New hotel openings 2016

Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:34 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
The most recommendable Grand Mercure Shanghai Zhonghua is very fitting becoming a Pullman this month, which is a great boost for the brand lacking a truly central hotel in the city (both existing Pullmans are a bit remote) yet at a big loss to the Grand Mercure brand.

The property features a very nice lounge taking up the full top floor and grants Platinum users access, including free breakfasts.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:14 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JTCz
The most recommendable Grand Mercure Shanghai Zhonghua is very fitting becoming a Pullman this month, which is a great boost for the brand lacking a truly central hotel in the city (both existing Pullmans are a bit remote) yet at a big loss to the Grand Mercure brand.

The property features a very nice lounge taking up the full top floor and grants Platinum users access, including free breakfasts.
Thank you for this update!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG

Do you have photos of the new lounge? It used to be an OK lounge but very poor breakfast offering. I guess Plats get additional benefits when it's a Pullman. e.g. free laundry and mini bar?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
I enjoyed their lounge and the breakfast spread this past March and was very fond of both. For photos may I direct you to their FB page, alas there seem to be no photos of the lounge specifically up yet.

That said, it seems this is just a rebranding not a refurb, as all other photos that do not include branding seem unchanged - the hotel is still fairly new and not quite worn, so I doubt it they will revamp the lounge.

I believe the free minibar is a MGallery rather than Pullman benefit, at any rate the lounge is very well stocked with soft drinks and offers a happy hour for some so-so alcohol. As for laundry, I guess they will honour the regular Pullman benefit entitlements, as they gave me lounge access and breakfasts for two (me and my travelling companion) for a lenghty stay despite me booking the cheapest possible rate.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:35 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Sofitel Frankfurt is having their soft opening (introductory rates at ~EUR200).
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
I enjoyed their lounge and the breakfast spread this past March and was very fond of both. For photos may I direct you to their FB page, alas there seem to be no photos of the lounge specifically up yet.

That said, it seems this is just a rebranding not a refurb, as all other photos that do not include branding seem unchanged - the hotel is still fairly new and not quite worn, so I doubt it they will revamp the lounge.

I believe the free minibar is a MGallery rather than Pullman benefit, at any rate the lounge is very well stocked with soft drinks and offers a happy hour for some so-so alcohol. As for laundry, I guess they will honour the regular Pullman benefit entitlements, as they gave me lounge access and breakfasts for two (me and my travelling companion) for a lenghty stay despite me booking the cheapest possible rate.
Ah I got confused. Club rooms at Pullman get free non alcoholic drinks from the mini bar.

I believe ithe property you mentioned is known as Grand Mercure Shanghai Central now. There s no news of it rebranding to a Pullman. Grand Mercure suffers from a bit of identity crisis. It's actually positioned to be upscale/luxury properties that is unique to China. The decor reflects that.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: All Diamond
Accor has been made manager of the recently purchased ex Grand Chancellor Hotel slap bang in the middle of Surfers Paradise which will now be re branded into a Novotel ^ A very welcoming addition to the family ^^

http://www.businessnewsaus.com.au/ar...t-novotel.html
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by virtualaris
There will be much more options in Turkey with some of these openings:
Istanbul:
Pullman Istanbul Yesilkoy (Opening January 2016)
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...16/index.shtml
Novotel Istanbul Karakoy (Opening February 2016)
Mercure Istanbul Yesilkoy (Opening February 2016)

Diyarbakir:
Novotel Diyarbakir (Opening February 2016)
How do they compare ? Any clear winners ? Any with Lounge for Plats ?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
How do they compare ? Any clear winners ? Any with Lounge for Plats ?
Pullman and Mercure Yesilkoy are very much airport hotels. Convenient for layovers but far from anything exciting. From Pullman rooms description it should have an executive lounge. I think Mercure is much newer? I didn't even notice it when I was in Istanbul in May (map indicates it is next to Pullman).

I love the Novotel. Staff are mostly indifferent but the location and hard products are all great. Gold and platinum should get upgraded to a suite (next category up from basic room). Welcome gifts were plentiful. There was no lounge when I stayed in May but on my floor just by the elevator there was a door marked "Executive Lounge" - it would seem they're working on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.