Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Plus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:49 pm

Mine dropped to Silver... Is there a soft landing for accor members? From platinum to silver...
Old Apr 1, 2018, 6:11 am

Does anyone have any experience with how long the grace period is to get the renewal rate, once your subscription has expired?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by tboons
Mine dropped to Silver... Is there a soft landing for accor members? From platinum to silver...
not soft landing. All Accor Plus are Silver by default
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by yauee
not soft landing. All Accor Plus are Silver by default
I have feedback to them long time ago that they should incentives people for being "long time" in Accor Plus. Maybe for those has been A+ member for at least 10 years continuously, Gold should be the default.

But they never listen
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lingua101
I have feedback to them long time ago that they should incentives people for being "long time" in Accor Plus. Maybe for those has been A+ member for at least 10 years continuously, Gold should be the default.

But they never listen
why so? The cost of the membership covers only for the year.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cowism
Indeed.
Any soft landing should be offered by LCAH instead of A+
​​​​​​
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:27 am

But I was a platinum member in accor plus. Don't I get soft landing to gold for LCAH?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by tboons
But I was a platinum member in accor plus. Don't I get soft landing to gold for LCAH?
According to accor French Logic. You don't
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by cowism
it is for loyalty dear.

if not why people should keep buying year after year. May as well buy only when you need it.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Jeff_
Indeed.
Any soft landing should be offered by LCAH instead of A+
​​​​​​
accor is not the only one that does not offer soft landing. Hilton also
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints - Gold Elite, Velocity - Platinum, Qantas - Gold
I've got three Accor Plus complimentary nights to use. The call center said I couldn't use all three of them consecutively in the same stay. Does anyone have any advice around this? Can I book three separate nights and try to use a complimentary night for each one? Then contact the hotel and see if they'll allow the bookings to be linked, so I'm not having to check out and then back in again each day? Or should I try booking a 3 night stay, with a paid night in between the two free nights?

Appreciate any advice or experience anyone has on this. Cheers.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by smeags_nz
I've got three Accor Plus complimentary nights to use. The call center said I couldn't use all three of them consecutively in the same stay. Does anyone have any advice around this? Can I book three separate nights and try to use a complimentary night for each one? Then contact the hotel and see if they'll allow the bookings to be linked, so I'm not having to check out and then back in again each day? Or should I try booking a 3 night stay, with a paid night in between the two free nights?

Appreciate any advice or experience anyone has on this. Cheers.
Technically, you cannot. The hotel has right to reject it and charge you BAR rate.

I have experience some hotel do not mind as long as you have paid night. May be do 2 booking, first booking 2 nights, 1 night comp and another night paid. Then another booking 3rd night free.

Where are you intended to use this? If there are many hotels, why don't you do, 1st night hotel A, 2nd night hotel B, then 3rd night hotel A again. Then you have have all 3 nights for free.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints - Gold Elite, Velocity - Platinum, Qantas - Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
Technically, you cannot. The hotel has right to reject it and charge you BAR rate.

I have experience some hotel do not mind as long as you have paid night. May be do 2 booking, first booking 2 nights, 1 night comp and another night paid. Then another booking 3rd night free.

Where are you intended to use this? If there are many hotels, why don't you do, 1st night hotel A, 2nd night hotel B, then 3rd night hotel A again. Then you have have all 3 nights for free.
Thanks Lingua101, appreciate your advice. It will be Sydney that I look to use these vouchers. I think doing two separate bookings as you suggested is the way to go. While I love hotels and would be happy to stay in three different ones, my Wife will be traveling with me and she won't want a bar of that.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by smeags_nz
Thanks Lingua101, appreciate your advice. It will be Sydney that I look to use these vouchers. I think doing two separate bookings as you suggested is the way to go. While I love hotels and would be happy to stay in three different ones, my Wife will be traveling with me and she won't want a bar of that.
would suggest first night complementary, second night paid, third night complementary, Bad experience with lingua101 methods
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:08 am

would suggest first night complementary, second night paid, third night complementary,
Technically this is still 1 stay. So the hotel can reject this.

Bad experience with lingua101 methods
Which method?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.