Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels leaving Accor

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:22 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JTCz
The "Duesseldorf" Swissotel was in Neuss, and was far below par for the brand. Admittedly though, Accor could use a premium property in town.
Was planning to put up there while I was at work and the ladies could walk over to the Rhein Center which they like. Reading the reviews of the Crown it doesn't sound Flash. But at least better than anything else in the city AH offers?
There was a nice Mercure 5min tram ride south of the Königsallee, but that's now a Best Western I think.
The 25H chain doesn't give points or benefits so that's out too.
Crossing my fingers that the Nikko works out. At least its just 10mins to the shops for my family.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:29 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by starflyergold
The hotel is closing at the end of November (to be turned into offices).

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/b.../22759968.html
I guess that's not surprising with the Sofitel across the road however the Swissotel was a good place to stay and the Sofitel is really far below standard for the brand on all fronts. It's one I won't return to.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:22 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Not that anybody will miss it, but the Mercure Tel Aviv left Accor a few months ago and is now the BY 14 TLV Hotel. Based on pictures it was renovated nicely.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:07 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Hey, I miss it, I want an Accor hotel in TLV!
2P or not 2P and craigc like this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:37 am

Ibis Styles Stockholm Järva

Currently at this hotel and there is a notice posted at reception in Swedish which is a printout from the link below. This 1 of the remaining 3 Accor properties in Sweden will become Best Western from October 2018. Not sure if the other will stay since they have the same owner to my understanding .

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/best-we...esorts-2674380

PS. Sorry there should be 3 before this left Accor. I forgot there is also one ibis in Stockholm besides the ibis Styles

Last edited by patrickw; Oct 9, 2018 at 5:33 am
Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by patrickw
Currently at this hotel and there is a notice posted at reception in Swedish which is a printout from the link below. This 1 of the remaining 2 Accor properties in Sweden will become Best Western from October 2018. Not sure if the other will stay since they have the same owner to my understanding .

Ibis Styles Stockholm Järva gĺr till Best Western Hotels & Resorts - Best Western Hotels & Resorts i Skandinavien
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:25 am

pulmann palmeraie marrakech no longer accor after 6 januari
got email today in france and english
hour later all my reservations next year were canceled
greetings kees
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:08 pm

Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside (near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)

The most recent review on TripAdvisor contains the following sentence:

"As the staff on site said, the hotel is unfortunately sold in the 1 quarter of 2019 to another hotel chain."

I have a prepaid booking there next February and have emailed the FO to seek clarification.

Very sad to lose this property if true.

Additional information:

Final date as a Pullman is 28 February . . . no decision yet on new branding. I called the hotel but could only speak to a junior staff member. Am still trying to make contact with senior staff.

Actually my Stay finishes before the rebranding date but am a bit concerned that the most experienced Accor people will be gone by that time. What a pity.
tris06 likes this.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Oct 9, 2018 at 8:42 pm Reason: Additional information
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside (near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)

The most recent review on TripAdvisor contains the following sentence:

"As the staff on site said, the hotel is unfortunately sold in the 1 quarter of 2019 to another hotel chain."

I have a prepaid booking there next February and have emailed the FO to seek clarification.

Very sad to lose this property if true.

Additional information:

Final date as a Pullman is 28 February . . . no decision yet on new branding. I called the hotel but could only speak to a junior staff member. Am still trying to make contact with senior staff.

Actually my Stay finishes before the rebranding date but am a bit concerned that the most experienced Accor people will be gone by that time. What a pity.
yes, i called a+ office they told me the same, by end of feb2019
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:07 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Finally. What a white elephant that property is.

​​​​
Firsttime4me2 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Novotel in Busan South Korea seems to have left as of 1st of Janaury 2019.
Main web page is down and it's not listed on results anymore on the accor website.

I never stayed there, but I saw it from outside.
It was as close as you can get (without being in the sand or water) at the famous Haeundae beach in Busan.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Mercure Sevilla Havana (Cuba) leaving now. Usual Accor CS crap

Received an email from Accor on Jan 2nd 2019 that the hotel left on Dec 31st 2018. I made the booking several months back for Feb of this year. In the email it is said that my reservation is secured and valid but no Leclub benefits.
I send an email that it is short notice.
I am called back quickly (one day after) to say that the reservation has disappeared in fact and is nowhere to be found.
Yesterday, another email saying that Accor cannot help me after all and my email (in french) was transmitted to the hotel for clarification (without my authorisation).
So basically, go away, nothing to see here. If plats are treated like this I dare not think how silvers are (go to Paris to get whipped)?
I will not say that I will transfer all my nights elsewhere but some of them certainly (especially where there is competition like London)
Disappointing
Lefrid
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:18 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

We understand that the deadline is short and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware that this type of event may annoy our customers, however, the law strictly prohibits to communicate this type of information to customers before the D day.
We make every effort to help our members when faced with this kind of unforeseen situation while complying with legal constraints.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Amy
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:05 am

In early October 2018 it was revealed on TripAdvisor that Pullman Putrajaya (Kuala Lumpur) would leave Accor.

I've recently heard from someone with links to the property that it will be reflagged as a Double Tree by Hilton, beating Courtyard by Marriott as the other main contender.

This makes sense as there are far more Marriott than Hilton properties in KL.

Only one month to go so I suppose this is a good lead. However, probably better for Hilton Loyalists to call the property before making bookings as nothing officially announced yet.

Maybe another KL regular has heard something ?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
In early October 2018 it was revealed on TripAdvisor that Pullman Putrajaya (Kuala Lumpur) would leave Accor.

I've recently heard from someone with links to the property that it will be reflagged as a Double Tree by Hilton, beating Courtyard by Marriott as the other main contender.

This makes sense as there are far more Marriott than Hilton properties in KL.

Only one month to go so I suppose this is a good lead. However, probably better for Hilton Loyalists to call the property before making bookings as nothing officially announced yet.

Maybe another KL regular has heard something ?
One of the local A+ agent told me it might rebrand to Grand Mercure.

at the same time a restaurant manager in Pullman Klcc also saying the same, I am not sure all these came from a same source or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.