Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
He'll be HM. GM remains Sylvain.
In fact both know each other very well as they worked together as a team many years ago at the Sofitel Gold Coast.

Yes, owner is the same. Podomoro group.
actually it is no longer the same owner. Podomoro has sold off the Pullman Central Park to Thai REITS. Originally the plan is to sell off the Sofitel Nusa Dua also.

SET Welcomes First Foreign Hospitality REIT ?SHREIT?

this is the news in Indonesian, which mentioned the original intention was also to sell Sofitel Nusa Dua.

APLN jual Hotel Pullman ke REITS bulan ini
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Not much info here on the Pool Villa. In looking at Sofitel website it looks like the suite category below, Prestige Suite with plunge pool is actually bigger and a $80 approx cheaper. A nice change wanting the cheaper room. The bathroom in the pool viilla looks beautiful.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:36 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Not much info here on the Pool Villa. In looking at Sofitel website it looks like the suite category below, Prestige Suite with plunge pool is actually bigger and a $80 approx cheaper. A nice change wanting the cheaper room. The bathroom in the pool viilla looks beautiful.
Hi Annalisa12 Merry Christmas.

If you refer to my post some time ago I think I took quite a number of pictures of the various rooms.

The Prestige Suite with plunge is a ground floor room at the tip of the building, closest to the beach. I liked the design.

The Villa is nice too as they are free standing. Private and secluded. Hardly any interaction with other guests and they ferry you to your villa in a buggy.
But I felt it was a bit cramped. It's, if I recall correctly, in a U shape with the main entrance flanked by the living and bedroom on either side of the center courtyard. In the courtyard is the pool. No views from the villa pool.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you refer to my post some time ago I think I took quite a number of pictures of the various rooms.

The Prestige Suite with plunge is a ground floor room at the tip of the building, closest to the beach. I liked the design.

The Villa is nice too as they are free standing. Private and secluded. Hardly any interaction with other guests and they ferry you to your villa in a buggy.
But I felt it was a bit cramped. It's, if I recall correctly, in a U shape with the main entrance flanked by the living and bedroom on either side of the center courtyard. In the courtyard is the pool. No views from the villa pool.
Hi Gilbert,

Yes I saw your pics and combined with the Sofitel site I made my decision. The pool area in the Villa also looked a bit cramped too with a deck chair squashed against the wide of the villa.

I like the Prestige Suite even more after your comments here about that room being close to the beach. The measurements are quite different too. Thanks for your help.

I haven't stayed at a Sofitel since my Singapore Sofitel disaster. I hope this stay would be better.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:52 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Hi Gilbert,

Yes I saw your pics and combined with the Sofitel site I made my decision. The pool area in the Villa also looked a bit cramped too with a deck chair squashed against the wide of the villa.

I like the Prestige Suite even more after your comments here about that room being close to the beach. The measurements are quite different too. Thanks for your help.

I haven't stayed at a Sofitel since my Singapore Sofitel disaster. I hope this stay would be better.
You know how to get in touch with me. if you want to, send me the details as I am close to the EAM of the hotel.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know how to get in touch with me. if you want to, send me the details as I am close to the EAM of the hotel.
You know everyone!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold

Thanks Gilbertaue for the photos and reviews, most helpful. We are returning in early Feb for couple nights. We stayed before for one night in Plunge Pool room and booked same this time. However I am now thinking to change to Prestige Suite with Pool. My only worry is being nearest the beach, do you face issues of noise at night from parties/weddings?
Many Thanks
Gav0106
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:33 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gav0106
Thanks Gilbertaue for the photos and reviews, most helpful. We are returning in early Feb for couple nights. We stayed before for one night in Plunge Pool room and booked same this time. However I am now thinking to change to Prestige Suite with Pool. My only worry is being nearest the beach, do you face issues of noise at night from parties/weddings?
Many Thanks
Gav0106
Hi Gav0106, yes, you may. Best to check with the hotel. The best choice IMO is the wing which does NOT front the Nikki Beach Club.
I suggest to call the property to check if there is anything planned for that weekend.

Alternatively I can highly recommend the rooms fronting the lagoon pool on the ground floor. To swim around right from your doorstep and up to the bar was nice. But if you need the space, you can't avoid the suites..
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Stay here last January and honestly I was not satisfied with the stay.
And upon reading this thread, apparently its ongoing issue with the hotel.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:06 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Stay here last January and honestly I was not satisfied with the stay.
And upon reading this thread, apparently its ongoing issue with the hotel.
What were you dissatisfied with? Im planning a stay here in April
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Cleanliness mostly, like dusty corners and hard watermarks on the showerheads
The showerhead in my room (Prestige suite with plunge pool) was in quite bad, caked with those hard water marks.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:44 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
The showerhead in my room (Prestige suite with plunge pool) was in quite bad, caked with those hard water marks.

Hi Kaizen7, sorry to hear that. We had some type room and it was fine, no problems with cleanliness. We had a great stay, staff excellent.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:36 am
Suspended

Sorry to hear that too as I dit not experienced that either. I can not say my stay there was great though, but could not complain about the staff
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:02 am

Cant complain abut the staff ... they were good service wise.
About the room, most likely because the room I was in wasn't used very frequently as my friend who got different type of room don't have those issues.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Thanks all for clarifying! Would be staying here in the next couple months!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.