Wiki Posts
Search

Review Pullman Hong Kong Park Lane

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Smile Review Pullman Hong Kong Park Lane

The Park Lane Hong Kong

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

The Park Lane Hong Kong

310 Gloucester Road Causeway Bay Hong Kong, HK

Review Pullman Hong Kong Park Lane (11 Photos)

The Park Lane Hong Kong

There were just scattered information about this hotel in several threads on FT, so I’m starting a dedicated thread for this hotel review. As it has been mentioned byAwesome Andyin a recent post (The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread), the hotel lobby is undergoing major renovation. Following his precious advice, when I arrived, I jumped directly to the 22nd floor to check-in at the lounge. Nice welcome as a platinum member. As also said byAwesome Andy, while there is no bar because of the renovation work, you get a credit of 50 HKD for minibar consumption.

20403196948_be5b3a8e32_z.jpg

A letter detailing platinum benefits was given. It mentions complimentary pressing service. I suppose it’s limited to a certain number of pieces but it’s not precised (and I didn’t use this service so I cannot comment).

20597786401_20af603f23_z.jpg

Room

I had booked a classic room city view and was upgraded to Premium Deluxe with Victoria park & harbor view at a high floor. Club access and late check-out were granted.

The hotel corridors are nice. The rooms are OK and very classic (no wow effect) but of a very decent size for HK. A plate of fruits and a welcome note were placed in the room. The bathroom was the best part of the room

Nice view from the room.

Overall

I will review the lounge in the dedicated thread :
Accor master lounge thread (not Sofitel)

Free Wifi was working well. Check-out from the lounge. Overall a nice (but short) stay. Very convenient location a few steps away from Causeway Bay metro station. Would I return ? certainly.

Review Pullman Hong Kong Park Lane

Would you like to write a review on the The Park Lane Hong Kong?

No, thank you.
Yes

Last edited by Goldorak; Aug 15, 2015 at 9:59 am
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:54 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Nice review Goldorak, thanks for sharing ^
Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Nice review. I've stayed twice and will add that this is one of the busiest areas of Hong Kong, and that's saying something. The walk from the MTR isn't far, but you will be walking with hordes of people at almost every hour of the day and night. And they have somehow crammed an entire Ikea into the basement of the hotel so there are always thousands of people streaming in and out of the building, but thankfully not the lobby. That said, if you hate crowds Hong Kong isn't the place to go.

There are a lot of good restaurants within walking distance, but it depends on which way you walk. Near the MTR you will find the most. Not much in the other directions. If you feel like taking a long and interesting walk before your meal, head over to Ship Street where you will find some really good top restaurants. Most will require reservations well in advance, but you can maybe find something to walk into without one as I did. Timon is a new Tapas place that is tiny but has really interesting and good dishes. And lots of good Spanish wines and a Spanish chef. If you are looking for a better bar than the one at the hotel, which was open when I was there but not so good, it's a short walk over to the Excelsior hotel which has the Dickens bar downstairs. Usually a good crowd there. Or as you walk towards Central, there are nice bars scattered here and there.

We will see what happens with the renovations, but for now you can sneak up to the rooftop bar around 5pm and enjoy the sunset over the harbor. I say sneak because the top floor is usually booked out for corporate meetings. But as those generally end at 5, no one has cared that I walked up to take in the view on a nice day.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Nice review. I've stayed twice and will add that this is one of the busiest areas of Hong Kong, and that's saying something. The walk from the MTR isn't far, but you will be walking with hordes of people at almost every hour of the day and night. And they have somehow crammed an entire Ikea into the basement of the hotel so there are always thousands of people streaming in and out of the building, but thankfully not the lobby. That said, if you hate crowds Hong Kong isn't the place to go.

There are a lot of good restaurants within walking distance, but it depends on which way you walk. Near the MTR you will find the most. Not much in the other directions. If you feel like taking a long and interesting walk before your meal, head over to Ship Street where you will find some really good top restaurants. Most will require reservations well in advance, but you can maybe find something to walk into without one as I did. Timon is a new Tapas place that is tiny but has really interesting and good dishes. And lots of good Spanish wines and a Spanish chef. If you are looking for a better bar than the one at the hotel, which was open when I was there but not so good, it's a short walk over to the Excelsior hotel which has the Dickens bar downstairs. Usually a good crowd there. Or as you walk towards Central, there are nice bars scattered here and there.

We will see what happens with the renovations, but for now you can sneak up to the rooftop bar around 5pm and enjoy the sunset over the harbor. I say sneak because the top floor is usually booked out for corporate meetings. But as those generally end at 5, no one has cared that I walked up to take in the view on a nice day.
Thank you Stimpy for those precisions. I indeed forgot to mention the rooftop restaurant and terrace. I've been to have a look in the morning but it was closed (it opens from lunch time) and so I have just seen what you see from the lift area.
And for Ikea, yes I saw that too. Funny
Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
In the area, the Crowne Plaza is a very good option (large and nice club rooms, superb view from high floor rooms, pretty nice club lounge, small outdoor pool and bar on top floor).
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
nice reveiw Goldorak.

