Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Goldorak
This wiki is a quick reference resource for Sofitel hotel lounges. (There is a separate thread for non-Sofitel Accor hotel lounges.)

Please feel free to edit this wiki in order to (i) add content and (ii) experiment with ways to give a useful structure to the information in the thread.

The Sofitel website lists the following hotels as having a Club Millésime:
  • Legend Metropole Hanoi. Pictures of the lounge and offering can be seen in post #53 here
  • Rio de Janeiro Copacabana (now closed and no longer a Sofitel when reopens)
  • Athens Airport
  • Abidjan
  • Budapest Chain Bridge. Pictures can be seen here
  • Bangkok Sukhumvit - Very nice lounge with extensive breakfast. Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Cairo El Gezirah
  • Dubai Jumeirah Beach
  • Dubai Downtown. Pictures of the lounge can be seen in the hotel review thread
  • Philippine Plaza Manila
  • Guangzhou Sunrich
  • Shanghai Sheshan Oriental - Very large lounge, overrun on weekends. Large balcony for outside seating.
  • Mumbai BKC
  • Phnom Penh Phokeethra. Pictures can be seen here
  • Angkor Phokeethra (Siem Reap, Cambodia)
  • Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa sea & spa
  • Rabat Jardin des Roses
  • So Bangkok - Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Macau Ponte 16 - Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Dongguan Humen Oriental
  • Abu Dhabi Corniche. Pictures of the lounge can be seen in the hotel review thread
  • Shanghai Jing An Huamin (2013)
  • Jinan Silver Plaza (new renovated lounge as Millesime Lounge starting 14 Oct 2013) - Pictures can be seen in the hotel's dedicated thread
  • Auckland Viaduct Harbour (no lounge at this property)
  • Nusa Dua Bali (pictures in post #74)
  • Krabi

Others that spring to mind, including some branded as Club Sofitel rather than Club Millésime and some with ambiguous branding, are:
  • Saigon Plaza -- several positive mentions for the lounge in the hotel's dedicated thread
  • Heathrow T5 -- following the programme changes Platinum members now get access but may need to request it. United747 was underwhelmed by the lounge, located on ground floor, entry using keycard.
    According to the welcome letter the Heathrow T5 lounge offers:
    06:30-10:00 light continental breakfast
    15:00-16:30 afternoon tea
    18:00-20:00 evening canapés (incl. alcohol)
  • Gatwick
  • Brisbane
  • Melbourne on Collins -- NOW granting access as a Platinum benefit
  • Sydney Wentworth (Australia)
    Excellent full service lounge open 6:30am to 10:30pm, 7 Days a week. Private reception area with dedicated Club Sofitel checkin and checkout (go straight to the 5th floor on arrival). Continental+ breakfast served 6:30am-10:30am daily (extended to 11am on weekends and public holidays). All day refreshments. Afternoon tea with excellent desserts daily from 2:30pm to 4:30pm. Evening cocktails and canapes with extensive selection of food (including hot food) and alcohol 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Shower services available for early departure/late arrival. There are actually 3 large rooms that make up the club including an entrance so always a lot of space and natural light.
  • Sydney Darling Harbour
  • Hyland Shanghai - great views of Najing Road. Limited evening canapes.
  • Xi An on Renimin Square - nice and cosy lounge
  • Berlin Kurfürstendamm (opened 02/2014) -Small lounge, limits access at busy times to club rooms only
  • Forebase Chongqing (26th floor, ok views, good food)
  • Chengdu (Wanda/Taihe) (23rd floor, nice river-views, ok-ish food)
  • Beijing (Wanda) nice, spacious lounge, food offerings rather strange though (and sometimes dried out)
  • Hangzhou Westlake - lovely views of westlake, adequate little snacks in the evening (definitely not replacing dinner.), small but nice breakfast buffet in the morning -> egg dishes ON REQUEST (but not actively offered)
Print Wikipost

Sofitel master lounge thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:11 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by Rasmus3s
Well that does sound nice with the proper bar and library.

Any idea how Asian Sofitels compare to other upscale business hotels?
Everyone will have their own opinions on where they rate the Sofitel brand.

IMO

Sofitel hotels as with most brands are generally better especially in terms of service in Asia compared to other regions.

Within those parameters the Sofitel brand varies between 4*+ and 5*- although there are a couple of stand out Sofitel hotels which could be classed as true luxury properties.

Comparing brands in general terms they rank below Four Seasons. Kempinski, Ritz Carleton, Raffles etc.

The better Sofitel hotels - on a par with JW Marriott, Grand Hyatt, Waldorf Astoria etc.

The weaker properties - more in line with Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt.

Same applies with the various Sofitel lounges. Not the best of the best but vary between very good and simply functional.

Whilst all Sofitel should be equal some are more equal than others.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by cwl

IMO

Sofitel hotels as with most brands are generally better especially in terms of service in Asia compared to other regions.

Within those parameters the Sofitel brand varies between 4*+ and 5*- although there are a couple of stand out Sofitel hotels which could be classed as true luxury properties.

Comparing brands in general terms they rank below Four Seasons. Kempinski, Ritz Carleton, Raffles etc.

The better Sofitel hotels - on a par with JW Marriott, Grand Hyatt, Waldorf Astoria etc.

Same applies with the various Sofitel lounges. Not the best of the best but vary between very good and simply functional.

Thank you for your assessment of the brand.

I hope the 2 new Sofitels in Singapore and in Kuala Lumpur are more on level with the better JW Marriotts and Conrads than a normal Hilton or Marriott. They certainly charge premium rates. The Singapore one is priced on level with Shangri-La and the Intercontinental and the one in Kuala Lumpur is priced the same as the Hilton for entry level rooms and the same as Trader's for a club room, despite the Sofitel being out in the middle of nowhere, badly located for tourists and only good for the people with business in the vicinity. Though I don't personally mind for this trip since I just need a base to do some day trips to different places.

