Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Plus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Dachshund
I live in Scandinavia and have Accor Plus since a few years. The membership is processed via Accor Plus Singapore who allow members from outside APAC.
OK. It seems I am wrong, as my understanding you need to "reside" in APAC to be eligible.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:52 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I live in Scandinavia and have Accor Plus since a few years. The membership is processed via Accor Plus Singapore who allow members from outside APAC.
From my understanding, they are not supposed to - so I wouldn't advertise this too much.

The issue isn't too much about outside APAC, but the fact that different offices in APAC have different rates.

Hence they shouldn't be doing it at all.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I renewed my Accor Plus today with some doubt. Was immediately downgraded from Platinum to Gold, despite Platinum status valid for the rest of the month and I have an upcoming stay this week. Not was I hoping for, awaiting reply from Accor. Beware.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:14 pm

I renewed my Accor Plus today with some doubt. Was immediately downgraded from Platinum to Gold, despite Platinum status valid for the rest of the month and I have an upcoming stay this week. Not was I hoping for, awaiting reply from Accor. Beware.
This is not come to surprise. When you renew your Accor Plus, they will re-evaluate you status based on the following:
- 1-Jan-2017 to 31-Dec-2017
- 12 months prior

and you will get the higher of these 2.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by lingua101
This is not come to surprise. When you renew your Accor Plus, they will re-evaluate you status based on the following:
- 12 months prior

That is totally clear. But I had the naive impression that I would keep my status a long it was valid (to the end of the month) and not be downgraded the same second that I renewed.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:44 am

That is totally clear. But I had the naive impression that I would keep my status a long it was valid (to the end of the month) and not be downgraded the same second that I renewed.
OK that one I understand.

they even cut me on 31-October morning when I did not renew my membership instead of 1-Nov morning.

This is why I keep saying we are being "penalized" for being paying member.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Some good news at last with the sale for Accor plus of 50% in Asia Pac and 40% rest of the world. Only applicable 1 Jan 2019 - Feb 24 2019.

Rates are not a major improvement over the recent Asia Pacific promotion by Accor.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:42 am

Update for those interested: After some conversation I got my Platinum status extended for next year as well, since they found out that I had status at Fairmont before the merger. Well done, Accor!
tris06 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:14 am

- 12 months prior

On this part in bold, I attained gold leclub accor status in September 2018 so naturally this will continue till 31/12/2019. Does this mean that if I subscribe to Accorplus next year for example May 2019, I will get Gold Accorplus from May 2019 to April 2020?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by coolhead
On this part in bold, I attained gold leclub accor status in September 2018 so naturally this will continue till 31/12/2019. Does this mean that if I subscribe to Accorplus next year for example May 2019, I will get Gold Accorplus from May 2019 to April 2020?
your status will be good up to your next renewal if I am not wrong. So if you attained gold in Sep 2018, this should valid through your next renewal not 31-Dec-2019.

if you get gold in Sep 2018 as normal member, and you join A+ in May2019, I don’t think you will be retaining the status automatically. But they will evaluate you on those both period. As you get gold in Sep-2018, so for 1-Jan to 31 Dec period you will definitely still qualify as Gold. You may get better status if you have more between May 2017 to April 2018.

so you will definitely get Gold but this is not automatic.

i personally think this is very confusing and it does not show in the dashboard.
coolhead likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:59 am

your status will be good up to your next renewal if I am not wrong. So if you attained gold in Sep 2018, this should valid through your next renewal not 31-Dec-2019.

if you get gold in Sep 2018 as normal member, and you join A+ in May2019, I don’t think you will be retaining the status automatically. But they will evaluate you on those both period. As you get gold in Sep-2018, so for 1-Jan to 31 Dec period you will definitely still qualify as Gold. You may get better status if you have more between May 2017 to April 2018.

so you will definitely get Gold but this is not automatic.

i personally think this is very confusing and it does not show in the dashboard.
I was really surprised by the prompt response of Accorplus this morning.
My email to Accorplus:
Message: I attained Gold status in Sep 2018 and I understand this will be valid till Dec 2019. I will like to ask if I join Accorplus in Feb 2019, will the Gold status be retained till Dec 2019 or Feb 2020?
Thanks.

From [email protected]:
Hi Mr. Chan,

Good Day from Accorplus.

Based on your earned 31 Status Nights for this calendar year (2018), you will maintain Gold for one year till Feb 2020 if you join Accorplus in Feb 2019.

Regards,

Member Services

Accor Plus Singapore
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:02 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
I find Accor Plus member services to be quite responsive to emails. Le Club support on the other hand...
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:24 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I find Accor Plus member services to be quite responsive to emails. Le Club support on the other hand...
They have gotten better and it seems they have pushed more responsibilities to the individual offices.

I my case they seem to now communicate with one particular member at AH CS as that person occasionally also follows up with me.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
They have gotten better and it seems they have pushed more responsibilities to the individual offices.

I my case they seem to now communicate with one particular member at AH CS as that person occasionally also follows up with me.

I am very happy to hear this !

I have been waiting two months for a reply to one particular issue regarding Places. They replied immediately to my first email requesting more information so I sent several screenshots but have heard nothing back.

I have been thinking about following up but have been too lazy, and also because I keep hoping that the issue will automatically resolve itself as I do more Validated checkins.

This post inspires me to try again, and I have also been thinking of working through Amy which I have not done before.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by coolhead
I was really surprised by the prompt response of Accorplus this morning.
My email to Accorplus:
Message: I attained Gold status in Sep 2018 and I understand this will be valid till Dec 2019. I will like to ask if I join Accorplus in Feb 2019, will the Gold status be retained till Dec 2019 or Feb 2020?
Thanks.

From [email protected]:
Hi Mr. Chan,

Good Day from Accorplus.

Based on your earned 31 Status Nights for this calendar year (2018), you will maintain Gold for one year till Feb 2020 if you join Accorplus in Feb 2019.

Regards,

Member Services

Accor Plus Singapore
I just want to reiterate. What A+ CS did not tell you. The gold status is not automatic. They will recalculate when you join and this will be valid for 12 months. I do not know if there is any scenario that you will not get at least the same status you are holding. In my opinion, you should not, but again I have not exhausted the all scenarios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.