Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Old Apr 22, 19, 8:56 am

Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex
I donít know if I would consider a better upgrade to room with pool access or to the one with private pool.

Even if small pool, rooms at ground floor without pool access have better privacy, because they are closed from outside

there are lot of people looking at rooms with pool access, especially at the ones near the main pool.

I would consider a true upgrade to prestige suite only.
Old Apr 22, 19, 1:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Gold, Skywards : Gold
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
I donít know if I would consider a better upgrade to room with pool access or to the one with private pool.

Even if small pool, rooms at ground floor without pool access have better privacy, because they are closed from outside

there are lot of people looking at rooms with pool access, especially at the ones near the main pool.

Prestige suites were very spacious ....
the one with plunge pool offer good privacy for inside the room .. but upstair guests can see the plunge pool area from their balcony

Pool access rooms is quite unique as you could straight jump to the main pool from your room
It does offer less privacy for the room itself
Old Apr 22, 19, 5:49 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post
is the stay is for a special event?
​This will be our third stay, the previous ones were in a suite, wife's choice, and the suites were lush!

We spent​ most of our time in the main pool jealous of the rooms with pool access, this time my son and I won the room lottery and we are really looking forward to it!

No not a special occasion, however I booked during the last private sale and specifically clarified with our contact that I had booked the category below the the pool access (they have a confusing array of categories) as that is the one we wanted an upgrade to (subject to availability, of course!), so I was very surprised but delighted to receive the guarantee.
Old Apr 22, 19, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!

I stayed in a Prestige Suite. It is one of my favourite suites from all the hotels I have stayed in. The pool in the suite was nice but a touch cold and it is overshadowed by all of the hotel rooms above you so there is no privacy.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 19, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post
Prestige suites were very spacious ....
the one with plunge pool offer good privacy for inside the room .. but upstair guests can see the plunge pool area from their balcony

Pool access rooms is quite unique as you could straight jump to the main pool from your room
It does offer less privacy for the room itself
even rooms above ones with plunge pool are quite unique, as you could straigh jump to the pool below from your room 😃
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 19, 2:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I would love to get the prestige suite (top floor or plunge pool with the upgrade but I really do not want to pay for the pool acess room which is a relatively big jump up in price from the plunge pool room as you would be paying for the executive lounge usage. Not an issue with other hotels to get a suite instead of just the excutive room with lounge benefits. Those who got the prestige suite was this an upgrade from the pool access room?

My recent experience staying at the Angasana hotel recently with pool access I can see there is little privacy with this room type.
Old Apr 23, 19, 3:21 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
I'm no fan of the pool access rooms either, everybody and their dog appears to be swimming by while you are relaxing on the terrace or step out of the shower with the curtains open....
Old Apr 23, 19, 3:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
I'm no fan of the pool access rooms either, everybody and their dog appears to be swimming by while you are relaxing on the terrace or step out of the shower with the curtains open....
So it really comes to the fact that the real upgrade is to a prestige suite.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 19, 6:30 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
One can’t even swim from the room terrace to the main pool together with a room mate since it would require to carry key card on the pool which is neither convenient nor wise.

I have stayed in one bedroom villa. While it was nice and private, the plunge pool was useless, very tiny, so used the main pool instead.
EcotoneHR likes this.

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Apr 23, 19 at 12:12 pm
Old Apr 23, 19, 10:09 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor G | Marriott P | SPG P| Hilton S

But prestige suite does not have privacy. your upstairs neighbor can look into your pool
Old Apr 23, 19, 10:11 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor G | Marriott P | SPG P| Hilton S
Originally Posted by tris06 View Post
So it really comes to the fact that the real upgrade is to a prestige suite.
there is also honey moon suite.... the only different is the room arrangement and slighly smaller room compare to prestige suite. but it has the same pool like prestige suite

Last edited by lingua101; Apr 23, 19 at 10:20 pm
Old Apr 24, 19, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by lingua101 View Post
But prestige suite does not have privacy. your upstairs neighbor can look into your pool
yes but at least they are not able to look into your room ..
Old Apr 24, 19, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!

yes but at least they are not able to look into your room ..
Stops one sunbaking topless for an all over tan though!
Dav77 likes this.
Old May 25, 19, 11:08 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALLPlus Platinum (formerly known as Le Club AccorHotels), Hertz PC
Enjoy

https://www.dmarge.com/2019/05/float...-nusa-dua.html
Old May 25, 19, 11:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Gold, Skywards : Gold
Solo adventure!
gilbertaue and Dav77 like this.

Search this Thread