Wiki Posts
Search

Review Pullman Hong Kong Park Lane

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Hi everyone. Posting from the club lounge
Very impressed by the renovation. I haven’t seen my room yet as I wanted to enjoy the happy hour for cocktails here (I arrived at the hotel around 7:15 pm). Based on some e-mail communication with the hotel before arriving and gilbertaue’s valuable info, I went straight to the lounge on the 22nd floor for check-in. I was very well treated by the staff there. I will post some more soon and in the mean time, here are some more pictures of the lounge and food offering in the evening.
Attached Images           
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Continuing
Bon appétit
Attached Images     
gilbertaue and uggboy like this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to Hong Kong Goldorak! The lounge is certainly looking a lot better! Don’t forget to try a HK-style ice lemon tea in the lounge (upon request).
uggboy likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:43 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
This hotel does not know what hit them, gilbertaue and Goldorak in short succession. Tough test.
uggboy likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Welcome to Hong Kong Goldorak! The lounge is certainly looking a lot better! Don’t forget to try a HK-style ice lemon tea in the lounge (upon request).
Thank you Yorkboy24

Originally Posted by starflyergold
This hotel does not know what hit them, gilbertaue and Goldorak in short succession. Tough test.
Ha ha ha
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:47 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Goldorak is so timid compared to me.
I hope they gave you more than a fruit basket as a welcome amenity!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I hope they gave you more than a fruit basket as a welcome amenity!
No
Attached Images  
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:02 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
No
Stingy b...rds!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

2nd stay Pullman Hong Kong Park Lane - a great renovation

The Park Lane Hong Kong, A Pullman Hotel

Map| 4 Reviews | 75% Recommended

310 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, HK

2nd stay Pullman Hong Kong Park Lane - a great renovation (20 Photos)

As promised, after the Club Lounge pictures posted above, here are some more info about the stay and the room. This was my 2nd stay there, but the 1st one was 2 years ago and the hotel has already started a complete renovation. 

I have been impressed by the renovation done. It's not the same hotel anymore. 

Arriving at the hotel, I went directly to the Club Lounge on the 22nd floor for check-in. As it was the cocktail happy hour time (6 to 8 pm), I enjoyed a glass of sparkling wine during the check-in ops. Status was well recognized, but I realized afterwards (the following day) that they forgot to give me the drink voucher. I didn't ask for it knowing that the lounge cocktails would be enough !

I received an upgrade to a nice Deluxe Executive room on the 21st floor. The welcome letter was different (shorter) than the one gilbertaue presented in his review

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_27fdc.jpg

Room

The room is large, well equipped with Nespresso machine and a smartphone for use in HK during our stay. Plenty of plugs and USB ports to charge your devices.

Very comfortable bed.

IMG_6714.JPGIMG_6720.JPGIMG_6715.JPGIMG_6721.JPGIMG_6716.JPGIMG_6722.JPGIMG_6723.JPGIMG_6717.JPGIMG_6718.JPGIMG_6724.JPGIMG_6729.JPG

Nice bathroom, all glass but with some design flaws. There are some kind of curtains if you want some kind of privacy but I don't think you can have full privacy, which can be a problem. Another "problem" is when you take a shower. This is in the same room as the bathtub and the space where you stand between the glass wall and the bathtub is not thta large. Furtermore, the water flow is partly falling on the bathtub, meaning that the housekeeping staff needs also to clean the bathtub even if you don't use it. I tried to take some pictures to illustrate this. Strange design, but 1st world problem of course.

IMG_6719.JPGIMG_6725.JPGIMG_6726.JPG

HsNtlgBvTsGq3VsRPPmLsw_thumb_27f5c.jpg

Surprisingly, there was no turndown service.

Dining

The renovated lounge has already been reviewed by gilbertaue and me in previous posts, so I won't address it here. The selection of drinks and food is quite nice and they are generous when they serve you.

On the top floor, you have a nice restaurant and rooftop outdoor bar.

IMG_6733.JPGIMG_6734.JPGIMG_6735.JPG

I had breakfast at the lounge, enjoying the beautiful view. About that, there are a lot of constructions on-going down below what you see on the picture and I hope that the view won't be compromized by new buildings.

IMG_6736.JPG

The food selection available at the lounge was more than enough for me (cold cuts, smoked salmon, dim sum, bakeries, cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurts, breads) and you can order some warm dishes (various kind of egg products, french toasts, etc).

Location is great in Central, in Causeway Bay. Metro station (Causeway Bay) at 100m.

Overall

Overall, great stay, great hotel. Would return without hesitation.

