Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New online "check in"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I don't know about everyone else but I don't have e-mail notification (with a sound) on my phone. It is certainly possible to have your phone on ring and have your e-mail on silent! Or you could surely access your work e-mail from your silent personal phone and keep your work phone on ring?!! I doubt Accor would change their e-mail send times as these will be programmed by the system and will vary from hotel-to-hotel. Besides, different customers may be in different time zones before/after check out. Perhaps they should just put all the information (bill etc) in our profile under the stay history?

Finally, yes, the bill is very useful, especially if Accor don't credit the points! I always request a paper copy of the bill just in case. If you're on business, then surely you'll need a bill to claim / for proof?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I don't know about everyone else but I don't have e-mail notification (with a sound) on my phone. It is certainly possible to have your phone on ring and have your e-mail on silent! Or you could surely access your work e-mail from your silent personal phone and keep your work phone on ring?!! I doubt Accor would change their e-mail send times as these will be programmed by the system and will vary from hotel-to-hotel. Besides, different customers may be in different time zones before/after check out. Perhaps they should just put all the information (bill etc) in our profile under the stay history?

Finally, yes, the bill is very useful, especially if Accor don't credit the points! I always request a paper copy of the bill just in case. If you're on business, then surely you'll need a bill to claim / for proof?
It is certainly possible on a regular mobile phone, however due to apps and programmes on it that we require the settings menu is locked, the tablet I have is the same and the camera/video functions are also disabled whilst no work email is allowed on personal devices. I can turn the volume up/down/off using the control on the side of the phone but if I turn one off I turn the other off which is a pain. This was done at the request of the Gambling Commission and the DCMS due to the sensitive customer and security information that we access.

The emails being sent with the folio are not programmed for a certain time as they arrive at different times from the same hotel on occasions. It's obviously linked to the system end of day being run In the hotel and that is obviously dependant on when the last guest checks in and the staff remembering to do it.

Yes I always get a copy of the final bill as a matter of course when checking out for work purposes, more often than not since the introduction of OLCI an email of the final bill is also sent after checking out. It's the running bill in the middle of the night I don't see the point in not the final one which is the most useful one as it shows the bill has been settled and is the one we would use should we need to raise a points dispute as any running one sent in the middle of the night have things added to and removed.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Accor somehow also manages to get every stay I book into my Google calendar and get automatic notifications 10 mins prior to the stay of the start... which according to the data they send my calendar (or my calendar reads automatically from their email) starts at midnight.

So I get a neat beep at 23:50 every night before I leave, sometimes on a 6:00 AM flight.

Maybe it's my Google calendar issue, but perhaps they could make it so that the stay counts from nominal check-in time, or simply make Google Calendar remind me a week or a day in advance. BTW, what are the chances somebody FORGETS they have a hotel stay booked?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by JTCz
So I get a neat beep at 23:50 every night before I leave, sometimes on a 6:00 AM flight.
What about just switching off (the sound on) that alarm, rather than blaming Accor for this...?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by JTCz
Accor somehow also manages to get every stay I book into my Google calendar and get automatic notifications 10 mins prior to the stay of the start... which according to the data they send my calendar (or my calendar reads automatically from their email) starts at midnight.

Maybe it's my Google calendar issue, but perhaps they could make it so that the stay counts from nominal check-in time, or simply make Google Calendar remind me a week or a day in advance. BTW, what are the chances somebody FORGETS they have a hotel stay booked?
Are the booking emails going to your Gmail? Could be that Google is pulling the information from your emails to create the calender event, it certainly was for mine until I disabled it as I prefer to put them in manually. I can't remember off the top of my head where in settings it was to turn it off though.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I'm just about to leave to the airport for Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay. A few days ago I got an online check in e-mail, which worked smoothly but it may not really work for Plats as the earliest check in is 12 (noon), however, it still shows the message box to the hotel so individual requirements might get through to reception that way. I guess it's just going to help them fill in the information more quickly (passport info etc). Apart from that, all our info is in our profile so I don't see the benefit.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Just received my "online check in" invitation for the first time. Was curious about it but saw that they want me to add my ID number (mandatory field). I was never ask for my ID when checking in a hotel in my home country, so why shoud I add the ID online?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by krausolany
Just received my "online check in" invitation for the first time. Was curious about it but saw that they want me to add my ID number (mandatory field). I was never ask for my ID when checking in a hotel in my home country, so why shoud I add the ID online?
This field is probably more aimed to foreigners. So now, it's up to you to decide if you want to proceed with this OLCI process with your ID number, or if you want to wait to to it traditionally at the hotel.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:37 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Online check-in may change original booking date?

