Wiki Posts
Search

Review Pullman Hong Kong Park Lane

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
3rd stay : good but lack of attention to details

The Park Lane Hong Kong, A Pullman Hotel

Map| 4 Reviews | 75% Recommended

310 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, HK

3rd stay : good but lack of attention to details (29 Photos)

I stayed another time at this hotel (3 nights), just before the last typhoon. It was a good stay overall but there’s clearly a lack of attention to some details. 

When I arrived in the lobby, I said that I was Platinum and wanted to check-in in the lounge and I was immediately accompanied there.

Room

I had booked a superior room and I was upgraded to superior Premium (as per what they said). Differences from the website are not obvious. Room was not as nice as for my previous stay but was clearly OK (nothing to complain about) and the view was very nice (better than the one of my previous stay).

1_IMG_1221.JPG1_IMG_1222.JPG1_IMG_1223.JPG1_IMG_1224.JPG1_IMG_1225.JPGIMG_1226.JPGIMG_1227.JPGIMG_1230.JPGIMG_1231.JPGIMG_1232.JPGIMG_1233.JPGIMG_1235.JPG

View from the room:

IMG_1245.JPGIMG_1246.JPG

When I said above there is a lack of attention to details, I was referring to :

• drink voucher is never spontaneously given in this hotel. This time was no exception. But when I requested it, I was kindly given 2.
  • The drink voucher is exclusively redeemable at the ground floor bar, which is nothing to write home about. I tried at the rooftop bar and it was refused. I then tried at the lounge (outside happy hour cocktail time) and it was refused too. At the lobby bar, they have a dedicated menu for the drink voucher and it is basically the same selection that you have at the lounge during the happy hour cocktail time. I fail to see why a platinum member annoy redeem his voucher at the lounge.
  • The corridors are very nice at this hotel which has been recently renovated, but I had the “pleasure” to have in my corridor a housekeeping cart staying 24/24 and right in front of my room door, 2 very fancy vacuums that stayed there also all the time...

IMG_1300.JPGIMG_1301.JPG

Club lounge

We already posted pictures in previous reviews. Nothing really new, but as I have some additional pics from this stay, I post them here :)

IMG_1217.JPGIMG_1218.JPGIMG_1219.JPGIMG_1236.JPGIMG_1237.JPGIMG_1238.JPGIMG_1239.JPGIMG_1240.JPGIMG_1241.JPGIMG_1242.JPGIMG_1243.JPGIMG_1244.JPGIMG_1247.JPG

Overall

Otherwise, nothing new to mention. As I said, overall it was a good stay but they should pay more attention to a couple of things.

3rd stay : good but lack of attention to details

Would you like to write a review on the The Park Lane Hong Kong, A Pullman Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
I am heading there next month. Did you get anything extra apart from the platter of fruits as the welcome amenity?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by theaugbunnies
I am heading there next month. Did you get anything extra apart from the platter of fruits as the welcome amenity?
No, that’s it.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
i got nothing to look forward too then!

Is it me only or the chairs appear very much like those found in airport lounge?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:44 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Regretted not booking the Exec rooms. The Deluxe room is a slum .

Last edited by cowism; Mar 1, 2019 at 5:12 pm
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by cowism
Regretted not booking the Exec rooms. The Deluxe rooms is a slum .
I did not have a good experience during my stay either. GRO claimed to have upgraded me to a executive room but the decor is the same as the deluxe room. The lounge and lobby are the only places i like about the hotel.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I’ve well expressed my disgust at this hotel in previous posts, but I’d agree with you all - it’s not what you’d come to expect of a Pullman.
tris06 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PabloM
I’ve well expressed my disgust at this hotel in previous posts, but I’d agree with you all - it’s not what you’d come to expect of a Pullman.
Better if just single or couple. Families it is not worth it with restrictions in place. The suite though does look nice. I am not sure if I will stay there again.

Novotel Nathan Road is good enough and far cheaper. Small lounge also does not restrict children which is great. And while quality of food is a bit lower than Pullman it is perfectly fine. Also minus the view...

Interested to see the new hotel near the airport open but unless I plan to take a very early morning flight I doubt I will use it too.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

The exec rooms are good. Staff are hit and miss. I checked out and they couldn't even explain the breakdown of the bill.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Another 4-night stay here and a very good one (I didn’t encounter the small problems I mentioned in my previous review). I was expecting a low occupancy with the current civil unrests in HKG, but not at all. The hotel looked quite busy and the lounge was well filled all the time. On saturday, there were even 3 wedding receptions in the hotel. The staff at the lounge told me they were not doing too bad since the beginning of the events, meaning that they are a bit down, but not too much.

I booked a Deluxe room and was upgraded to Deluxe Executive, which is basically the same room but with beautiful views on Causeway Bay.

I will not post pictures of the room, because it has been reviewed already and I will focus my review on the new things : the Executive lounge changes. When you get off the lift on the 22nd floor, you have those signs projected to the floor to direct you :

Opposite side of the lounge entrance:

All my staff interaction have been with the lounge ones as I did check-in/out there and was there every morning for BF and evening for the cocktails. I have to say that the staff at the lounge has been just super. A real pleasure to be a customer there.

So, they changed the lounge since mid-september. It is now on the 22nd floor (before I believe it was on the 26th). It is much larger with views on both side of the building. But I have to say I am not a big fan of their design. My 1st reaction when I arrived was “oh they changed the lounge and this is a temporary one” as I had the feeling entering I was in a cantine. This 1st impression was quickly gone as of course it is far from being a cantine but this is just the way I reacted.

It is in Art Déco style which I like in general, but I believe it’s the chairs I don’t get with. They are quite “huge”, not nice IMHO, and uncomfortable as you are really seated back. Some staff at the lounge told me they don’t like it and that the customers had mixed feelings (50% like it a lot and 50% dislike it). They lack some sofa and armchairs IMO to have more a lounge atmosphere. But this is of course 1st world problem and the good news is that there is still a lounge and an enlarged one. Offering is still as solid as before. Warm options are changing every day. Unfortunately cold salted items are the same every day and at BF/evening cocktail times. At BF, you can order, as before, several warm Asian BF dishes or egg-based dishes. As you can see also on the pictures, there is a bar now in the lounge. Evening cocktail time is 6 to 8 pm.

So, I believe they could do a bit better with the lounge decoration even if they want to keep this Art Déco style. But, again, I had a very good stay.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Do You know if the childrens policy changed?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
I was just wondering the same.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by tris06
Originally Posted by PabloM
I was just wondering the same.
Sorry guys, I don’t know.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 6:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

The previous lounge was so small. Avoid their lower category rooms.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

I realized that I forgot to include in my review the pictures of the nice rooftop bar and adjacent restaurant.

view from there :

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.