Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London - which property?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by desafinado74
Thanks Typical for the helpful reply. Southwark is seriously on my radar now.
I just stayed at the Ibis Styles Southwark (the Novotel London City South is right next to it). Area is absolutely safe. London Bridge tube is 5 minutes away with Jubilee Line and Northern Line. Boroughmarket the same distance.
desafinado74 likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
As somebody who has been to London many times, is comfortable with the Tube and the bus, and is spending more time west than east, I'm a big fan of the Novotel London West at Hammersmith.

- Short walk from the tube, two blocks, and there's a shortcut on Butterwick if you're walking
- Perfectly acceptable rooms even with no status. I've stayed in a double and a twin-twin, both were fine.
- 35 minutes from LHR 123 Tube, multiple Tube lines, multiple useful buses (Waterloo, Oxford St., Kensington)
- Lots of convenience services, various quick-service restaurants, and a couple of pubs at either the Tube station and across the street
- Fitness center seems pleasant enough, although I get my exercise in London from walking
- Prices are reasonable, especially considering room size

I haven't tried the in-hotel food, however.
Agree with all what you say, I’ve used the gym, v good and the food (breakfast) and bar snacks spot on. Always get upgraded without asking there.

Also used many alternates. I found the Novotel Waterloo very good in soft/hard product. It’s actually opp Lambeth Palace right on the river Thames affording great views across to Westminster, cross the bridge and your in Westminster, also 10mins easy walk to the Imperial War Museum (IWM) - breakfast and bar snacks good.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Virgin Velocity, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingfkb
I just stayed at the Ibis Styles Southwark (the Novotel London City South is right next to it). Area is absolutely safe. London Bridge tube is 5 minutes away with Jubilee Line and Northern Line. Boroughmarket the same distance.
Thanks for the reply ! Great to know that Southwark is safe
I have booked into Novotel Blackfriars. Looking forward to my stay there
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Great property
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
I love this hotel. It is a really good location. It's my second favourite Novotel in London after Canary Wharf and beats Canary Wharf and (my third favourite Accor property) the Pullman for location in terms of access to central London - all of which is walk-able.

As a little tip, if you enjoy exploring cities on foot rather than the tube, I love walking from the Novotel down nearby Roupell Street - a classic pretty Victorian residential terrace street - something that defines London but the average tourist won't ever see. It's also a handy shortcut to Waterloo and from there it's a short walk to Southbank or across Waterloo bridge to the West End. Or walk round Southbank, past the Eye and across Westminster Bridge for Big Ben and Whitehall. Yep - I love the location of this hotel! Enjoy your stay.
IMH and cowism like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.