Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Master Thread: ex-Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm [no longer part of Accor]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread: ex-Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm [no longer part of Accor]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
The general manager of Sofitel Berlin Kudamm has changed at some point last year.

Anyone considering this hotel might be interested in to know that platinum members of Le Club are now welcome to the club lounge. The hotel confirmed this to me.
Finally !! Thanks for the information. I will then reconsider this hotel for my next stay in Berlin.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by Goldorak

Finally !! Thanks for the information. I will then reconsider this hotel for my next stay in Berlin.
I won't! I'll wait for some positive reviews first and will remain at the Schweizerhof pro tem.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:08 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Good stay again

Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm

Map| 4 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Augsburger Str. 41 Berlin, DE 10789

Good stay again (23 Photos)

Some here don’t like Ku’damm’s Sofitel but I do. This was probably my sixth stay there. I have never had any major issues staying at the hotel and have always been given access to the lounge. I have mainly been unhappy with the welcome gift of cheap fruits.

Since the general manager changed last year I contacted him and asked about the lounge policy. He confirmed that platinum members are welcome to use the lounge.

1_hotel.jpg

Check In

The check-in at the front desk was swift. I had prepaid the stay and there was no need to show credit card. The luxury premium room booked was upgraded to a junior suite. It wasn’t ready when we arrived at 10am but we could enjoy breakfast in the lounge while waiting.

5_lobby.jpg

Room

The junior suite was spacious, one open space of about 60 sqm. Bathroom had both rain shower and bathtub, plus two sinks. Amenities included complimentary mineral water, Nespresso coffee, Hermes toiletries (originally Lanvin but they were changed after I asked), and bathrobes and slippers of course.

8_room1.jpg8_room2.jpg6_room3.jpg4_room4.jpg4_room5.jpg4_room6.jpg2_room7.jpg

Lounge

The lounge was small but never too crowded. There were about ten people at best, us included.

It served basic breakfast (the quality had decreased a little bit since last visit but did the job), afternoon tea (only sweets, unfortunately, but of good quality) and happy hour (a few canapés, cheese and desserts, not sufficient to replace dinner but different every evening). The lounge staff offered a possibility to order food from the room service menu which we did.

Drinks included two white wines, one red, cremant, beers, soft drinks, and some mediocre spirits. A good enough selection.

Unfortunately, breakfast in the restaurant wasn’t complimentary. One must had it in the lounge. Another strange thing: they didn’t have a printed list of lounge benefits but one of the kind staff members wrote them down when I asked.

1_lounge.jpg
lounge benefits.jpg
lounge breakfast1.jpglounge breakfast2.jpg
lounge afternoon tea1.jpglounge afternoon tea2.jpg
lounge happy hours1.jpglounge happy hours2.jpglounge happy hours3.jpglounge happy hours4.jpglounge happy hours5.jpglounge happy hours6.jpglounge happy hours7.jpg

Platinum treatment

On top of the early check-in, the room upgrade and the lounge access, we received a late check-out at 4pm, two drinks vouchers and an improved welcome amenity: a larger fruit platter with chocolates.

1_welcome amenity.jpg

Overall

Excellent value, keep returning.

Good stay again

Would you like to write a review on the Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:52 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Thanks wkndtraveler. I'll be there this weekend so good to get confirmation in advance of the lounge policy.
Goldorak and wkndtraveler like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Thanks wkndtraveler. I'll be there this weekend so good to get confirmation in advance of the lounge policy.
So we expect a full review by monday maximum . The moderator MUST show the example to the miserable regular posters we all are
gilbertaue and starflyergold like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by starflyergold
50 pictures is a minimum !
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:27 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nrouxel
50 pictures is a minimum !
​​​​​​
He's OUR mod.
I expect 75. No less.

