Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Review Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Review Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:52 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Great review. I really want to stay here from the 29th of December for 5/7nights but the cost is crazy.

I Did an example. October 3 nights. flexiable rate 600 Euros(the most exspensive rate I could find). But 3 nights at the end of December is 1300 Euros on an Advance rate. Grand Ocean room.

Also on the 6 or 7 different months I checked. I could not see the 2 bedroom Villa onthe Accor APP. Maybe one Would need to directly negoiate with the manager by email?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:59 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Love the review. Agree with Goldorak, hands down the most picture loaded review so far But very informative!

Any idea why housekeeping placed two pillows at the foot of the king bed in the villa? Looks odd.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:51 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Thanks for this extensive review cocoleolol. The villas are indeed stunning. Nice to see the resort is keeping up its standards. ^
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:30 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Super review Cocoleolol ^ Thank you very much.
It seems I have serious competition for the number of pictures posted in the review
OK OK...based on that this board has decided to grant you LCAH platinum for life

Lovely hotel indeed. And the Director of operations Mr Benoit (that's his 1st name) you mentioned is the ex deputy-GM of Sofitel Angkor, so I know him quite well and you are of course in good hands when he is around
Thank you! Indeed it took me awhile to upload them and appreciate that you enjoyed the review!

Indeed, Mr Benoit was very nice. In fact, a close friend of mine who is at Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua told me to look for him if I encountered any troubles. They're all connected these days!

Originally Posted by tris06
Great review. I really want to stay here from the 29th of December for 5/7nights but the cost is crazy.

I Did an example. October 3 nights. flexiable rate 600 Euros(the most exspensive rate I could find). But 3 nights at the end of December is 1300 Euros on an Advance rate. Grand Ocean room.

Also on the 6 or 7 different months I checked. I could not see the 2 bedroom Villa onthe Accor APP. Maybe one Would need to directly negoiate with the manager by email?
Thanks! Rates at this hotel can vary alot. Especially during peak season so best to go during non peak to medium season. Perks is that you enjoy a quieter resort. With regards to the 2 bedroom Pool Villa, yes I believe you have to contact the hotel directly as they only have 2 or 3 of those available.

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Love the review. Agree with Goldorak, hands down the most picture loaded review so far But very informative!

Any idea why housekeeping placed two pillows at the foot of the king bed in the villa? Looks odd.
Thanks! I suspect you or Mr Goldorak has something planned to beat the number of photos uploaded soon No idea why they put those pillow at the edge of the bed. Perhaps it is useful if you did not wash you feet and you want to lie on the bed and not dirty the sheets, you can put it there then??

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Thanks for this extensive review cocoleolol. The villas are indeed stunning. Nice to see the resort is keeping up its standards. ^
Thanks Indeed it is my favorite Accor resort overall! I believe the management and owners work together to maintain their 5 star standard! Although I am visiting Softel Bali next month so will see how it compares!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: Le Club Accor: Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG: Gold, AMEX Platinum
Great review!

This makes me even more excited for my trip coming up next month. This is one of the places I will be staying over the first 3 weeks of August throughout Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia, all Accor 5 star properties! I will also be qualifying as platinum by the end of next week finally, so I get to look forward to the platinum experience as well!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:42 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by vidrineb
Great review!

This makes me even more excited for my trip coming up next month. This is one of the places I will be staying over the first 3 weeks of August throughout Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia, all Accor 5 star properties! I will also be qualifying as platinum by the end of next week finally, so I get to look forward to the platinum experience as well!
Nice to hear! Hope you enjoy your stay. Which room category did you book? If you booked Ocean room, remember to request for Block 3, its the creme de la creme of Ocean rooms.
vidrineb and tris06 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Nice to hear! Hope you enjoy your stay. Which room category did you book? If you booked Ocean room, remember to request for Block 3, its the creme de la creme of Ocean rooms.

I booked Ocean Room, I will be sure to ask for block 3!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:58 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by vidrineb
I booked Ocean Room, I will be sure to ask for block 3!
Oh, I forgot to mention, you have to email the resort in advance as the chances of getting it on the day itself when you ask for it is super slim. Best to tell them in advance and if you are Platinum, tell them you want Block 3 Ocean room and no room upgrade. If they upgrade you, you'll be up in the hill in a Ocean Grand and not close to the Lobby/Pool/Restaurant.
vidrineb likes this.

Last edited by ContinentalVoyager7; Jul 2, 2018 at 6:04 am
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:20 am

Oh, I forgot to mention, you have to email the resort in advance as the chances of getting it on the day itself when you ask for it is super slim. Best to tell them in advance and if you are Platinum, tell them you want Block 3 Ocean room and no room upgrade. If they upgrade you, you'll be up in the hill in a Ocean Grand and not close to the Lobby/Pool/Restaurant.
I have just emailed the hotel as you suggested!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum

Ocean room is better than the grand Ocean room?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:02 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by tris06
Ocean room is better than the grand Ocean room?
Well it really depends on what you want. Ocean room to me is the best category of room in this resort! The size, amenities provided and the most important thing is the proximity to the lobby, restaurant, main pool and beach is more ideal. You need not climb up the hilly slopes or wait your turn to get the car buggies. Additionally, if you do get a room in Block 3, the view from your room is directly facing the ocean without any obstruction of buildings.

Compared to Ocean Grand, the rooms are definitely bigger in size and the views are slightly different. You do get an ocean view but to me, not as beautiful at what you get from the rooms at Block 3. Furthermore you do get a slight more sense of privacy and isolation compared to living in a block. If I remember correctly, the ocean grand rooms are clustered in 4 rooms per building. Ocean buildings are at least 10 rooms or more.

It all boils down to personally preference I guess! But if you were to ask me for a recommendation, I'll point you in the direction of Block 3 for sure!
tris06 and vidrineb like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold

Compared to Ocean Grand, the rooms are definitely bigger in size and the views are slightly different. You do get an ocean view but to me, not as beautiful at what you get from the rooms at Block 3. Furthermore you do get a slight more sense of privacy and isolation compared to living in a block. If I remember correctly, the ocean grand rooms are clustered in 4 rooms per building. Ocean buildings are at least 10 rooms or more.

I'm glad that your read your review. I was going to book an Ocean Grand room, but now I might just stick to the Ocean. I like how the Ocean Grand room's bed faces the ocean directly and I do like the larger size...So there aren't any Ocean Grand rooms in Block 3? I don't mind walking up a hill, but I would want unobstructed views of the ocean
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:05 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I'm glad that your read your review. I was going to book an Ocean Grand room, but now I might just stick to the Ocean. I like how the Ocean Grand room's bed faces the ocean directly and I do like the larger size...So there aren't any Ocean Grand rooms in Block 3? I don't mind walking up a hill, but I would want unobstructed views of the ocean
Hi, good to hear my review helped you. Am so busy these days, I am unable to do anymore reviews!

To answer your question, no, Ocean Grand rooms are only located further up the property. Block 3 only has Ocean rooms. In all honestly, save yourself a couple of dollars and stay at the Ocean room and then you can perhaps splurge more at the restaurant or spa. Remember if you are booking the Ocean room to send them an email ahead strongly requesting for Block 3.

Hope you enjoy your trip!
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:02 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Anyone know an update on the executive lounge?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:30 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by PabloM
Anyone know an update on the executive lounge?
Well I know my Info is slightly old, but from what my friend said when he last visited the Resort about 4 months ago, there is not update when he asked about it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.