Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New online "check in"

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
I don't know for sure if this is what the OP is intending but Accor's IT is so terrible, if you OLCI then it has the side effect of changing the booking date to the date that you checked in.

This can sometimes be beneficial in that it can make a reservation made several months ago suddenly appear as if it was made during a promotion period.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:26 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
I registered for the "LCAH February Promotion" (1000+2000+4000 points) well within the registration window and made three pre-paid bookings on the 8th and 9th of March.

I had my first stay on the 28th of March and points posted without the 1,000 bonus points. A few days later I submitted a missing points request and the reply was that "your reservation was on 26/03/2015 which doesn't respond to the criteria request to benefit from the bonus points".

I wrote back that I had made the reservation on the 9th of March and hence it should be eligible. I then received the following reply: "we found that your stay at [....] on March 28-29, 2015 was originally booked on March 9, 2015 but was modified or amended on March 26, 2015".

That does not make any sense, since it was a pre-paid rate and no changes are permitted.

I did however use the online-check-in on the 26th of March, 2 days before my stay. The only thing I can think of is that the on-line check-in somehow set the reservation status to "modified" and changed the booking date to 26 March.

A couple of emails later the issue has now been resolved, and the 1,000 points posted to my account. But I suggest to be cautious when using the on-line check in if you have registered for any special bonuses.

Does anyone have similar experiences?
The saga goes on.

This weekend I had my second stay for this promotion. No OLCI. Guess what - I got 1.000 bonus points instead of 3.000. Obviously the correction was done manually and the system is unaware of this. I responded to the previous email correspondence, explaining that I should get 3.000 points for this stay now and attached the hotel bill.

Let's see how that goes....
Old Jun 11, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
This weekend I had my second stay for this promotion. No OLCI. Guess what - I got 1.000 bonus points instead of 3.000. Obviously the correction was done manually and the system is unaware of this. I responded to the previous email correspondence, explaining that I should get 3.000 points for this stay now and attached the hotel bill.

Let's see how that goes....
I got a reply within two days and points have already posted.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:53 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello everyone!

I am hear with some goof news All your issues were heard and understood by the team who have been busily working behind the scenes any problems to do with the online check-ins. The problem has been fixed and the service fully functioning, all bonuses will be credited and the service will hopefully make your lives simpler

If anyone has anymore issues do not hesitate to get in touch with me via private message so I can have the team look into things.

Best,

Amy
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello everyone!

I am hear with some goof news All your issues were heard and understood by the team who have been busily working behind the scenes any problems to do with the online check-ins. The problem has been fixed and the service fully functioning, all bonuses will be credited and the service will hopefully make your lives simpler

If anyone has anymore issues do not hesitate to get in touch with me via private message so I can have the team look into things.

Best,

Amy
How do I obtain goof status within Le Club Accor so I can benefit from this?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello everyone!

Best,

Amy
Thnak you Amy
waiting now for my missing bonus points to be credited !
Old Jun 23, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thnak you Amy
Me too but i'm only on my second email so far !
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:33 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello again,

If anyone is still having issues or missing bonus points following the online booking tool could you please send me a private message containing your membership info and the dates concerned by the points?

Thank you

Amy
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thnak you Amy
My missing bonus points have now been credited
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: All Diamond
My missing bonus points have now been credited
Unfortunately mine have not but it's nice to see someone's problems have been solved .I live in hope !
Old Jun 27, 2015, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by sycokid
Unfortunately mine have not but it's nice to see someone's problems have been solved .I live in hope !
There are likely many people impacted. So it may take some time.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:07 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Would this notional re-booking also invalidate any cash-back tracking? That seems likely to me if the system creates a new booking.

More importantly will the fix ensure that this doesn't happen?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:20 am

Android app shows full points history etc.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
[QUOTE=Cheetah_SA;25041690]Would this notional re-booking also invalidate any cash-back tracking? That seems likely to me if the system creates a new booking.

I got same issue with cash-back tracking.
It was easier to solve the problem with Mastercard than trying to explain it to Accor team.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Any advantages for the customer?

I'm coming up to my first Sofitel stay since turning Plat.
Having read this thread with interest I still can't understand why I'd want to use the accor online check-in?
The main potential advantage might be selecting my room (like HiltonHonors now offer), yet I see no mention of this.

In any half organised Mercure / Pullman property desk check-in has always been a matter of seconds. So not seeing much scope for a time gain.

I've read some downsides to using check-in which may or may not have all been fixed.

So what upsides am I missing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.