And for all the ex FPC members here, since you're still getting used to the AH ropes, we'd expect the same. 75 pictures.
starflyergold and Goldorak like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:27 am

we stay since 2 april here
clublounge /platinum
lounge benefits printed in room
nice welcome
nice breakfast in lounge
staff remenbers how you like your coffee,
personal attention
we are happy to be here
kees
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:59 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Excellent stay with only minor issues

Map| 4 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Augsburger Str. 41 Berlin, DE 10789

Excellent stay with only minor issues (18 Photos)

My second stay at the Sofitel Kurfürstendamm and it was brilliant, not perfect but overall a very good stay.

Check In

Check in initially (at 11am) promised to be a problem. When I asked about an upgrade I got the usual range of excuses. However after some pushback and once the staff member actually checked the computer an upgrade materialised. A very good 2 category upgrade actually, from junior suite to .... well you'll see. The room was not ready yet so I went to the lounge for a coffee and a Danish and then to work. When I came back at 13h the room was ready and waiting for me.

Room

Entrance of the room

IMG_9533.jpg

Dining area

IMG_9534.jpg

2_IMG_9539.jpg

Lounge area

IMG_9535.jpg

Desk

IMG_9536.jpg

Kitchenette

IMG_9537.jpg

Bedroom

IMG_9538.jpg

Bathroom amenities

IMG_9541.jpg

IMG_9542.jpg

Panoramic views from the room

IMG_9544.jpg

IMG_9545.jpg

So I got the best room in the house. Can't complain at all.

Welcome amenity

The Platinum welcome gift consisted of a bowl of fruit and some Turkish style sweets.

IMG_9540.jpg

A personalised note welcomed me back to the hotel. There was no info on the lounge times but a quick look back at this thread helped!

Executive Lounge

Having an executive lounge at a European Sofitel is a rarity as we all know but it is certainly very welcome (not matter what the Accor CEO Sébastien Bazin thinks). I could not detect any enlargement to be honest. It looked exactly as it did when I was there last. What did unfortunately change was the range and quality of the offering (and some of the staff).

When I popped in initially a very friendly woman (who I remembered from my previous stay) was staffing the lounge. She is truly excellent and on the top of her game. Unfortunately for the rest of my stay she was not there and the other staff were less motivated. This meant no personal greeting and food and drinks were slow to be replenished.

The range and quality has gone down a little bit. My travelling companion remarked that this lounge was not like an Asian lounge. Indeed it wasn't.

The breakfast was probably the best, though the warm offering of scrambled eggs and bacon was not very good. Other warm options cost money. The cold buffet was ok though, but just during cocktail time plates were often left empty for too long. Despite the lounge never really being full it took time to get coffee refilled.

The evening drinks consisted of the some spirits, wine and very few nibbles. the best being the cheese, the rest was forgettable.

IMG_9546.jpg

IMG_9547.jpg

IMG_9578.jpg

Service

We had room service and couple of cocktails sent up to the room. Overall service was ok though the room service guy was a tad abrupt. That said when I asked for a few slices of lime to be sent up I got a whole bowl of lime and lemons, peeled.

IMG_9566.jpg

Drinks vouchers

I was issued with four! drinks vouchers (occupancy 2). One version for wine and one for an "aperitif". None of them apparently were valid for champagne or a G&T as I was told in the bar. The aperitif only applied to the restaurant. I was not the only one complaining about this rather strange policy as the waitress was well aware that this was odd for a Sofitel.

IMG_9580.png

Bar

The bar, on the ground floor, is not great. Over it are the hotel's function rooms and noise from there travels. The poor drinks voucher encounter did not enhance my experience.

IMG_9582.jpg

Location is as before ;) Taxi ride from Tegel airport is €23 though a bus will also bring you very close to the hotel.

Overall

Overall this was a brilliant stay. The upgrade really made this stay. When I checked out I told them that they needed to watch service and quality in the lounge. It is a great asset to have but only if they maintain standards.

I'd happily return. Value for money was decent.

Excellent stay with only minor issues

Would you like to write a review on the Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:48 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Very nice!