It seems there is not much thing was done with the room on the change. I stayed in this hotel in April 2013 complimentary from CX due to 12 hours delay of my YYZ flight.

I am comparing this hotel with Novotel Century. I know room wise and location, Pullman Park Lane beats Novotel Century.

However, price is the issue here. With the Private sales, Novotel Century is selling at HKD 600 vs Pullman at HKG 1303. I will need to book 3 rooms for 3 nights. so the price different will be significant. I am traveling 6 adults (1 senior citizen), 1 teen and 1 child.

Will it worth the double amount to stay in Pullman?

I am still holding Le Club Platinum if this will make difference.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by lingua101
nice reveiw Goldorak.

It seems there is not much thing was done with the room on the change. I stayed in this hotel in April 2013 complimentary from CX due to 12 hours delay of my YYZ flight.

I am comparing this hotel with Novotel Century. I know room wise and location, Pullman Park Lane beats Novotel Century.

However, price is the issue here. With the Private sales, Novotel Century is selling at HKD 600 vs Pullman at HKG 1303. I will need to book 3 rooms for 3 nights. so the price different will be significant. I am traveling 6 adults (1 senior citizen), 1 teen and 1 child.

I stayed several times at Novotel HK century and would return without problem. Location is fine but rooms a are rather small. Plat treatment is OK but the upgrades options are limited. There is a lounge but very small.
Pullman location is fine too (better than Novotel IMO), rooms are bigger (but not huge), more upgrade options and a "real" club lounge.
For the price difference, only you can make the decision. If I would be in your situation, I would likely choose the Novotel because the price different is very important.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 12:05 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
lingua101 if it helps in any decision-making, the Junior Suite in the Novotel Century has a sofa bed in the living room. Refer to my review here on FT.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...l#post25007099
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: QF WP
Not sure when your stay will be, but if it's going to be in somewhere around Jun - Sep, it's going to be hot and humid so the "short" walk from the Novotel to the MTR would become very long and harsh.

Having said that, personally, I actually find the Novotel working out very well for me. If I want the HKG style cafes, I walk a couple of blocks south, if I want western style restaurants/bars, I take the foot bridge up to the north, and the foot bridge also links to the Wanchai ferry so it's very easy to get to TST. If I want to head further north, then I get out of the foot bridge system around halfway, and catch bus 104 (during non-peak hours) which goes through Mong Kok. Most places I usually go to on the HK island side can be accessed via the tram.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by lingua101
nice reveiw Goldorak.

One tends to be out and about when in Hong Kong, it simply isn't worth it paying such a huge difference in price. Don't bet on getting lounge access with the other adults in tow except your partner. Unless you feel comfortable leaving your travel mates to their own device while you enjoy your evening canapes at the lounge , the lounge access is a non-event. The choice is pretty clear if budget is a concern.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:42 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RJ77
One tends to be out and about when in Hong Kong, it simply isn't worth it paying such a huge difference in price. Don't bet on getting lounge access with the other adults in tow except your partner. Unless you feel comfortable leaving your travel mates to their own device while you enjoy your evening canapes at the lounge , the lounge access is a non-event. The choice is pretty clear if budget is a concern.
I can't comment on the Pullman, but the staff at the Novotel Century are top and if you're nice to them, they will also be able to tell you how many additional staff they allow in the lounge. Worked for me.

Last edited by gilbertaue; Apr 22, 2016 at 4:13 am
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:46 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I can't comment on the Pullman, but the stuff at the Novotel Century are top and if you're nice to them, they will also be able to tell you how many additional staff they allow in the lounge. Worked for me.
Have you tried six additional ones?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 4:12 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RJ77
Have you tried six additional ones?
Including me, 7 (4A,3C). Yes I have. BUT: Non alcohol drinkers and basically just for the breakfast.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
lingua101 if it helps in any decision-making, the Junior Suite in the Novotel Century has a sofa bed in the living room. Refer to my review here on FT.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...l#post25007099
hi gilbertaue, thanks for pointing it out. they did upgrade me once to this junior suite. I stayed in this hotel quite some number of time. I think they are still the most frequent hotel that i have been stayed in accor group.

Probably more insight on Pullman will be better, especially on the services and platinum recognition as I know where the hotel location is
Old Apr 22, 2016, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I can't comment on the Pullman, but the staff at the Novotel Century are top and if you're nice to them, they will also be able to tell you how many additional staff they allow in the lounge. Worked for me.
The Pullman lounge staff are excellent. If you are Platinum, you should take the lift straight to the club and check in there. They will bring you a cold drink and face towel while you sit down and deal with the check in. Very civilized and genial. Great views and good food. That and the location would have me choose the Pullman every time. The only negative in my viewpoint are the massive crowds you walk through on your way to the metro. But that's Hong Kong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.