Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:05 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Thanks for the detailed review cocoleolol.

Have they always had this many, five different types of luxury rooms: luxury room (with what view?), luxury lagoon view room, luxury ocean view room, luxury plunge pool room and luxury pool access room?

I somehow have an image that they used to have only luxury room, luxury plunge pool room and luxury pool access room but I might be wrong. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
attractive red hot room price @ 98 USD / night

i just booked the this hotel with accorplus red hot room price @ 98 USD / night (before 21% tax), this price is like 46% off flexible rate.

Flexible Rate

Red Hot Room rate
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:00 am

some questions

1) since red hot room has no breakfast, can platinum choose to have breakfast at kwee zeen?
2) kids policy at lounge, i am travelling with 1 year old kid, can we bring him in during cocktail hour?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
some questions

1) since red hot room has no breakfast, can platinum choose to have breakfast at kwee zeen?
2) kids policy at lounge, i am travelling with 1 year old kid, can we bring him in during cocktail hour?
the answer for 1st question is yes.
jiunsoh likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
some questions

I am sure official policy says no kids at happy hour, however Balinese don't really like confrontation and I did see a few kids there in cocktail hour.
jiunsoh likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Thank you to all before in this 20 page thread for all of this information!! Worth the read over the past hour.

Makes me feel reassured about my decision to commit to a comparable red hot rate in a Prestige Suite with Plunge Pool/Club access. Will have the latter as Platinum status anyway and I hope with this status they have mercy on me with a TWO level upgrade to the two bed pool villa

Last edited by patty canuck; Dec 15, 2018 at 7:51 am
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by patty canuck
Thank you to all before in this 20 page thread for all of this information!! Worth the read over the past hour.

Makes me feel reassured about my decision to commit to a comparable red hot rate in a Prestige Suite with Plunge Pool/Club access. Will have the latter as Platinum status anyway and I hope with this status they have mercy on me with a TWO level upgrade to the two bed pool villa
Just stayed last month, book standard room and got 1 level upgrade to room with pool view. Asked if possible to get ocean view they just quoted me the price for upgrade.

The hotel is currently doing renovation for some rooms and their main restaurant Kwee Zen. The hotel moved breakfast to cucina which is a smaller restaurant, variety was not like what we saw in previous review. One of the restaurant staff told us some items will not be available until kwee Zen reopen.

Also, they very reluctant to give early and late check-out even when they were in low occupancy. They sent me email to ask what can they do to make our stay magnifique, then when I informed them we will arrive around 130pm, they replied saying standard check in will be 3pm and there will be charges if I request early check in. They knew my platinum status, and this supposingly to be welcome email eventually spoiled our mood.

For late check-out , they can't confirm me until the morining I will be checking-out. I understand all these subjected to availability but the hotel was running very low occupancy that period, swimming pool not much guest, restaurant only 1 or 2 table of customer., Is it really necessary to confirm us until the very last min?

So if you are like us expecting high standard after seeing so much positive reviews, then please consider to expect the unexpected.
pilotsnoopy likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1P, SQ PPS
my review on hotels.com for the trip in December 2018.

"Is this a Sofitel?"

The other Sofitels made this pale in comparison. Cleanliness is subpar, obvious dust on coffee maker, water from the last guest? Went for welcome drink at Manarai Beach Club, awful service even though we wanted to order more drinks. Hotel says they are third party operator. Awful room service, never took even basic care for our request of ashtray and lighter. Bucket of ice delivered, next day not cleared after turn down service. Two ice buckets with left over water. Wanted to leave on 2nd day, unable to check out early without having to pay full, was prepared to do this but the duty manager Sandro asked for an opportunity to improve, moved us to a suite. Better but regretted not checking out to somewhere else with an ocean view since jaded with the travelling by this time. Requested upon check in for half day rate on check out for 6pm, told to request day before. Very reluctant to extend us late check out despite spa reservation. Mediocre spa experience for couple. Thank but no thanks.

Verified Hotels.com guest review
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by pilotsnoopy

"Is this a Sofitel?"

The other Sofitels made this pale in comparison. Cleanliness is subpar, obvious dust on coffee maker, water from the last guest? Went for welcome drink at Manarai Beach Club, awful service even though we wanted to order more drinks. Hotel says they are third party operator. Awful room service, never took even basic care for our request of ashtray and lighter. Bucket of ice delivered, next day not cleared after turn down service. Two ice buckets with left over water. Wanted to leave on 2nd day, unable to check out early without having to pay full, was prepared to do this but the duty manager Sandro asked for an opportunity to improve, moved us to a suite. Better but regretted not checking out to somewhere else with an ocean view since jaded with the travelling by this time. Requested upon check in for half day rate on check out for 6pm, told to request day before. Very reluctant to extend us late check out despite spa reservation. Mediocre spa experience for couple. Thank but no thanks.

really afraid to read that.

We had had very nice stay last August.

Of course it’s a “resort” property, so could be normal to find it different than a Sofitel at any city.

But that can’t relate to service, that needs to be high standard
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Firsttime4me2
My family really enjoyed the Sunday Brunch!
​​​
if you will travel again to Bali you need absolutely to try the W hotel Seminyak Sunday brunch ...simply amazing 👍
pilotsnoopy likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
So Looking to stay in July it seems it may be busy during this month.

The current plan is.
Probably will book the plunge pool luxury room as I really don't want to pay for the lounge which is complimentry anyway.

When checking in see if pool access and prestige (non pool plunge) is available. If the prestige suite is I might ask if I can do a paid upgrade on the spot between the pool access price and prestige suite price.

I might have asked this question before for Bali but they are the only Accor hotel with a lounge?

Also is the evening canapes in the lounge sufficient for a small meal? We may try the Buffet 1 or 2 nights but the family member with me will be 86yrs old so I doubt will be that hungry.

Tempted to try out the Fairmont instead as the quality seems decently better but no lounge.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by pilotsnoopy

"Is this a Sofitel?"

Cleanliness seems to be persistent issue with this hotel ..... however the service was good when I stay there last year.
And also staff seems dont have good attention to the detail as half used jam pot sometimes left at the table and not being replaced for next guest
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:09 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by tris06
I might have asked this question before for Bali but they are the only Accor hotel with a lounge?

Also is the evening canapes in the lounge sufficient for a small meal? We may try the Buffet 1 or 2 nights but the family member with me will be 86yrs old so I doubt will be that hungry.

Tempted to try out the Fairmont instead as the quality seems decently better but no lounge.
I believe so for the lounge bit.

When I was last there, the food offerings were sufficient for a light meal.

I would just stick to Sofitel IMO.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:44 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06

Also is the evening canapes in the lounge sufficient for a small meal?
I found the evening service to be more than sufficient as a light meal.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:57 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I found the evening service to be more than sufficient as a light meal.
That is good because we won't want to take risks eating out much. 8 nights we plan to stay. Now just hoping in the next 3-4 months a 40% sale happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.