Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Ibis Ho Chi Minh Airport (Saigon), Vietnam

Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:24 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

How is the Ibis at the Saigon Airport? We've been to Ho Chi Minh several times. This time, we're in transit with a 6am onward flight. The thought of staying 5 minutes from the airport is appealing.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
How is the Ibis at the Saigon Airport? We've been to Ho Chi Minh several times. This time, we're in transit with a 6am onward flight. The thought of staying 5 minutes from the airport is appealing.
I was there a couple of times when I arrived very late or depart early. They have a basic hardware and stylish rooms. A Starbucks is inside the hotel and complimentary shuttle with pickup at the terminal. At prices between 40-60 USD I can recommend it.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: Accor
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I stayed here for 1 night due to my flight arriving very late, around 2AM from memory.
I was an Accor Gold member at the time and was upgraded to the suite, I was also provided with welcome drink vouchers to use at the bar.
The suite was very large and clean with its own kitchen, nice showers, overall very modern rooms. There is also a rooftop pool and bar that overlooks the airport runway, free shuttle service to the airport as well. I did not make use of the pool though as it seemed a little over chlorinated, my eyes started to water from standing in it ankle deep
I did not opt for the breakfast nor did it look very appealing but there were alot of restaurants nearby if you want to grab something to eat.
Seriously not bad for an ibis imo.

Last edited by C1ndy; Jan 29, 2019 at 7:04 am
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Thank you, C1ndy and welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: Accor
Thankyou
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:24 am
Original Poster

I appreciate those of you who encouraged me to stay here. We were very content with the decision. We were confused on arrival as to how to get to the hotel. We called and a van was shortly in front of us. There is a scheduled service to return to the airport, every 20 minutes from early in the morning.

The hotel is very cheery and really understands that folks will be coming and going at all hours. There were varied food offerings and promos. My husband went to their restaurant to order food which they them delivered to the room. Staff also cheerily delivered ice cubes and additional pillows.

I booked a king bed studio which was actually a comfortable one bedroom suite for slightly less than $100/night. It had a mini kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave and cooktop. We didn't use any of that but appreciated the island with seating, perfect for sitting at a laptop.

I've been to Ho Chi Minh several times. I was very happy to avoid going into the city on this trip and to be within 5 minutes of the airport on departure.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Stayed here earlier this week in transit to Phu Quoc. Normally we spend a few days in Saigon at the Park
Hyatt but had just been there last month so opted to stay at the airport for an early flight out. I would second SanDiego1ks review above, same room and all for us (we had one for us and one for our kids).

Breakfast had good Vietnamese options, including good Pho. Loved drinks on the rooftop deck too.

A bit long on the wait for the shuttle to get to the hotel, Id recommend a cab instead, so short it wont break the bank.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:37 am

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
I am currently staying here right now, and although the property itself is quite nice, I have had some major issues. I originally booked a two-bedroom suite for three people (my parents and I) back in August, with breakfast included for about $102 a night. In the weeks leading up to the stay, everything was fine. On the way to Vietnam, I decided to check my reservation details to make sure that everything was okay.

To my surprise, it was not. I noticed that we had been moved to a studio and a one-bedroom suite. But the worst part is that they also changed our rate to $375 for two nights. Our original rate was ~$202 for two nights. There was proof it was changed by them as the Accor app stated, "This reservation was changed on 06/07/2023 by: hotel". Immediately after this, I DMed Accor on Twitter and also sent the hotel an email. Accor basically said we contacted the hotel, and they will get back to you as soon as possible.

I checked the reservation right before my flight took off in LA, so I didn't see any responses until I made it to Seoul. The hotel responded by saying that this was due to a "technical issue" and that our rate would be the same. I decided it was best not to respond to the email and wait until we check-in.

When we checked in, the front desk agent simply told us the same thing, but also that they oversold the two-bedroom suites, so this is why we have been reassigned room types. At check-in, my parents and I were very tired, and we didn't want to deal with it after traveling for 30+ hours, and the language barrier was a bit challenging. The hotel also told us that breakfast was not included, but due to this situation, he would give us 6000 VND off of breakfast, which is $0.26. We decided to decline it, and the discount offered was borderline laughable, in my opinion.

Overall, while the room situation isn't ideal since they aren't connected, what I am most annoyed about is the increase in rate. Furthermore, the hotel never told me on June 7th about the change, and I was the one who noticed it. Unfortunately, although I thought I never deleted hotel confirmation emails, somehow I deleted this one; thus, I have no proof of the rate change. That said, I am confident I wouldn't book a room in Vietnam for the new price.

I am checking out tomorrow, so I am wondering what the best way to handle this situation is. I could email the GM, but I think getting Accor corporate involved might be a good path, as they might be able to pull up the rate change. Any ideas?
Old Jun 24, 2023, 7:24 am
Suspended

You may contact customer service saying that the hotel didnt offer the proper solution. They are supposed to see your original booking.
vegasbased likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Ti; IHG Pt, IC Amb; Accor Silver; Agoda VIP/Pt
Have no regrets choosing Ibis SGN for a transit stop between PQC and CGK, Walkable from SGN (from both domestic and international, totally unnecessary as they run a very tight, efficient shuttle, but I was simply curious) and the staff were so accommodating and can-do.
Rooftop pool is a #Avgeek's wet dream.

SanDiego1K and EcotoneHR like this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 5:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Stayed one night last week.
Good solid hotel for the money.
Breakfast is patchy, but if included in rate a good deal.
Hard product is looking tired, but soft was 100%.
Pool side views and dining excelent. Views that knock the LHR Hilton off its slot !
Shuttle good - as free - go to pilar 6 ( well its the only taxi stand area - there should be a sign with your name on it ) takes slightly longer by shuttle than to walk as one way system in airport road area. ( Dont walk its 34 deg )

Will post pictures when I can find them. If you need the starbucks coffee its inside the hotel. Some smal street vendors outside, and a shopping mall thing nexxt to hotel if needed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.