Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

What is the platinum upgrade policy if next category upgrade room not available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the platinum upgrade policy if next category upgrade room not available

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: AB Gold, LH FTL, ST ElitePlus, HH Gold, LeClub Plat, Melia Gold
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I cannot imagine that hotels and members of staff do not know anything about a programme which is supposed to be implemented worldwide with massive promotion ...within the hotels themselves.
I had a big surprise while I was checking-in at Novotel Times Square recently, as I overheard another guest's conversation : 'No Sir A-Club does not provide any discount on the online rate, you just get points' so much for programme consistency and familiarity so far (to be fair my check in guy was super nice and gave me a good room with TS view, but it just amazed me that even just one employee wouldn't know the 'new' name of the programme...)
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:08 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Andoreasu
I had a big surprise while I was checking-in at Novotel Times Square recently, as I overheard another guest's conversation : 'No Sir A-Club does not provide any discount on the online rate, you just get points' so much for programme consistency and familiarity so far (to be fair my check in guy was super nice and gave me a good room with TS view, but it just amazed me that even just one employee wouldn't know the 'new' name of the programme...)
He's also wrong about the rate part. Le Club membership does offer better rates these days, up to 10% reduction http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/services/only-on.shtml

It never ceases to amaze me how little front desk staff know about the programme.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by cwl
My experience of multiple rooms (usually travelling with family) as Platinum is a upgrade for only one room although Sofitel hotels sometimes offers an improved view etc for the second room.

Other benefits on 2 room bookings like welcome drinks and lounge access seem to be inconsistent with each hotel setting it own rules. Sofitel usually being more generous than Novotel or Mercure.
I've booked multiple rooms twice as a Platinum and in both cases all rooms were upgraded. In the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly our room was upgraded to a top level suite and the 2nd room was upgraded to the suite the level below (they even gave us 2 drinks vouchers per room to apologise for not giving rooms on the same floor) and that was on a happy mondays booking.

I've had a lot of good luck with Accor but it does seem that Le Club treatment isn't consistent across the brand.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
He's also wrong about the rate part. Le Club membership does offer better rates these days, up to 10% reduction

It never ceases to amaze me how little front desk staff know about the programme.
He may well have been referring, perfectly reasonably, to the hotel he worked in or even that hotel at that time of year; in which case it may well be true. Getting the name wrong though...
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:20 am

I'm from Asia and i would like to say most Asia Hotels Are Quite Generous In Upgrading N Provide Good Service To Platinum Member, Even Ibis Or Ibis Styles, Never Had Any Bad Experience Claiming Benefits or Refuse Upgrade.

Since Im planning a trip to Europe soon for a month and i have checked those review for most of the hotels I'm planning to stay , i would say I'm prepared not to received any of my benefit from those accor property, most of of the reviews for Accor Hotels I have checked, Either Staff Don't Have Any Knowledge Or Don't Even Bother To Treat Their Member Well, Some Property Even Have Review That Reception Is Yelling At Customer which is Scary And Unbelievable.

Im Should Say Im Lucky That Im In Asia

Last edited by annmix2; Dec 28, 2017 at 2:29 am
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:40 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to FT and the Accor forum @annmix2 ^
Goldorak likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:12 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by annmix2
I'm from Asia and i would like to say most Asia Hotels Are Quite Generous In Upgrading N Provide Good Service To Platinum Member, Even Ibis Or Ibis Styles, Never Had Any Bad Experience Claiming Benefits or Refuse Upgrade.

Since Im planning a trip to Europe soon for a month and i have checked those review for most of the hotels I'm planning to stay , i would say I'm prepared not to received any of my benefit from those accor property, most of of the reviews for Accor Hotels I have checked, Either Staff Don't Have Any Knowledge Or Don't Even Bother To Treat Their Member Well, Some Property Even Have Review That Reception Is Yelling At Customer which is Scary And Unbelievable.

Im Should Say Im Lucky That Im In Asia
Well sometimes you are surprised. I just completed two stays in France (Novotel gare de Lyon - mini review posted - and Pullman CDG - mini review to come) where i was treated really well, with upgrades (and in one case a double upgrade). The only thing missing for both was the welcome gift. It contrasts with the hotel I am currently in, technically in Asia, where there are no Accor branding, such is probably their shame to endorse this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.