But I really hope they offer something more in their lounges than just a typical Hilton, Marriott or Hyatt, given the other options available at the same price with better locations.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:15 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Rasmus3s
Thank you for your assessment of the brand.

I hope the 2 new Sofitels in Singapore and in Kuala Lumpur are more on level with the better JW Marriotts and Conrads than a normal Hilton or Marriott. They certainly charge premium rates. The Singapore one is priced on level with Shangri-La and the Intercontinental and the one in Kuala Lumpur is priced the same as the Hilton for entry level rooms and the same as Trader's for a club room, despite the Sofitel being out in the middle of nowhere, badly located for tourists and only good for the people with business in the vicinity. Though I don't personally mind for this trip since I just need a base to do some day trips to different places.

But I really hope they offer something more in their lounges than just a typical Hilton, Marriott or Hyatt, given the other options available at the same price with better locations.
Being the "forever Accorhotels optimist", I have high hopes for the Singapore property. It will certainly be a flagship property. Accorhotels APAC has their HQ in the adjoining office building and I am 100% sure that Accorhotels will make sure this Sofitel is the creme de la creme in the region.

The Singapore property is certainly a Business hotels - and for that the location is great. It in the Financial district, also in an area with many International marketing firms. It sits on top of the Tanjong Pagar MRT station and also makes travelling via the MRT very convenient.
uggboy likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by cwl

IMO

Interesting, as it really is subjective. Personally, I tend to find (in the aftermath of the mass rebranding exercise they started about 10 years ago) that the average Sofitel is more Ritz Carlton. The below average to be JW Marriott quality with only a few standouts as Hilton/Marriott quality. The three poor ones I can think of are the two London airports and Taba. Although, to be fair, I would never consider the average Ritz Carlton to be on par with the average Four Seasons, Kempinski or Raffles. But I definitely think that post-rebranding, the vast majority of Sofitels are 5 star hotels, well above your typical Marriott or Hilton.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Interesting, as it really is subjective. Personally, I tend to find (in the aftermath of the mass rebranding exercise they started about 10 years ago) that the average Sofitel is more Ritz Carlton. The below average to be JW Marriott quality with only a few standouts as Hilton/Marriott quality. The three poor ones I can think of are the two London airports and Taba. Although, to be fair, I would never consider the average Ritz Carlton to be on par with the average Four Seasons, Kempinski or Raffles. But I definitely think that post-rebranding, the vast majority of Sofitels are 5 star hotels, well above your typical Marriott or Hilton.
You are refering to the quality of the hotels? Service and hard product?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor Platinum, BW Diamond
New 5* hotel at Malaysia with Club Millesime – Sofitel Kuala Lumpur Damansara.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Narayen
New 5* hotel at Malaysia with Club Millesime – Sofitel Kuala Lumpur Damansara.
Except I just checked in today for 4 nights and the lounge is not yet open because "not enough customers who would have access to it are staying here yet". Really annoying after I called a few days ago and they told me it would be open. Was told at check-in that it would open in a couple of weeks.

Happy hour drinks in the lobby bar instead but I'm assuming no food items will be available.

I won't be extending my stay.

**** Update ****
Service in the lobby bar was pretty good. Free drinks from the happy hour drinks menu (including champagne) and they provided some dim sum for food. On balance I preferred the spread at the lounge at the Pullman Bangsar but I have to accept this is day 2 of them being operational.

Last edited by Varus50; Aug 13, 2017 at 6:19 am
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
a pitty that this thread is not sticky!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor Platinum, BW Diamond
Hi guys, i am at Sofitel Kuala Lumpur and it's gorgeous.
Lounge is on the 22nd floor of 23 floors. It is very big as on this floor is just lounge itself. View is none as on every corner is another high building. However service is brilliant.
There are bf 6-11am, afternoon tea 2-4pm and evening cocktails with canapes 5-8pm.
Check some pics from iphone. Later I add better pics from camera.
Attached Images      
uggboy and BinSabai like this.

Last edited by Narayen; Sep 21, 2017 at 7:41 pm
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
thanks Narayen. Food looks great, what about the Lounge?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
+ Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour - Club Millesime

>

=> http://www.sofitelsydneydarlingharbo...lub-millesime/

Will be testing/tasting it On Dec. 1-3 later this year.

Julien
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
have any platinums had an issue with getting access to the gatwick lounge? i'm a little concerned that it isn't listed on the accor site.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: LH-SEN
Originally Posted by sarahluv
have any platinums had an issue with getting access to the gatwick lounge? i'm a little concerned that it isn't listed on the accor site.
Only in terms of finding it, no problem thereafter! Think I walked round 350 degrees of the floor before I stumbled upon it.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:45 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by sarahluv
I understand it was closed for a limited refurbishment over the summer but has now reopened.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by cwl
I understand it was closed for a limited refurbishment over the summer but has now reopened.
We were there over the closure/refurb period and even then Sofitel provided a cordoned off area on the checkin floor as a temporary lounge. A bit haphazard (especially clearing up used crockery but rectified with a change of staff) but much better than nothing!

We often fly BA from LGW and always stayed at the Sofitel overnight before a morning flight while BA was at the North terminal. When BA changed to South terminal we (only once!) stayed at the Hilton (I was diamond at the time with Club access) - it was like a zoo! Since then we have scuttled back to the Sofitel even though we have to use the "train" to and from the terminals.

I'd be interested to see what the refurbished lounge is like.

Incidentally we've never had a problem with lounge access and upgrades there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.