I registered for the "LCAH February Promotion" (1000+2000+4000 points) well within the registration window and made three pre-paid bookings on the 8th and 9th of March.

I had my first stay on the 28th of March and points posted without the 1,000 bonus points. A few days later I submitted a missing points request and the reply was that "your reservation was on 26/03/2015 which doesn't respond to the criteria request to benefit from the bonus points".

I wrote back that I had made the reservation on the 9th of March and hence it should be eligible. I then received the following reply: "we found that your stay at [....] on March 28-29, 2015 was originally booked on March 9, 2015 but was modified or amended on March 26, 2015".

That does not make any sense, since it was a pre-paid rate and no changes are permitted.

I did however use the online-check-in on the 26th of March, 2 days before my stay. The only thing I can think of is that the on-line check-in somehow set the reservation status to "modified" and changed the booking date to 26 March.

A couple of emails later the issue has now been resolved, and the 1,000 points posted to my account. But I suggest to be cautious when using the on-line check in if you have registered for any special bonuses.

Does anyone have similar experiences?

Last edited by DuMaInSin; Apr 16, 2015 at 2:38 am
Old May 1, 2015, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
I registered for the "LCAH February Promotion" (1000+2000+4000 points) well within the registration window and made three pre-paid bookings on the 8th and 9th of March.

I had my first stay on the 28th of March and points posted without the 1,000 bonus points. A few days later I submitted a missing points request and the reply was that "your reservation was on 26/03/2015 which doesn't respond to the criteria request to benefit from the bonus points".

I wrote back that I had made the reservation on the 9th of March and hence it should be eligible. I then received the following reply: "we found that your stay at [....] on March 28-29, 2015 was originally booked on March 9, 2015 but was modified or amended on March 26, 2015".

That does not make any sense, since it was a pre-paid rate and no changes are permitted.

I did however use the online-check-in on the 26th of March, 2 days before my stay. The only thing I can think of is that the on-line check-in somehow set the reservation status to "modified" and changed the booking date to 26 March.

A couple of emails later the issue has now been resolved, and the 1,000 points posted to my account. But I suggest to be cautious when using the on-line check in if you have registered for any special bonuses.

Does anyone have similar experiences?
Allthough I don't like it, I can confirm your theory.

Two stays where I checked in online, didn't post for the bonus.
One stay without online check-in, was posted correctly with bonus.
Old May 1, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by Belgium
Allthough I don't like it, I can confirm your theory.
Thanks.

Meanwhile others have reported the same issue, so we can safely recommend NOT to use on line check-in if you have registered for any active promotions for which the registration deadline has already passed.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: All Diamond
Can anyone please direct me to a list participating hotels in Australia where i can check in on line please ? May be able to snag myself a few extra points from a booking i made at the end of last year which is of no significance regarding promotions but may alter things in my favour regarding 4x platinum bonus ! @:-)
Old May 27, 2015, 1:46 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by sycokid
Can anyone please direct me to a list participating hotels in Australia where i can check in on line please ? May be able to snag myself a few extra points from a booking i made at the end of last year which is of no significance regarding promotions but may alter things in my favour regarding 4x platinum bonus ! @:-)
As at 16th March 2015

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/pdf/le...ut-welcome.pdf
Old May 27, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by cwl
Just my luck no Mercure Canberra on the list ! Many thanks for your efforts though !^
Old May 27, 2015, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sycokid
Just curious : why is the OLCI feature so important in your choice ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.