Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Warning: Cookies can increase pricing on Accorhotels.com

Old Jun 28, 2013, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aroplan, Accor ALL

I can now say fairly definitively that I've noticed accorhotels.com appears to use cookies to INCREASE the price of rates for people that have used their website before such as Le Club Accorhotels members.

Searching for a recent booking, the price for the same room at the same property, was 100€ on one machine and 85€ on the other. I tried the search several times and then deleted cookies and the lower quotation came back. This is not the first time I've noticed this but I wanted to be sure before posting it on FT.

This is really a pain and I'm not sure there is an easy way around this one.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 5:41 am
Suspended

every travel, airline or hotel website does use cookies for this kind of pricing behavior...
Old Jun 28, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by macaron95
every travel, airline or hotel website does use cookies for this kind of pricing behavior...
are you sure? i know airlines, but not for hotels passing through meta search engines like kayak, skyscanner, etc.

have you any example?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:09 am
Suspended

meta search engines not sure they do

i should rephrase and say "lots of" instead of "every"

but it tends to become a trend
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by macaron95
meta search engines not sure they do

i should rephrase and say "lots of" instead of "every"

but it tends to become a trend
can you give us some examples please?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AF/KL Gold, 1865 Voyager, Le Club Platinum, HHonors Gold
Not sure if this is cookie related, but what annoys me about accorhotels.com is whe you search for a hotel and it comes back with a relatively attractive rate, you click on it, and the rate increases. Click back and look it again and you see the "*prices from" bs jus above the rate.

Really grinds my gears!
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Gunnar Smithsen
Not sure if this is cookie related, but what annoys me about accorhotels.com is whe you search for a hotel and it comes back with a relatively attractive rate, you click on it, and the rate increases. Click back and look it again and you see the "*prices from" bs jus above the rate.

Really grinds my gears!
^^^
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:33 am

yeh be careful on Accor sites - moving back a page then forward has a habit of adjusting rate - especially with a rate or corporate code
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:48 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to reassure you that there is no IP tracking on the Accorhotels website. Your information and prior bookings do not affect the prices on the website.

Cheers,
Nathan
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:01 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

Hi Nathan. Welcome back. The thread on using points for online redemption requires your input
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to reassure you that there is no IP tracking on the Accorhotels website. Your information and prior bookings do not affect the prices on the website.

Cheers,
Nathan
I agree. I've tried it both ways and seen no difference. Thanks Nathan for the re-assurance.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Gunnar Smithsen

Really grinds my gears!
Yes, this is really annoying and dishonest!

And not only the increased prices... if I click on the "city breaks", 'memorable moments' or whatever buttons, those packages (including breakfasts) do not appear as an option, and all the prices are higher than the original pricing screen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.