Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 1:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I don't think I could bother and would rather just eat in the lounge or main restuarant. If it was complimentry for plats I suppose I could try it 1 morning.

I suppose it will become far more comon thing to watch out for floating breakfasts getting in your way in the swimming pool. What about offering breakfast on the beach? Could be nice for before 8am in the morning before it gets too hot.
Old May 26, 2019, 11:45 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I had no idea that this was a thing. It shouldn't be but here we are apparently. Call me old fashioned but I prefer my meals at a table, clothed.

Last edited by starflyergold; May 27, 2019 at 9:06 am Reason: spelling
Old May 28, 2019, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
We stayed in a Bali villa and were grandly given a floating breakfast. It was a pain in the neck. We just pulled everything off the big round floating thing, ate at the table then put it all back on the water and pretended it was magnificent. I have no desire to ever have another one.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

By the way is it me or this hotel can be frustrating before even checking in?
I tried booking this hotel with my Australian visa debit card. It failed as they stated it must be a credit card. So I used my family's credit card.
I know it sounds silly not having a credit card but I don't live in Australia and so I don't feel it is a good thing managing an Australian credit card from China.
Also there are severe restrictions on getting a Chinese credit card due to being a foreigner the only possibility is using my wife to get a joint card but... she is not that keen on it.

Anyway one would have thought the visa debit card would have been okay considering that was the whole point of banks issuing a visa debit card that can be used for online transactions.
And anyway now after paying by credit card I am told their local bank needs the hotel to see the credit card presented upon check in. I think I will go mental if they cannot suggest something like a credit authorisation form from the card holder or something. I plainly told them to find a solution. I am happy to pay on check in if they need to refund the amount on the credit card. But will be pissed if they cancel my booking or charge me more etc. Sorry for the rant
Old May 28, 2019, 10:20 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by tris06
I tried booking this hotel with my Australian visa debit card. It failed as they stated it must be a credit card. So I used my family's credit card.
I know it sounds silly not having a credit card but I don't live in Australia and so I don't feel it is a good thing managing an Australian credit card from China.
Also there are severe restrictions on getting a Chinese credit card due to being a foreigner the only possibility is using my wife to get a joint card but... she is not that keen on it.

Anyway, one would have thought the visa debit card would have been okay considering that was the whole point of banks issuing a visa debit card that can be used for online transactions.
And anyway now after paying by credit card I am told their local bank needs the hotel to see the credit card presented upon check in. I think I will go mental if they cannot suggest something like a credit authorisation form from the cardholder or something. I plainly told them to find a solution. I am happy to pay on check in if they need to refund the amount on the credit card. But will be pissed if they cancel my booking or charge me more etc. Sorry for the rant
This is actually very normal as I see many people, friends and family travelling with Debit cards. There are various ways to overcome this.

First is getting a credit authorization form which you mention, ask their reservation that you want a credit card authorisation form. Then get the credit card holder to sign the form and you should be good. Not to worry, I've never seen any hotel cancel your stay cause of this.

Second is paying for the stay upon check-in immediately with your debit card (I've done this once when I had only a debit card with me when I left my CC at home). But by doing that, the hotel will not be able to hold a pre-authorisation/deposit of your debit card since its a debit card, meaning you cannot sign to your room and earn more points by signing F&B or spa or anything to your room. One way to go around this is to give them a cash deposit. Most major hotels take USD, Euro, Auz or local currency for a deposit only (Not for paying for your stay).

If you need help or more explanation, don't hesitate to PM me.
Dav77 likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum

Anyway one would have thought the visa debit card would have been okay considering that was the whole point of banks issuing a visa debit card that can be used for online transactions.
And anyway now after paying by credit card I am told their local bank needs the hotel to see the credit card presented upon check in. I think I will go mental if they cannot suggest something like a credit authorisation form from the card holder or something. I plainly told them to find a solution. I am happy to pay on check in if they need to refund the amount on the credit card. But will be pissed if they cancel my booking or charge me more etc. Sorry for the rant
i’m sure you will find a solution with them, as explained on message above and you will have very nice stay at this property.

Give Sophia (employee at Club Millesime) a kiss by me and my wife.
tris06 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

OMG I am so angry right now.

I will just put down the order of the emails since our booking was made on the 28th of May.

