Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Review Sofitel Barcelona Skipper (ex Pullman)

Review Sofitel Barcelona Skipper (ex Pullman)

Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: SK Gold
Thank you @Goldorak for the in-depth reviews. I am currently staying at this hotel and enjoying it very much. The pool on the roof top is heated during the winter, so much that it's steaming during the morning hours making it a very pleasant experience. As Accor Platinum I received an upgrade to a beautiful deluxe room, which at some hotels I have stayed at would go for a junior suite. The breakfast buffet has a huge variety of choices and is far above average for a hotel buffet. All in all a very enjoyable stay.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Travel4Love
Thank you @Goldorak for the in-depth reviews. I am currently staying at this hotel and enjoying it very much. The pool on the roof top is heated during the winter, so much that it's steaming during the morning hours making it a very pleasant experience. As Accor Platinum I received an upgrade to a beautiful deluxe room, which at some hotels I have stayed at would go for a junior suite. The breakfast buffet has a huge variety of choices and is far above average for a hotel buffet. All in all a very enjoyable stay.
I am glad youre having a good time. Yes, this is an enjoyable hotel, but I have to say I am encountering issues at almost every stay. But not to the point to decide to not return as I really like this hotel.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:13 am

Has anyone stayed here in recent month - I understood there was a refurbishment of ground floor and pool areas? I am going in July and wonder if it was finished and if anyone has news to report on this? @Goldorak have you been recently?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:05 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by craigc
Has anyone stayed here in recent month - I understood there was a refurbishment of ground floor and pool areas? I am going in July and wonder if it was finished and if anyone has news to report on this? @Goldorak have you been recently?
we stayed early May (5-7), renovations were meant to be done by then but had overrun...the reception area was still being worked on at that time. I asked and was told it was meant to be done by 13th May as reception needed to move from basement up at that time and staff had no choice (for whatever reason) so hopefully all done by now...have you checked the hotel website or TA reviews to get the latest? They didnt work on weekends but did on the Monday and wow, that was loud and intrusive but we were out during working hours wouldnt have been able to stay in room, let alone sleep with jack hammering on weekday.

that said, it is a brilliant hotel and the staff were excellent to us. We celebrated our 25th anniversary here then (genuinely!) and had booked the best hotel room category. They gave us a lovely gift and were very helpful. Will see about posting some pics later on. Hope that helps. ^
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:11 am

Thanks - I actually emailed them earlier as needed to add a day to my trip and ended up calling to give credit card details and had a chat with the Reservation Manager who was great.
The renovations were due to be fully completed in the next week (bit less) - I arrive quite early but she said she do her best to get me early check-in - although I be quite happy to go relax by the upstairs bar and do some work.
I got a great feeling from the call - hope the stay is as good.
BotB likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by craigc
@Goldorak have you been recently?
Not since last summer. But I saw that you got some fresh info
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:13 pm

Yeah - I will report back after my stay (in about 5/6 weeks)
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:45 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Quick review: had booked junior suite with balcony which faces the inner courtyard and pool area. Lovely room, same as great pictures Goldorak has published in his first review with the exception that there was a balcony and that it faced the inner courtyard and was quiet. The bright red lounge chair is also not in this room as there is a second sofa like the one in his review so more seating potential I guess, if not as chic!

The service from the staff was brilliant and nothing was too much trouble for them, it was great and the way one wishes service was everywhere. I have no issues at all with the staff.

Breakfast was very good as well for choice and quality in our opinion, we enjoyed it each day very much. They bring you proper cappuccino or other special milk coffees upon request which tasted very good.

The hotel provided a lovely wedding anniversary gift to us in the room (a bottle of champagne and some local chocolates) which was very much appreciated and enjoyed!

The location was fine for us as first time visitors with the beach nearest and a decent bus network using the Hola Barcelona card for the weekend which saved a packet of money on taxi's and was efficient and pleasant. We'd stay here again if we come back.

Pictures: only three as Goldorak has published a great trove with the same features!

The floor plan in case it is of use, a picture of the balcony and the lovely gift the hotel provided for our anniversary!

Safe travels, hope this is of use and interest.

gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Thanks BotB
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:04 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I was told the other day when visiting one of the Accor properties that Pullman Barcelona Skipper will be rebranded to Sofitel later this year after the current renovation has been completed. I hope this really is true.
starflyergold and Goldorak like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I was told the other day when visiting one of the Accor properties that Pullman Barcelona Skipper will be rebranded to Sofitel later this year after the current renovation has been completed. I hope this really is true.
well deserved. I always thought this hotel had the potential to become a Sofitel. ^
Price-wise, it was already a Sofitel
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:03 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Price-wise, it was already a Sofitel
Soon it will have prices of a Sofitel Legend
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Pullman Barcelona Skipper

I just stayed another time in Pullman Barcelona Skipper and this was a very good stay. I forgot that it has been reported in this thread that the main lobby was being renovated, so I was surprised when I arrived.

What they did is really superb IMO.

Also they have completely remodeled the bar which now includes a new restaurant where the food is incredible. Live music at the bar. See pictures below.

Some of the tapas they serve are the best. Among others, there is a Croque Monsieur with burrata cheese, truffle and serano ham...OMG...a true killing. I had dinner twice there with friends because the food was so good. The main courses are also excellent.

The breakfast room had also all furnitures changed.

Every single staff member was just great, polite, smiling, helpful. A true pleasure.

Regarding the room, I have nothing special to report that was not already covered by previous reviews. Renovation of the rooms is planned, but they are still in good conditions. Loyalty handling was OK (drink voucher, upgrade, late checkout at 4pm). Only missing was the welcome gift.

The only criticism I could formulate during this stay is about the late checkout. The front desk staff did not have the authority to accept it they had to ask the manager on duty. She was busy when I asked for it and so they promised me to call me to let me know (but they said upfront that it should be OK). They indeed called me to confirm everything was OK. This s a bit ridiculous IMO, front desk staff should be empowered for that kind of things without need for escalation to management. But, this is no big deal of course and, again, this was a great stay.

I can only recommend anyone reading this forum to stay in this hotel if you want Accor in BCN.

wkndtraveler reported in a previous post that this hotel will be likely rebranded as a Sofitel. I dont have any update on this (I asked but they said they dont know if it will happen, although it is clearly on the radar). Personally, I would not be surprised. The new lobby and bar/restaurants are fully in line with Sofitel standards.

Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Pullman Barcelona Skipper will re-open as Sofitel Skipper in spring 2022

https://all.accor.com/hotel/7341/index.fr.shtml
starflyergold likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by nrouxel
Pullman Barcelona Skipper will re-open as Sofitel Skipper in spring 2022

https://all.accor.com/hotel/7341/index.fr.shtml
Just passed by it. Sofitel signs are on the front walls; but it seems very far from reopening. This is the entrance (sorry for the super bad quality of the picture)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.