Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Goldorak
This wiki is a quick reference resource for Sofitel hotel lounges. (There is a separate thread for non-Sofitel Accor hotel lounges.)

Please feel free to edit this wiki in order to (i) add content and (ii) experiment with ways to give a useful structure to the information in the thread.

The Sofitel website lists the following hotels as having a Club Millésime:
  • Legend Metropole Hanoi. Pictures of the lounge and offering can be seen in post #53 here
  • Rio de Janeiro Copacabana (now closed and no longer a Sofitel when reopens)
  • Athens Airport
  • Abidjan
  • Budapest Chain Bridge. Pictures can be seen here
  • Bangkok Sukhumvit - Very nice lounge with extensive breakfast. Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Cairo El Gezirah
  • Dubai Jumeirah Beach
  • Dubai Downtown. Pictures of the lounge can be seen in the hotel review thread
  • Philippine Plaza Manila
  • Guangzhou Sunrich
  • Shanghai Sheshan Oriental - Very large lounge, overrun on weekends. Large balcony for outside seating.
  • Mumbai BKC
  • Phnom Penh Phokeethra. Pictures can be seen here
  • Angkor Phokeethra (Siem Reap, Cambodia)
  • Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa sea & spa
  • Rabat Jardin des Roses
  • So Bangkok - Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Macau Ponte 16 - Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Dongguan Humen Oriental
  • Abu Dhabi Corniche. Pictures of the lounge can be seen in the hotel review thread
  • Shanghai Jing An Huamin (2013)
  • Jinan Silver Plaza (new renovated lounge as Millesime Lounge starting 14 Oct 2013) - Pictures can be seen in the hotel's dedicated thread
  • Auckland Viaduct Harbour (no lounge at this property)
  • Nusa Dua Bali (pictures in post #74)
  • Krabi

Others that spring to mind, including some branded as Club Sofitel rather than Club Millésime and some with ambiguous branding, are:
  • Saigon Plaza -- several positive mentions for the lounge in the hotel's dedicated thread
  • Heathrow T5 -- following the programme changes Platinum members now get access but may need to request it. United747 was underwhelmed by the lounge, located on ground floor, entry using keycard.
    According to the welcome letter the Heathrow T5 lounge offers:
    06:30-10:00 light continental breakfast
    15:00-16:30 afternoon tea
    18:00-20:00 evening canapés (incl. alcohol)
  • Gatwick
  • Brisbane
  • Melbourne on Collins -- NOW granting access as a Platinum benefit
  • Sydney Wentworth (Australia)
    Excellent full service lounge open 6:30am to 10:30pm, 7 Days a week. Private reception area with dedicated Club Sofitel checkin and checkout (go straight to the 5th floor on arrival). Continental+ breakfast served 6:30am-10:30am daily (extended to 11am on weekends and public holidays). All day refreshments. Afternoon tea with excellent desserts daily from 2:30pm to 4:30pm. Evening cocktails and canapes with extensive selection of food (including hot food) and alcohol 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Shower services available for early departure/late arrival. There are actually 3 large rooms that make up the club including an entrance so always a lot of space and natural light.
  • Sydney Darling Harbour
  • Hyland Shanghai - great views of Najing Road. Limited evening canapes.
  • Xi An on Renimin Square - nice and cosy lounge
  • Berlin Kurfürstendamm (opened 02/2014) -Small lounge, limits access at busy times to club rooms only
  • Forebase Chongqing (26th floor, ok views, good food)
  • Chengdu (Wanda/Taihe) (23rd floor, nice river-views, ok-ish food)
  • Beijing (Wanda) nice, spacious lounge, food offerings rather strange though (and sometimes dried out)
  • Hangzhou Westlake - lovely views of westlake, adequate little snacks in the evening (definitely not replacing dinner.), small but nice breakfast buffet in the morning -> egg dishes ON REQUEST (but not actively offered)
Print Wikipost

Sofitel master lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 3:38 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I noticed the Accor website now specifically excludes the Sofitels in Melbourne and Sydney for lounge access (footnote 4)

A stern talking to by Accor HQ is required IMHO

Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I noticed the Accor website now specifically excludes the Sofitels in Melbourne and Sydney for lounge access (footnote 4)

A stern talking to by Accor HQ is required IMHO
What's so special about these properties that they can flout corporate marketing directives?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:37 am
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I noticed the Accor website now specifically excludes the Sofitels in Melbourne and Sydney for lounge access
Good spot -- and very disappointing that Accor corporate is apparently unable or unwilling to push the properties on this.

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
We are looking into why Sofitel Sydney and Melbourne are not granting access to Platinum members.
Please share as much as you can. What can we expect going forward: will this be resolved the next time contracts come up for renegotiation, or must we fear the list getting longer?

As for my advance purchase reservations for Melbourne and Sydney, made after Accor announced the new "consistent" benefits and before it became clear that these two Sofitels weren't going to keep that corporate promise: is Accor going to play nice and issue a refund if I cancel, or will I have to fight and involve the credit card issuer? Grrr.

EDITED TO ADD: This issue has been picked up by a blogger here. There's a lot of noise in his post but also interesting (conflicting) reports in the comments -- of which there will probably be more over the next day or two.

