Search

Le Club Accor Places not working

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

Hi,

Is the Places native app working for anyone? I have an iPhone 6s with iOS 9.2.1 and I can't go past the Facebook login on the home screen.

Some reviews report the same issue on the App Store. I've reported it to Accor twice, but I do wonder whether they'll actually bother fixing it.

For my last stay, I add to ask the Social Media team to add the stay manually.

Does it work for you?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
In my experience on laptop, Places takes a really long time to load. The first few times I tried I did think it's not working.

Just be ultra patient. Sometimes I find that reloading a couple times might help.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:10 am
Original Poster

I'm talking about the iOS app. When I click on the login button simply nothing happens, regardless of how long I wait for.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:43 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Yes I realize that. Sorry for not being clear. I was implying that it might be the same case on laptop Windows and on iOS.

I did try on iOS too, same, painfully slow to load.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:46 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

No issues for me on Android.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:13 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello ringingup,

I have tried the app myself and don't seem to have any issues. The team has been informed, they are checking with IT to make sure everything is working smoothly. May I suggest deleting and re-downloading the application? That may help to restore the login button.

Best,

Amy
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Hello ringingup,

I have tried the app myself and don't seem to have any issues. The team has been informed, they are checking with IT to make sure everything is working smoothly. May I suggest deleting and re-downloading the application? That may help to restore the login button.

Best,

Amy
Hi Amy,

I have done what you described already. As I mentioned in my first post, if you check the reviews on the App Store, several people are reporting the same issue.

I'm not sure what device you tried the app on, and what version of iOS you're running, but the fact that it works on a specific configuration, doesn't necessarily mean that it'd work on all.

As said above, I have an iPhone 6s with iOS 9.2.1.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:33 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello again,

the team has alerted the IT department so the problem is being looked into. I will let you know if and when I get an update.

Thank you again for letting us know.

Best,

Amy
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:21 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
if you check the reviews on the App Store, several people are reporting the same issue
Yes, unfortunately this isn't a new problem.

It's probably been around a year since I started using "Places" (mostly on an iPhone or iPad) and it has only very rarely been fast or responsive. At various points I've tried deleting/uninstalling, reinstalling, and installing on different devices. Nothing has provided a permanent fix.

My unscientific and subjective impression is that problems are more likely to occur when France is asleep and/or on holiday. It was particularly bad over the Christmas period and around the Gregorian new year. So I've come to imagine that a single individual is responsible for approving our log in attempts, manually and in real time, and that he/she needs regular time off.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:33 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
I've have periodically encountered problems with the Places App note getting past the Facebook login page using both Android on a phone and iOS on a iPad.

Although far from ideal I've usually found rebooting the phone or iPad and then relaunching the App has resolved the issue.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: ALL Accor Platinum
I found that the app (Samsung 6) was unresponsive when I tried to put in a place in the destination section. I only downloaded it a few weeks ago. Ran an update and it's working fine.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: Accor Platinum,Aeroplan,BA,Marriot Rewards, Alaska Airlines, Amex Platinum, SPG
I was unable to use the app also, I have waited forever and it doesn.t work on my phone anymore. I stayed in 6 Accor hotels in Asia and was unable to check in for any of them. I just thought that Places was over.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kay sedia
I was unable to use the app also, I have waited forever and it doesn.t work on my phone anymore. I stayed in 6 Accor hotels in Asia and was unable to check in for any of them. I just thought that Places was over.
Contact the Social Media team and ask them to add the check in manually!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:36 pm

I used Accor Places extensively when it first came out a few years ago. Then one time when I was in the Philippines I received an email advising that I apparently had not checked in for some time & that if I did not do so within 7 days, my account would be terminated. As I did not have access to this email account in the Philippines, nor was I staying at Sofitel Philippine Plaza, Manila (The only Accor Property at the time - there are more now) I was oblivious to the problem. Upon my return to Australia, my Accor Places account had been deleted. Late last year it reappeared, minus the points. I too find it difficult to access. I am staying in an Accor Property as I write this, have checked into Accor Places - it will be interesting to see if it shows up eventually. Check-in for my stay last week was validated. I see that only 15 of my 27 check-ins have been validated...
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Is the app working for anyone? It works maybe 1 in 5 times I try to access it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.