Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Le Club Accorhotels is changing from 2017.

What we know so far:

Membership year:
- the membership year will change to calendar year, i.e. 1 January - 31 December
- any status achieved in 2016 will be carried forward until 31 December 2017

- there will be a distinction between reward points and the new status points
- status points can only be earned through hotel stays and related expenditure
- status points are not subject to the accelerator and will be earned at a rate of 25 points/ 10 Euro in most cases (12.5 in case of ibis and ibis styles, 10 Adagio and 5 at Adagio Access)
- Points remain valid for life, if an eligible stay is realized in the past 12 months (rolling year)

Status thresholds:
- to account for the lower earning rates of status points threshold for status have been lowered: 2,000 for silver, 7,000 for gold and 14,000 for platinum
- night requirements remain unchanged
- status is dependent on status points or nights, not both

Perks:
- no change

Redemptions:
- no change

The official website: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/new-rules-status.shtml Accorhotels have announced that an official communication to all members will issue around 7 April.

Issues still to be resolved:
- Accor Plus membership
Print Wikipost

New programme details from 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: NZ Koru, Accor Platinum
Showing points balance in the app as "Rewards PTS". When i tapped on this to elaborate, it has prompted me to update the app. Interesting enough, the iOS app store is showing the latest version of the app as a 15/12/16 version.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:21 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by lkrt
My counter shows 14,707 status points for last year, however I'm still Gold. I've asked LCAH to sort this out, but I really don't know if I should be entitled for Plat or not.
The new threshold only started on 1 January.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:18 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
And here just to show an English version
Statut has been updated to the English spelling.

THANK YOU for finally displaying the requirement to maintain Plat!

(My expiry shows 30/6 as I am a Accor+ member).

Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:41 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
LOL, my status progress shows 34707 status points.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:06 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by nrouxel
Here it is !

well done nrouxel

mine is similar. Do you have Accor Plus membership (as I do)? I'm wondering if this is what it's reflecting.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:49 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PabloM
well done nrouxel

mine is similar. Do you have Accor Plus membership (as I do)? I'm wondering if this is what it's reflecting.
I think its more of a case of the system not having fully gone through the update. I would assume that every single member would have 0 at the start of this year.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I think its more of a case of the system not having fully gone through the update. I would assume that every single member would have 0 at the start of this year.
I disagree, any system would do that to millions of records in under an hour. I suspect it's Accor Plus once again screwing up the loyalty program, as a data point I am a member and as posted above, don't have zeros.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:00 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by markis10
I disagree, any system would do that to millions of records in under an hour. I suspect it's Accor Plus once again screwing up the loyalty program, as a data point I am a member and as posted above, don't have zeros.
But I do.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by markis10
I am not Accor Plus, and my account shows the status fully maintained as well.

Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
I am not Accor Plus, and my account shows the status fully maintained as well.

Interesting, no doubt in the fullness of time we will know if Accor are using a Commodore 64 to run their loyalty program. Looking at points history shows some interesting things, such as two lots of sub totals for 2015 and 2016, maybe it's a Vic20 they are using 🤘😜
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I think it's because Accor Plus members will maintain the same status in 2017 and requalify for that status in 2018, therefore, the easiest way for the system to reflect this is to just include the number of points accrued in the last 12 months under the old system as the new status points. This is probably the least complicated way to do it. Have any NON Accor Plus members experienced this or have their accounts been reset to zero status points?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I think it's because Accor Plus members will maintain the same status in 2017 and requalify for that status in 2018, therefore, the easiest way for the system to reflect this is to just include the number of points accrued in the last 12 months under the old system as the new status points. This is probably the least complicated way to do it. Have any NON Accor Plus members experienced this or have their accounts been reset to zero status points?
As I said, I am not an Accor Plus member.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:09 am

'Raaa raaa raa raa!'

Things have already been resolved in my favour. Appreciate Accor Plus' fast response

Last edited by namdas; Jan 5, 2017 at 3:32 am Reason: was too grumpy this morning
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
My account hasn't zero'd out yet from last year. I have a stay coming up this weekend so we'll see what happens after it posts.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: M&M, LACH
Hi guys!
New at the forum and as first post I'm looking for some quick help about the new LACH scheme.

I'm 2800- status points away from Platinum and I don't expect any stay in January, so do you know if they'll erase all points before "last round year"? they will only count Feb 16 to Feb 17 and so on? because otherwise the points needed for platinum in march 17 will be higher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.