2nd stay Pullman Hong Kong Park Lane - a great renovation

Would you like to write a review on the The Park Lane Hong Kong, A Pullman Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:20 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Executive Lounge Floor (22nd Floor)We reached and were asked to have a seat and what drink we would like. Passport collected and check in papers were handed to me. I was told that our Premium Deluxe Executive Room had been upgraded to a harbour view. Once again, as so frequent at Accor properties "let's try and create an upgrade where no upgrade should exist in the first place". This room does not have two "view" catagories for sale. Just then the duty manager turned up and explained that the Suite has no space for an extra bed (huh?). I said, it doesn't matter, please show me the suite.Of course the suite was nice (and had space for an extra bed). We took that.I was handed the lounge benefits, the room key and that was it. So where most properties have the new LCAH sleeve, they don't have it here. Later I also realised they forgot the welcome drinks voucher and was handed them. Bottom line: Very friendly staff, but you need to pull stuff out of them - not nice. Room Our room was on the 20th FloorOur room was at the end on this corridoor - it had a partial park/harbour view..
Can I ask why did they think you needed a 2nd bed, did you have children or a 3rd person with you)? Also I have been told by this hotel that they do not allow children in the suite.It is extremely strict as well as the lounge rules which I sort of would understand during days where a lot of business people will be staying but I hope they can be a little flexible as we will stay just after new year from a Friday evening until Sunday which means there will be very little business during that time. And so looks like the room upgrade will be useless at this hotel or they make it quite hard to get one with all their rules. The room we booked is the 3rd most expensive room type in the hotel so as a plat member if an upgrade was possible I would think we could get the park lane suite. (2nd highest only difference is lounge access which we already get)
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by tris06
Can I ask why did they think you needed a 2nd bed, did you have children or a 3rd person with you)? Also I have been told by this hotel that they do not allow children in the suite.It is extremely strict as well as the lounge rules which I sort of would understand during days where a lot of business people will be staying but I hope they can be a little flexible as we will stay just after new year from a Friday evening until Sunday which means there will be very little business during that time. And so looks like the room upgrade will be useless at this hotel or they make it quite hard to get one with all their rules. The room we booked is the 3rd most expensive room type in the hotel so as a plat member if an upgrade was possible I would think we could get the park lane suite. (2nd highest only difference is lounge access which we already get)
Yes. We had our daughter with us and generally get an extra bed or convert the sofa if it's a sofa bed.

As you say, they do what they can to prevent you from putting in an extra bed though the space allows for it.

For the lounge policy I had some high level intervention. Again, shouldn't be necessary and I know for a fact that my daughter behaves better than many adults (who are on speaker Skype calls in the lounge for example).

I only found out about the lounge policy when I saw it on the hotels own website a day before arriving.

They also tried to convince me that the family room was an upgrade though the booked room cost more than the family room.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Yes. We had our daughter with us and generally get an extra bed or convert the sofa if it's a sofa bed.

As you say, they do what they can to prevent you from putting in an extra bed though the space allows for it.

For the lounge policy I had some high level intervention. Again, shouldn't be necessary and I know for a fact that my daughter behaves better than many adults (who are on speaker Skype calls in the lounge for example).

I only found out about the lounge policy when I saw it on the hotels own website a day before arriving.

They also tried to convince me that the family room was an upgrade though the booked room cost more than the family room.

I checked the flexible rates as my reference point for which on is more expensive. So I may try what you did but the big deal breaker is if they can get a roll out bed into the suite. Did your daughter sleep on the sofa?

Also from high up is the manager of the hotel?
I rang them also before I asked you and I felt the staff (reservations) was not overly pleasant as he listed the reasons why I could not be upgraded to the suite.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by tris06
I checked the flexible rates as my reference point for which on is more expensive. So I may try what you did but the big deal breaker is if they can get a roll out bed into the suite. Did your daughter sleep on the sofa?

Also from high up is the manager of the hotel?
I rang them also before I asked you and I felt the staff (reservations) was not overly pleasant as he listed the reasons why I could not be upgraded to the suite.
She slept on the sofa which I made into a bed every night. We were asked if we wanted a bed in there but my daughter said she wanted the couch (she is like that sometimes).

Higher up is in fact from the Accor management. I didn't see the GM during my whole stay. I agree the staff there do what is just enough but not a bit more.

I think if you want to, leave it to like what I did and push the envelope when you're there and ask for the duty manager. In the end he was the only person who could make the call.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

My last resort is to demand for the gm and threaten them on a bad review on TA and FT. Usually, that will do the trick. I cannot stand bad service.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:48 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

We have another booking for this weekend.. We booked the premium Deluxe room without lounge benefits. Are the executive rooms any different from the room we booked if they upgrade us to a room below the suite level? I will try to see if we can get get upgraded the suite but this hotel again is proving to be very inflexible . Atleast they seem open to us checking in the morning and having breakfast in the lounge the same day we check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.