I'll need to head to Berlin one day.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Great room Starflyergold and now we have more reports showing that this hotel is treating Platinum guests properly. So, I can go back
starflyergold likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:22 am

I just completed another excellent stay at Sofitel Berlin Ku’damm. I keep this post short since there wasn’t much new to report.

I booked two rooms: one superior and one club room. The superior room was upgraded to a very nice prestige suite but the club room remained as booked.

I was able to check-in as early as at 10am although the rooms weren’t ready yet. There was no need to present credit card or any ID. Late check-out was granted at 4pm. Lounge access was given and the lounge was like before. I also received eight drink vouchers, two each.

Welcome amenity was a fruit platter and chocolate pralines that came together with a hand-written welcome letter. On top of all that, a birthday cake was prepared for my mom.

Both rooms had Hermès Eau d’Orange Verte bath amenities which my family members found too manly. I love it. I mentioned this at the lounge and the very friendly lounge guy sent them both Lanvin and Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil amenities.

A safe choice I should say. I keep returning.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:05 am

A short review of my first stay as a Diamond member at Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm.

What is your ALL status?
Diamond

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked luxury premium room and received a two-category upgrade to junior suite.

How are the rooms?
Very nice. Separated bedroom with king size bed and living room with couch, sofa table, two armchairs, and large writing desk. Bathroom had bathtub, walk-in rainfall shower, double sink, and Hermès products. There was also walk-in closet and second toilet. The junior suite felt almost like a prestige suite, just a little smaller.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Service was mostly fantastic, and I was greeted with my name at times. Lots of smiles around the property, especially at breakfast.

Bad:
Lounge food could be improved. Also, while the loyalty treatment was good as such I didn’t feel any difference between this stay as a Diamond member and my previous stays as a Platinum member. (Okay, my status was mentioned once at check-in and in welcome letter but that’s it.)
Service at bar was terrible. Staff (3 persons in almost empty place) showed no interest towards us and once we finally managed to make our order it took ages before our glasses were brought. Nothing was offered with drinks. I mentioned this and was told that nuts are served in the evening only. (We visited the bar at 4:30pm.)

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Relaxing space with decent drinks. They serve a few tiny but tasty bites that makes you feel more hungry than full. Breakfast is served until 1pm on weekends which is appreciated. Staff are very relaxed and friendly.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Room was ready only in the afternoon but we were let to use the lounge since arrival at 9:30am.
Welcome gift consisted of a fruit platter and Tunisian delicacies. It was okay but nothing special and it has been the same for Platinum members. The amenity should be upgraded for Diamonds in my opinion.
Welcome drink was given for two and it was good for beer, wine or soft drink. Couldn’t use it for a glass of champagne which is pity. Again, the higher status one has the better drink one should be able to get.
Late check-out was granted until 4:30pm after my request.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Despite being one of the cheaper Sofitels, it offers great value for money. I keep returning.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here recently as platinum.
All without asking, I as upgraded to a large room with view on 10th floor, given lounge access and a drink voucher.
So full marks to this hotel for getting all my platinum benefits correct, without me asking.
Windows CAN be (partially) opened for fresh air at this hotel.
Evening turn-down service was down very well. Few hotels get this right nowadays, so I appreciate this.
Lounge is on 11th floor and has nice views and a even a bit of a fancy atmosphere.

My only disppointment...there is ZERO warm food in the lounge in the evening....not even soup.
I asked the staff if cold food in evening was the standard and they confirmed.
There were other small dishes of food on offer (including 3 types of dessert) but it's all cold, and certainly not enough to substitute a dinner.
Apart from this 1 disappointment, everything else was great.
IMH, starflyergold and Goldorak like this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
When I stayed here last week I had an early morning appointment, and did not have time for breakfast.
Stayed here again this week and went for my free breakfast in top floor lounge, only to discover that only cold food is complimentary for breakfast.

There was a small menu on every table if you wanted warm breakfast food in the lounge.

6.50 euro for 2 eggs
12 euro for eggs benedict
4.50 euro for a waffle, crepe or pancakes

To quote star wars:

"This [lounge] deal is getting worse all this time"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.