique Art pieces in more and more hotels. Similar to the Pullman in Saigon I see they have also gone for the open concept bathtub - interesting.

Thanks for the review!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:20 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Thanks PabloM! This is really neat! Could almost be a Pullman in Asia!

The Pullman range of hotels are starting to implement the idea of unique Art pieces in more and more hotels. Similar to the Pullman in Saigon I see they have also gone for the open concept bathtub - interesting.

Thanks for the review!
Exactly my thought - it feels like an Asian Pullman. I really loved it.

The open bathroom is great if it's just you and your partner but if I was sharing with a mate or something there's not much privacy.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:45 am

I stayed here for 5 nights and we thoroughly enjoyed the stay. We were lucky enough to be there for the opening night party which was great fun- champagne, oyster bar, music, magician, ice sculpture, yummy gin cocktails. Staff in the executive lounge and restaurant are great. They only have continental breakfast in executive lounge and a small range of 4 canapes and beer or wine for evening drinks (not as extensive as sydney hyde park). All platinum benefits were honoured including a double upgrade, drink voucher and exec lounge access. We will be back.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:47 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Nice review, I must say that I love the design of the wardrobe.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:41 am

the open plan doesn't work for everyone.
walk in the door and no place to hide any mess.is it bedroom in the bathroom or bathroom in the bedroom?
the wardrobe - well half a one - just holds a shirt - what about a dress?
can you see the tv from the bathtub?
can you actually watch tv from the bed over the desk or do you need to move the desk lamp ?
the staff were good but the room design not functional
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:22 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by barry willis
walk in the door and no place to hide any mess.is it bedroom in the bathroom or bathroom in the bedroom?
can you actually watch tv from the bed over the desk or do you need to move the desk lamp ?
There is another cupboard that is full length,but I didn't notice if you can hang anything there (it has an ironing board in it at least plus some shelves. There are also drawers.

I didn't have a bath, so not sure about seeing the TV, but no need to move the lamp to watch the TV from the bed - it isn't in the way.

I love the room, and thought it was very functional, but I have more modern tastes, and much prefer this to say the "stuffy Sofitel Wentworth"
Old Jul 9, 2016, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by barry willis
Good points. Can watch tv from the bath but only from the least comfortable side. The desk lamp didn't interfer with tv viewing. Whilst looking into other rooms while walking down the hall i saw some rooms with a glass enclosed bathroom so I think the rooms vary and not all have the open plan bathroom design.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:58 am

Programs: All Diamond
Having seen this report looking immensely forward to the Nrl Grand Final weekend here now. Thanks Pablo !
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:54 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
I stayed two weeks ago and found the hotel simply disappointing. For a start the car parking is laughable, being located in another building with no direct access to the hotel.

Other issues:
1. Forget privacy in the bathroom/restroom area, as one door serves both but not at the same time.
2. THe "lounge" appears to be a converted function room, aka an afterthought, with poor food offerings and $5 bottles of wine, and poorly signposted.
3. The phone system does not allow room to room calling, a WIP
4. The cupboards/closet felt like museum pieces, must have been the glass, one wonders how the refrigerator will fare in summer in a glass coffin with the aircon off.

Unless you need to be near the airport, I struggle to recommend in any way.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by markis10
I stayed two weeks ago and found the hotel simply disappointing. For a start the car parking is laughable, being located in another building with no direct access to the hotel.

Other issues:
1. Forget privacy in the bathroom/restroom area, as one door serves both but not at the same time.
2. THe "lounge" appears to be a converted function room, aka an afterthought, with poor food offerings and $5 bottles of wine, and poorly signposted.
3. The phone system does not allow room to room calling, a WIP
4. The cupboards/closet felt like museum pieces, must have been the glass, one wonders how the refrigerator will fare in summer in a glass coffin with the aircon off.

Unless you need to be near the airport, I struggle to recommend in any way.
Wow you and Pablo are like chalk and cheese on your assessments !
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:22 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by markis10
I do agree that the lounge does feel like a converted function room, however there was no charge on the wine when I was there last time. Back here again tonight so will double check
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:27 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Back again tonight and this time in a double room as I have my kids with me.

Room is different, and there is more bathroom privacy. The corner room last time was definitely nicer, but this time I needed the functionality of 2 double beds.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:46 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PabloM
I do agree that the lounge does feel like a converted function room, however there was no charge on the wine when I was there last time. Back here again tonight so will double check
I think what was implied is that the wine was of cheap quality.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:55 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I think what was implied is that the wine was of cheap quality.
Sorry, didn't get that, but the wines were great the night I was there. Def not $5 bottles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.