Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
The wedding was on the beach?

Shouldn't the hotel do something to minimize the nuance to other guests?

I was told the weeding will be on 11-14Dec and my stay will be on 14-16Dec. So I am not sure how I will be impacted?

I sent email to the GM for clarification and he is out of office. And the reservation agent has not came back to me also.

Also cancelling not to my favor as I got it during the Sales period and I should get 4x points.
I was not aware of the dates. It looks like the impact should be minimal. Still, you could request a room in the wing on the right side (facing the sea) which is further away from the beach bar playing loud music.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
I was not aware of the dates. It looks like the impact should be minimal. Still, you could request a room in the wing on the right side (facing the sea) which is further away from the beach bar playing loud music.
The reservation agent just replied to me
We wish to inform you that the wedding celebration is until 14 December 2016. Starting from 15th December the condition will be back as normal.

Thus, kindly advise us should you fine with this condition.

At this moment, there is no payment has been charged to your credit card. Should you feel inconvenience with the wedding condition, you may amend your booking into another date.
Seems the party will still extend until 14-Dec. I told her what should I expect. It seems she is not very clear also on what will happen.

Just curious, is there anyway the hotel to indicate this "special" event on the booking engine? To me it is not fair that they are telling me there is such wedding only after I booked it.

Now the sales is over. Should I know this earlier, then I may decide to book some other property during Sales period. So now, even they void my booking, I still lose out, as I have to pay higher rate for other property.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold

Seems the party will still extend until 14-Dec. I told her what should I expect. It seems she is not very clear also on what will happen.

Just curious, is there anyway the hotel to indicate this "special" event on the booking engine? To me it is not fair that they are telling me there is such wedding only after I booked it.

Now the sales is over. Should I know this earlier, then I may decide to book some other property during Sales period. So now, even they void my booking, I still lose out, as I have to pay higher rate for other property.
In some ways, you should be satisfied to have been informed. I was not and I guess one would not be in 99% of the case. As someone mentioned earlier, the Sofitel Nusa Dua did a rather good job in that case.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:25 am

In some ways, you should be satisfied to have been informed. I was not and I guess one would not be in 99% of the case. As someone mentioned earlier, the Sofitel Nusa Dua did a rather good job in that case.
it really depends on how you see it. In a way, I agree with you that they are doing good job by informing me before the arrival.

But the booking has been done and my travel plan has been fixed. They should put an announcement in the booking system, like those hotel under renovation. So that the guest is well informed when they are making the booking.

But seriously, I want them to tell me how "bad" the situation that I should anticipate? If there will be some music up to 10pm, then they should just arrange to put me as far as possible from that source of noise.

To me this "pre-announcement" is just like you have been warned kind of thing.

Perhaps give me that 1 bed room Vila

BTW, I did not see that Vila is listed on the rate on the booking engine. anyone know how to book it?

Last edited by lingua101; Nov 14, 2016 at 2:51 am
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:48 am

the hotel came back and offering "guarantee" upgrade to either Prestige Suite or Pool Access room.

They said the later may be better as the earlier may be noisy. I am not a pool person and normally I don't like pool access as it is less private.

Any suggestion?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:18 am
Suspended

Delete

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 24, 2018 at 1:50 am
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Unless you go to the Sofitel.com page of the Sofitel Sentosa...
Have a look at the very first page

But that's because the hotel is closed for the wedding.
ah ! You got me !!

I seriously don't see what you can complain about. They have been very fair with you and your booking is even after the wedding, and they even offer you to cancel at no fee.

+1. I am quite impressed.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak

I seriously don't see what you can complain about. They have been very fair with you and your booking is even after the wedding, and they even offer you to cancel at no fee.
That's precisely I don't get it. They said the wedding is on 11-14 Dec and I will check in on 14-Dec. In my opinion it should be fine.

The EA confirmed that the final events falls on 14-Dec with expected some noise from big crowd, music and fireworks.

What I am complaining, if the wedding will create so much noise then the hotel should put notification that such events happens, so we can decide to book or not to book, like hotel renovation. (Not sure if this can be done though).

Of course they did a good job by informing me early, I am not denying that. Can you imagine if I book the room on 12-14Dec instead? If I am not fine with the noise, not only I have missed out a chance to book another property during Sales period but I may not able to replan my trip.

I hope you got my point.

Last edited by lingua101; Nov 14, 2016 at 8:57 am
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Jeff_
I'd rather go for the Suite.
Pool Access room is a joke. There is absolutely no privacy.
That's what I thought also. I never book pool access room as I want privacy. Not sure if they tried to stir me to the "cheaper" room. I assume pool access room is cheaper then the prestige suite?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:55 am

That's what I thought also. I never book pool access room as I want privacy. Not sure if they tried to stir me to the "cheaper" room. I assume pool access room is cheaper then the prestige suite?
I prefer Luxury Room Pool Access to Prestige Suite.

It will be a different story if the hotel offer me Prestige Suite with Plunge Pool.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by TeRriii
I prefer Luxury Room Pool Access to Prestige Suite.

It will be a different story if the hotel offer me Prestige Suite with Plunge Pool.
May I know why?

What's the difference?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:53 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
May I know why?

What's the difference?
If you scroll back a couple of pages you'll see my pictures.
Prestige suite are mostly beach facing at the end of the building.
Prestige suite on the ground floor has their own pool (but that's one level up).
Prestige suite has a small kitchenette I think.

I like the lagoon access. But that's personal choice.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
If you scroll back a couple of pages you'll see my pictures.
Prestige suite are mostly beach facing at the end of the building.
Prestige suite on the ground floor has their own pool (but that's one level up).
Prestige suite has a small kitchenette I think.

I like the lagoon access. But that's personal choice.
Ok. That's probably why the EA mentioned that prestige suite room may have noise concern as the wedding should be in beach area.

I never experience Indian wedding. Is the noise level really unmanageable, especially on the final days? I guess this has to stop around 10-11pm? From the email I got, I have impression it will be horrible....
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:22 am

May I know why?

What's the difference?
I really like flowing water sound in Pool Access room. Very relaxing.
And you can swim to pool bar then order a drink.

My advice, if you decide to choose Pool Access Room, try to ask for room near Kwee Zen restaurant.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:34 am
Suspended

Delete

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 24, 2018 at 1:51 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.