Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Pullman Liverpool: The UK's second Pullman is really quite excellent

Old Mar 26, 2016, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Pullman Liverpool

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Pullman Liverpool

Kings Dock Liverpool, GB L3 4FP

The UK's second Pullman is really quite excellent (0 Photo)

Pullman Liverpool

I stayed in the new Pullman Liverpool last weekend, it was one of the cheapest hotels in the city, 20% cheaper than the Ibis, and with 4x Le Club points as a new opening, I thoroughly recommend it.

Check In

Bellman welcomed me and opened the door. There's no checkin desk per se, the staff hang around tables near the entrance with tablets to check you in with. As an apps developer myself, I was amused to see the Windows tablets running a desktop web interface, meaning the staff struggled a bit with navigating the checkin process. But not to worry, it was fine. Very friendly and helpful, the assistant was a bit concerned that my room had been changed in the system from the already-cut key and that my Le Club silver free drinks voucher would not be waiting for me in the room, so she called ten minutes later to check (it was).

Room

I was in the top (8th) floor in a north facing room, with a great view up to the Liver Building and across the Mersey. I recommend such a north facing room on a high floor. It was a twin room, the beds are quite small and separated by just 15 centimetres, but they were astonishingly comfortable. Lots of space in the room, seating along the length of the window side of the room, a bit like a giant chaise lounge. You could work on the table at one end of this.

Enormous TV, probably 55 inches - and I liked the fact that when you switched it on, it started the TV, instead of some stupid menu trying to sell you stuff. In idle mode it welcomed me by name.

Wi-fi very good, could stream and download video. USB chargers in the plugs were useful.

In-room fridge, no minibar as advertised in the room description, but it contained four free glass bottled mineral waters - two still, two sparkling.

In-room tea and coffee was a bit basic - I've had better in a Novotel.

Bathroom

Decent size, no bath but a huge shower in a wet room style. And the shower was exceptional - probably the best I've had in a hotel. Overhead and/or side-on options. Huge towels. Great Bigelow toiletries and a full range of amenities.

Service

Consistently excellent. Attentive, genuinely friendly, efficient.

Dining

We only did breakfast - but what a breakfast spread! Best I've ever seen in a hotel. Fruit juice selections were outstanding - including beetroot and carrot for example. Particularly enamoured with offering both Marmite and Nutella portions.

Location south of Albert Docks could be better - it's a 10 minute walk to the Liverpool One shopping and entertainment complex, and 15 to 20 minute walk to most central parts of the city - but taxis are cheap and plentiful all night.

Overall

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. My other Pullman experiences are Cologne and SaoPaulo Ibirapuera - and this one wipes the floor with them.

The UK's second Pullman is really quite excellent

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Liverpool?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 27, 2016, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Sounds good. From your description it also sounds like the Pullman Brussels-Midi. I'm not a fan of that check in table. No privacy at all everyone can hear and see other peoples check in details.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
odd request, but are the lifts keycarded?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by sarahluv
odd request, but are the lifts keycarded?
The lifts are keycarded.

Stayed here over the weekend myself and agree with most of what OP's post, however my experience of the tablet check-in was terrible, the staff really do seem to struggle but this is by no means a problem unique to this hotel.

Will try and add some more detailed comments later.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Amex pp
Originally Posted by vtecmini
The lifts are keycarded.

Stayed here over the weekend myself and agree with most of what OP's post, however my experience of the tablet check-in was terrible, the staff really do seem to struggle but this is by no means a problem unique to this hotel.

Will try and add some more detailed comments later.
Stayed this weekend as well, checked in late on Friday and still took time to check in. Wife is Platinum so asked if lounge available, appears they only put food etc when people stay on the 2nd floor but gave us access for wine/beer etc.
Were upgraded to deluxe room with nespresso machine and when we arrived voucher waiting for drinks in bar which included cocktails. Took advantage of this and was very happy with them.
Was told at check in breakfast would be available in the lounge but when we went down nothing available (Could have had so more wine as fridge open ). Went down to main restaurant and were given breakfast for free.
Agree with main review in that it is an excellent hotel however still a few teething issues - has only been open for a few weeks.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:48 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
A pleasant stay

Pullman Liverpool

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Pullman Liverpool

Kings Dock Liverpool, GB L3 4FP

A pleasant stay (0 Photo)

Pullman Liverpool

I had two nights here with my 1 year old a couple of weeks ago and would definitely recommend it

Started off well when checking in to be informed that as i'm platinum i had a room on their executive floor, i'd booked a superior room so a double upgrade was a nice touch

Lovely room, a note in the minibar telling me the entire contents were free including the alcohol

I had a look in the lounge around cocktail hour time, there was some food available and also drinks but despite it being a large lounge it had a very clinical feel to it, noone else was there including staff, made me long for the lounges in the Novotel's in Hong Kong, the food was good however!

We had breakfast included in the rate which was excellent, I had a high chair for my little boy anyway but was impressed that they offered them, first Accor hotel i've stayed in this year that has had them

When I claimed my drink at the bar I originally chose pineapple juice, had some and then finding it tasted odd i asked the barman, they tested it, found it fine, explained that its made fresh but if I wanted something else they were happy to change it, the fresh apple juice was really good

No personal anemities in the room, but was given sweets at reception and then a lovely surprise at check out in the form of a teddy bear as my 'welcome' gift, lovely touch, smart pullman ribbon and all

Definitely recommend the hotel, its in a pleasant location and was a decent price, on most occasions i've looked at hotels in Liverpool its been the more reasonable price even over the Ibis :-)

A pleasant stay

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Liverpool?

No, thank you.
Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.