Last edited by IMH; Dec 1, 2013 at 8:29 am Reason: blog link
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
checked in at the sofitel in SYD and the receptionist confirmed that no lounge access is granted at this property... but is available at 110$ per day

at least a room upgrade and free breakfast was offered.

chris
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by cg346
checked in at the sofitel in SYD and the receptionist confirmed that no lounge access is granted at this property... but is available at 110$ per day

chris
Same story for me (and room upgrade was not exceptional).

As a Royal Ambassador, I have been upgraded to Opera view with club access at InterContinental Sydney with cheapest rate.

Not exactly the same story at Sofitel:
- great view at IC (no view at Sofitel)
- nice club room at IC (comfortable but not huge room and rather souless room at sofitel)
- great and large club, with superb panoramic view (good but smaller and with no view at Sofitel).
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:48 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum

chris
How did you get the free breakfast??? I'm here now and booked before any announcement of a change to the program was made. So booked a suite in the class below club access expecting an upgrade to club level. On checkin, the lady in the club checkin was extremely rude and denied that upgrades to club access ever happened - despite mtiple upgrades for me over the past 3 years.

If I wanted club access I had to pay $110 for it.

Later on I was speaking to a much nicer lady in the lounge and her take of why they don't offer it is because they have so many Platinums staying here that the lounge would alway be full!!!! So Accor, stop giving away free platinum status. Make people earn it.

Such a poor stay here. No early checkin granted. No welcome drink (until I asked for it). And on every other stay here I've been given a bottle if wine in my room - no such gift this stay.

Not again. I'll go to the Pullman Hyde Park instead.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by PabloM
How did you get the free breakfast??? I'm here now and booked before any announcement of a change to the program was made. So booked a suite in the class below club access expecting an upgrade to club level. On checkin, the lady in the club checkin was extremely rude and denied that upgrades to club access ever happened - despite mtiple upgrades for me over the past 3 years.

If I wanted club access I had to pay $110 for it.

Later on I was speaking to a much nicer lady in the lounge and her take of why they don't offer it is because they have so many Platinums staying here that the lounge would alway be full!!!! So Accor, stop giving away free platinum status. Make people earn it.

Such a poor stay here. No early checkin granted. No welcome drink (until I asked for it). And on every other stay here I've been given a bottle if wine in my room - no such gift this stay.

Not again. I'll go to the Pullman Hyde Park instead.
I echo your experience as I was there recently as well. A really problematic stay too. Not the most polite agents I encountered as well. Had booked a junior suite but no upgrade to club access as well. Room not ready hours way after normal check-in time, even though I had informed and guaranteed with credit card and they acknowledged my late arrival in email beforehand.

No welcome drink as well. No gifts or whatsoever to welcome you.

I had given feedback and I thought there will be improvement, but looks like it is simply going downhill. Is this really Sofitel experience for Accor Platinums?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
hi pablo!

actually it turned out the breakfast was NOT included, even though i was told at check-in. the next morning going to the breakfast i was told that my name is not on the list and i have to pay 40$ per person. after she checked again she apologized and said there was a mistake in the system and it is now included. at checkout i get an additional 240$ (2 persons x 3 days) on the bill. explaining what i have been told i had to talk to a rep on the phone at the counter (quite embarassing with people behind me) and they would be looking into the matter... it's been 3 weeks now and i haven't heard anything and certainly will not pay for this!

great hotel, great location but certainly bad service ...

chris
Old Dec 22, 2013, 1:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ZenWorld
I echo your experience as I was there recently as well. A really problematic stay too. Not the most polite agents I encountered as well. Had booked a junior suite but no upgrade to club access as well. Room not ready hours way after normal check-in time, even though I had informed and guaranteed with credit card and they acknowledged my late arrival in email beforehand.

No welcome drink as well. No gifts or whatsoever to welcome you.

I had given feedback and I thought there will be improvement, but looks like it is simply going downhill. Is this really Sofitel experience for Accor Platinums?
Sorry to hear that. I'm almost guessing you had the same person who checked me in!

It's really a shame - they used to have the best service but it's gone downhill fast.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 1:14 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

hi pablo!

actually it turned out the breakfast was NOT included, even though i was told at check-in. the next morning going to the breakfast i was told that my name is not on the list and i have to pay 40$ per person. after she checked again she apologized and said there was a mistake in the system and it is now included. at checkout i get an additional 240$ (2 persons x 3 days) on the bill. explaining what i have been told i had to talk to a rep on the phone at the counter (quite embarassing with people behind me) and they would be looking into the matter... it's been 3 weeks now and i haven't heard anything and certainly will not pay for this!

great hotel, great location but certainly bad service ...

chris
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get the refund.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
I stayed at Sofitel So Bangkok. Hotel was great. Lounge access and upgrade for Platinum members granted. Just excellent.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:45 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

Double post

Last edited by gilbertaue; Dec 29, 2013 at 4:04 am
Old Dec 29, 2013, 12:53 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

OT: Sofitel Sydney seems to have a job opening for a F&B Director.. Anybody want to go under cover?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: Velocity FF Platinum, Qantas FF Bronze, Air France Gold, Le Club Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Why have we not heard back from Accor rep about SYD/MEL? It shouldn't be taking this long...?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Virgin Bart
Why have we not heard back from Accor rep about SYD/MEL? It shouldn't be taking this long...?
Ditto.. was wondering the same thing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.