Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Goldorak
This wiki is a quick reference resource for Sofitel hotel lounges. (There is a separate thread for non-Sofitel Accor hotel lounges.)

Please feel free to edit this wiki in order to (i) add content and (ii) experiment with ways to give a useful structure to the information in the thread.

The Sofitel website lists the following hotels as having a Club Millsime:
  • Legend Metropole Hanoi. Pictures of the lounge and offering can be seen in post #53 here
  • Rio de Janeiro Copacabana (now closed and no longer a Sofitel when reopens)
  • Athens Airport
  • Abidjan
  • Budapest Chain Bridge. Pictures can be seen here
  • Bangkok Sukhumvit - Very nice lounge with extensive breakfast. Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Cairo El Gezirah
  • Dubai Jumeirah Beach
  • Dubai Downtown. Pictures of the lounge can be seen in the hotel review thread
  • Philippine Plaza Manila
  • Guangzhou Sunrich
  • Shanghai Sheshan Oriental - Very large lounge, overrun on weekends. Large balcony for outside seating.
  • Mumbai BKC
  • Phnom Penh Phokeethra. Pictures can be seen here
  • Angkor Phokeethra (Siem Reap, Cambodia)
  • Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa sea & spa
  • Rabat Jardin des Roses
  • So Bangkok - Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Macau Ponte 16 - Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Dongguan Humen Oriental
  • Abu Dhabi Corniche. Pictures of the lounge can be seen in the hotel review thread
  • Shanghai Jing An Huamin (2013)
  • Jinan Silver Plaza (new renovated lounge as Millesime Lounge starting 14 Oct 2013) - Pictures can be seen in the hotel's dedicated thread
  • Auckland Viaduct Harbour (no lounge at this property)
  • Nusa Dua Bali (pictures in post #74)
  • Krabi

Others that spring to mind, including some branded as Club Sofitel rather than Club Millsime and some with ambiguous branding, are:
  • Saigon Plaza -- several positive mentions for the lounge in the hotel's dedicated thread
  • Heathrow T5 -- following the programme changes Platinum members now get access but may need to request it. United747 was underwhelmed by the lounge, located on ground floor, entry using keycard.
    According to the welcome letter the Heathrow T5 lounge offers:
    06:30-10:00 light continental breakfast
    15:00-16:30 afternoon tea
    18:00-20:00 evening canaps (incl. alcohol)
  • Gatwick
  • Brisbane
  • Melbourne on Collins -- NOW granting access as a Platinum benefit
  • Sydney Wentworth (Australia)
    Excellent full service lounge open 6:30am to 10:30pm, 7 Days a week. Private reception area with dedicated Club Sofitel checkin and checkout (go straight to the 5th floor on arrival). Continental+ breakfast served 6:30am-10:30am daily (extended to 11am on weekends and public holidays). All day refreshments. Afternoon tea with excellent desserts daily from 2:30pm to 4:30pm. Evening cocktails and canapes with extensive selection of food (including hot food) and alcohol 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Shower services available for early departure/late arrival. There are actually 3 large rooms that make up the club including an entrance so always a lot of space and natural light.
  • Sydney Darling Harbour
  • Hyland Shanghai - great views of Najing Road. Limited evening canapes.
  • Xi An on Renimin Square - nice and cosy lounge
  • Berlin Kurfrstendamm (opened 02/2014) -Small lounge, limits access at busy times to club rooms only
  • Forebase Chongqing (26th floor, ok views, good food)
  • Chengdu (Wanda/Taihe) (23rd floor, nice river-views, ok-ish food)
  • Beijing (Wanda) nice, spacious lounge, food offerings rather strange though (and sometimes dried out)
  • Hangzhou Westlake - lovely views of westlake, adequate little snacks in the evening (definitely not replacing dinner.), small but nice breakfast buffet in the morning -> egg dishes ON REQUEST (but not actively offered)
Print Wikipost

Sofitel master lounge thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
So how would you compare the Sofitel Gatwick to the Sofitel Heathrow lounge and overall? I assume the lounge previously was about the same as Heathrow or worse?

I often saw their prices are cheaper. I am also likely to fly out of the south terminal.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
thank you! I'll report back
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: LH-SEN
Originally Posted by tris06
So how would you compare the Sofitel Gatwick to the Sofitel Heathrow lounge and overall? I assume the lounge previously was about the same as Heathrow or worse?

I often saw their prices are cheaper. I am also likely to fly out of the south terminal.
Lounge at LHR far better than LGW in my opinion.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have updated the wiki to add Sofitel Angkor and to add links to review threads for Sofitel Dubai and Sofitel Abu Dhabi in which lounge pictures can be found.
BinSabai and 1flyer like this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Is there a master list on flyertalk of Sofitels that do NOT have a lounge ?
Just found out the Sofitel in Frankfurt does not have a lounge at all.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Is there a master list on flyertalk of Sofitels that do NOT have a lounge ?
Just found out the Sofitel in Frankfurt does not have a lounge at all.
Would be quite complicated to maintain such a long list. Better to have a positive list (for all brands), that you can find here :
https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/u...index.en.shtml
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Would be quite complicated to maintain such a long list. Better to have a positive list (for all brands), that you can find here :
https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/u...index.en.shtml

Thanks for the reply.
Didn't realise there are so many Sofitels without a lounge.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Thanks for the reply.
Didn't realise there are so many Sofitels without a lounge.
Basically, you can keep in mind that most top tier hotels in Asia have a lounge, while very few hotels have one in RoW. It is a pity to see that not a single hotel has a lounge in France and North America
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Basically, you can keep in mind that most top tier hotels in Asia have a lounge, while very few hotels have one in RoW. It is a pity to see that not a single hotel has a lounge in France and North America
If you want lounges outside Asia, Accor ain't the right program. For example, Hilton has much better lounge coverage in Europe than Accor. Some other brands come to mind for RoW as well (Hyatt, Sheraton).
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:04 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum

I really can't see why not even 1 of the 3/4 Sofitel's in Paris could support a lounge. Of course there is demand for it and you could charge extra for the service.
Maybe it is more profitable to get people into the restaurants instead? I personally rarely eat in a restaurant in the hotel if there are many nearby options.
How are other chains in having lounges in Europe?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:09 am
Suspended

How are other chains in having lounges in Europe?
As posted above, some other chains are better. You just have to check the respective threads for the other programs.

E.g., Hilton has 5 lounges in France, 6 or 7 in Germany, around 10 in Italy, 15+ in the UK, etc.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:15 am
Suspended

It seems I'm not allowed to edit posts. I wanted to add that Marriott has even more lounges in Europe (Netherlands, Germany, Austria etc. etc.)
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I really can't see why not even 1 of the 3/4 Sofitel's in Paris could support a lounge. Of course there is demand for it and you could charge extra for the service.
Agreed.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:05 pm

Sofitel Wellington

Having just been staying in the Sofitel in Wellington, it looks like Club Sofitel is launching with a lounge at some point next year. It's listed on their website now.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Freightman
Having just been staying in the Sofitel in Wellington, it looks like Club Sofitel is launching with a lounge at some point next year. It's listed on their website now.
How wonderful, thanks for sharing!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.