Dear Mr. .....
We have received your new reservation #HKGSFRVG for 1x Luxury Room Plunge Pool with Twin Bed on 16-24 July 2019, and we have successfully charged the payment from your credit card (Visa 4 last digits 0544), thus this reservation is now guaranteed. Our local bank requires you to present the original card upon arrival for verification purpose.
And we have cancelled the reservation #HKBSHFFB accordingly with the cancellation number #7127
Mr. ...., we are looking forward to welcome you here at Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua!

Kind regards,
Helga
Dear Mr.....,Kindly to inform we have received the Visa under your name thus we have charged the credit card as it is the same name as the reservation, however should the credit card belongs to your wife, thus please to proceed the payment once again through below link:
Once the payment has been made, we will refund back the credit card for the payment we have charged manually, the process will take approximately 15-21 working days.Mr. ....., looking forward to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
Helga
My reply just a few days ago...
Good evening.

We decided we will pay directly when arriving at the hotel as it is too complex to sort out now. Then you can refund the previous amount.

Best regards
Tristan Merrin
Personally considering they have said they successfully charged the credit card before I thought well not a problem or they would tell me otherwise.
Instead I see this.

Dear Mr....,
Bonsoir! Selamat malam!
Thak you for your email and we would like to inform you that your booking is non refundable booking. Thus, we require full payment upon make a booking. Regret to inform you that your booking has been autmatically cancel by our system on 28th May 2019 due to we did not receive any response from you and we unable to charge the credit card given.
Thank you for your attention and please feel free to contact us should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Dian
Wow. And this hotel is just about fully booked during these dates so not only did they cancel the booking I cannot rebook it. I think what they did was wrong. Any suggestions? I tried ringing the local hotline number in China but seems to always hang up on me. Can Amy help? It is really urgent though. We have already booked flights for this holiday only to be treated like this.
Shocking I think.

I tried 3 different customer support numbers they are supposed to be 24hrs 7 days a week. 30-50 seconds in it always hangs up.

Last edited by tris06; Jun 14, 2019 at 11:16 am
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Send email to him, he is sofitel Bali GM and also Area GM for Bali and Lombok.

[email protected]
[email protected]
tris06 and Dav77 like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Wow. And this hotel is just about fully booked during these dates so not only did they cancel the booking I cannot rebook it. I think what they did was wrong. Any suggestions? I tried ringing the local hotline number in China but seems to always hang up on me. Can Amy help? It is really urgent though. We have already booked flights for this holiday only to be treated like this.
Shocking I think.

I tried 3 different customer support numbers they are supposed to be 24hrs 7 days a week. 30-50 seconds in it always hangs up.
Send email to him, he is sofitel Bali GM and also Area GM for Bali and Lombok.

[email protected]
[email protected]
tris06 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:59 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I've dropped a message to a contact on this too tris06 on your behalf. Hope something happens via this alternative route.

Update: Mr Pasdeloup has been informed internally.
Goldorak, tris06, jiunsoh and 1 others like this.

Last edited by gilbertaue; Jun 15, 2019 at 10:22 am
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:04 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Thanks for all the help. Yes it has been resolved now. They have confirmed my booking is confirmed again.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Coming back soon to Bali and stayed last time at the Sofitel during our first visit (will do now Amandari and Legian instead).

Whilst we really enjoyed the pool landscape and the property itself - service levels were, well, meeeh.

- Check in took 30min for no obvious reason - we just had to wait
- the organization of the breakfast was a total disaster - long queues, asking for a coffee 10 times, people jumping the queue to sit outside, etc.
- staff were - apart from the breakfast waiters - friendly but really nothing special otherwise. Not going the extra mile.
- that all was in 2017 so might have improved.
- Nusa Dua is very generic, could be Majorca as well
- the tide was impressive (in a negative way, for most of the day I could look at seaweed and water 100m away).

We enjoyed the stay, but I think there are definitely much better options/ locations in Bali. They have at the moment aggressive offers though for end of September (I think they are one of the cheapest five stars - IMHO).
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Any good massage/spa places nearby? Going tomorrow.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Any good massage/spa places nearby? Going tomorrow.
Nusa Dua is a luxury guetto with only 5 star hotels. So either you use the spa of the Sofitel or you'll have to go further outside of this area.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Or spa at other hotels around

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.