Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by generikz
It was a bit complicated for me moving from LCAH Shareholder's Platinum to Accor Plus Platinum.

First, you need to create a new account indeed (different email address) for the Plus one,.
Second, you need to contact (by yourself, they are different Accor divisions) the Shareholding team to ask to NOT be a shareholder anymore.
Third, you can then ask your current normal member status+points to be transferred to your new Accor Plus card number.

Conclusion: you cannot be LCAH shareholder and Accor Plus at the same time.

I kept re-qualifying Platinum on a calendar year (January-December) instead of the my Accor Plus cycle (April-March) because I'm 100% sure getting out sync with Plus with a source of trouble in the future.

Julien
I am not sure why you both had to create an other account. Have you been asked to do so?
I have been Sh since 2015 then qualified Plat for 2016. In May 2016 I subscribed to A+ with the same email (the A+ staff even ask for my current LCAH account) and then became A+ Plat with no issues (at least for now).
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
My plus membership is up for renewal soon. annual rate $320aud?

Do any members have suggestions/promotions for reduced renewal rate?

thanking you in advance.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by Jeff_
I am not sure why you both had to create an other account. Have you been asked to do so?
I have been Sh since 2015 then qualified Plat for 2016. In May 2016 I subscribed to A+ with the same email (the A+ staff even ask for my current LCAH account) and then became A+ Plat with no issues (at least for now).
Jeff_, may i know where are you from? My guess is that such complications could be region specific. I am from Singapore and the Accor plus team seems to be pretty hopeless.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
It was a bit complicated for me moving from LCAH Shareholder's Platinum to Accor Plus Platinum.

First, you need to create a new account indeed (different email address) for the Plus one,.
Second, you need to contact (by yourself, they are different Accor divisions) the Shareholding team to ask to NOT be a shareholder anymore.
Third, you can then ask your current normal member status+points to be transferred to your new Accor Plus card number.

I kept re-qualifying Platinum on a calendar year (January-December) instead of the my Accor Plus cycle (April-March) because I'm 100% sure getting out sync with Plus with a source of trouble in the future.

Julien
Hi Julien, thanks for your reply. I feel your plight as I am facing the same issues. I cannot understand why we are "punished" for being a shareholder and Accor plus. I get your point that they are different divisions but I do not understand why internally they cannot make life easier for us.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:48 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ozmouse
My plus membership is up for renewal soon. annual rate $320aud?

Do any members have suggestions/promotions for reduced renewal rate?

thanking you in advance.
I foresee the rates to go up. With the A+ benefits soon to be accepted at Fairmont, Swissotel etc (incl the free night use) it can only mean UP.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I foresee the rates to go up. With the A+ benefits soon to be accepted at Fairmont, Swissotel etc (incl the free night use) it can only mean UP.
Just renew my membership in Indonesia, being told for new member the rates increase to IDR 3.2 million. for old member still the same IDR 2.5 million.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA

Julien
HI Julien,

i am shareholder + accorplus member for years without issue, and i also had trouble for renewal this year due to the shareholder status. , so my account dropped to become normal LCAH, then after a few days of "fighting" i successfully renewed a+, my account remained the same without the need to create separate account.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by theaugbunnies
Jeff_, may i know where are you from? My guess is that such complications could be region specific. I am from Singapore and the Accor plus team seems to be pretty hopeless.
I had to change my French address in order to receive the card. My A+ rep was based in Australia for what it is worth.
Let's hope Accor will get rid of all of these complications.

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 23, 2018 at 12:38 pm
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Not going to renew my A+
Never really receive the full benefit of A+ for the current year

Hopefully the transition to normal gold LCAH membership can go smoothly.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
So I had an interesting conversation a few weeks ago with an Accor sales agent, and it wasn't my agent that I signed up with years ago.
This agent tried very hard to get me to switch back to A+ & it was obviously a cold call (sorta) because she didn't have any of my account info.
When I asked her if she looked at how many nights I stayed at Accor hotels in 2017, she said she didn't know & it was her manager who asked her to call me.
I am like ... WTH
A+ didn't work for me because I do not use the "dining benefits" which they kept selling to me & I did not like the high membership fees - OK so I could redeem 2 nights at the Sofitel, maybe.
I completed almost 100 nights last year so really, A+ at a cost of $360 ++ is of little to no value to me.
However she said something before we ended our conversation & that was if I were to renew this year end, I would get to retain my Plat status for 2019 even if I do not meet the Plat requirements this year (which I may not as I've started to stay at the Hilton more often lately)
Not sure if she got her facts right but if that was correct, I might do it.
Has anyone heard of this new rule or enhancement?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by kaffir76
So I had an interesting conversation a few weeks ago with an Accor sales agent, and it wasn't my agent that I signed up with years ago.
This agent tried very hard to get me to switch back to A+ & it was obviously a cold call (sorta) because she didn't have any of my account info.
When I asked her if she looked at how many nights I stayed at Accor hotels in 2017, she said she didn't know & it was her manager who asked her to call me.
I am like ... WTH
A+ didn't work for me because I do not use the "dining benefits" which they kept selling to me & I did not like the high membership fees - OK so I could redeem 2 nights at the Sofitel, maybe.
I completed almost 100 nights last year so really, A+ at a cost of $360 ++ is of little to no value to me.
However she said something before we ended our conversation & that was if I were to renew this year end, I would get to retain my Plat status for 2019 even if I do not meet the Plat requirements this year (which I may not as I've started to stay at the Hilton more often lately)
Get it in writing with a commitment to refund your membership fee if it doesn't happen
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:48 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
The 10% off and red hot rooms would surely be of benefit ?... unless it’s on someone’s expense account.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:54 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I am like ... WTH
A+ agents don't have access to our details. Even the managers need to do a request from LCAH from what I understand. That's why I find contacting them as "our" customer service just stupid.

I agree to get it in writing with guarantee of refund.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
I am like ... WTH
yes, this was announced july 2017, upon membership renewal, system will assess the status tier based on either previous calendar year or current calendar year to date of your renewal. So if you 2017 qualified for platinum, at any point of time you join or renew your a+, then you will carry the status up to the next renewal of your membership.

so if you want to maximize it, better renew the membership at december 2018, so your platinum status will carry till dec 2019

https://www.accorplus.com/leclub
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:22 pm

Current renewal price is 408 for two nights. Price is expected to go when the merger kicks in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.