Wiki Posts
Search

SOFITEL Bora Bora [closed]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT, *wood Gold, Marriott Silver
SOFITEL Bora Bora [closed]

I'm interested in staying at the Sofitel in Bora Bora? Any reviews on the hotel, or how to fiund the best rate?
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's a bunch of reviews. According to them, the going rate is about $400/night.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
SOFITEL Bora Bora

I’ve just found out that there are currently two Sofitel at Bora Bora Island^,

Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach and Private Islandl

Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island (Reopening September 2012)

I thought that Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach and Private Island were previously two separate hotels and merged together. Are they now separating again? Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island (Reopening September 2012) get a renovation?

Since I’m looking to book either one or the other I appreciate if anyone has further information.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:25 pm

Thank you for your support for Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach and Private Island.
You could find below some explanations regarding our two Sofitels
We have two Sofitels
Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach ressort
Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island
They are located four minutes from each other and boat transfer is available all day long until 11pm.
Since 2012 the two hotels have their own identity and outlet: Full services and SPA activities are now available in both properties
Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach resort is more focused on entertainment, culture and activities whereas Sofitel Private Island is a Boutique Hotel located on a small and private Island and provides more privacy especially good for honeymooners who wants to fill alone on the earth.
Before the economical crisis the two hotels had all the services in the Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort, which is not the case any more.
I hope this will help and to have the pleasure to welcome you soon in our paradise.

Didier LAMOOT
General Manager
Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach and Private Island

Marion FORNETTI
Communication and Marketing department
Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach and Private Island
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:17 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to Flyertalk and the Le Club Accorhotels forum marionfornetti
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Dear Didier,
Dear Marion,

Thank you for the quick and very detailed information about these two resorts, I’m very delight to receive a response directly from you!
It looks I will check out both Hotels during my planned Trip to Bora Bora next year.

Question; since Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island is to re-open in September, does this means it is undergoing a kind o soft renovation in the meantime?

Thanks and regards,
Old Aug 3, 2014, 3:40 pm

Looks like it has been awhile since there was any conversation on these hotels. My fiance and I are interested in staying here for our honeymoon - most likely the Marara beach because it is a LOT more affordable. I have read reviews in the past that said it was fairly run down and in need of renovation, and that the manger's response was that a renovation was scheduled "soon". Does anyone know if this has happened? We would be staying in June/July of 2015.

thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2014, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Scotttyd
Looks like it has been awhile since there was any conversation on these hotels. My fiance and I are interested in staying here for our honeymoon - most likely the Marara beach because it is a LOT more affordable. I have read reviews in the past that said it was fairly run down and in need of renovation, and that the manger's response was that a renovation was scheduled "soon". Does anyone know if this has happened? We would be staying in June/July of 2015.

thanks!
throwing out a bump - not a popular hotel?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:31 am

I am looking at these for next year also. Keen to hear peoples opinions. Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by fattuna
I am looking at these for next year also. Keen to hear peoples opinions. Thanks
me thinks nobody must stay at these hotels?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:31 pm

Sofitel Bora Bora

Originally Posted by Scotttyd
me thinks nobody must stay at these hotels?
I'm also keen to hear experiences here by members, as I am looking at heading there next year!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I intended to stay at Bora Bora Hilton since I am a Hilton Gold member, but ended up staying at Sofitel Bora Bora Beach Hotel (not the one on the private island) in June for 4 days due to some booking problems with Hilton.
This was not my honeymoon, and I went there with a friend who also likes to explore different islands.

Since this was not my honeymoon, I didn't stay at a top-end hotel. But I strongly disagree with people who said that this hotel is run down. Everything was quite decent, and I enjoyed my stay. Of course, it is not luxurious compared to like Four Seasons.

I won't hesitate to stay there again.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
I stayed at the Private Island 4 years ago! Serenily beautiful but felt a little remote tbh. As I recall there were only 2 other guests there during my 4 day stay. There was an on demand boat service to the Marara Beach on the main island. (reckon there were only 6 guest staying there during Easter 2010 ) At the time there was no wifi on the Private Island. Wifi was available for a charge at the Marara Beach
From Marara Beach it was a 5-10mins walk to the nearest shop/restaurant. There was a cab service but it was quite a wait. Vaitape which was pretty uninspiring was too far to walk to plus the road is narrow and the locals are crazy drivers. As I recall there was also a Novotel on the main island which ofcourse isn't quite in the same league however, infinitely more conveniently located.
My recommendation is to bring a torch as the after dinner walk back to the hotel from the nearest local restaurant was quite dark. The 4*4 tour around the island was fantasic if a little bumpy at times as the terrain was pretty rough in places.
Ofcourse everything was expensive. I think breakfast was Ł25GBP!
If you have any specific questions feel free to ask I'll quite happily assist if I can.
I've just read some recent reviews on trip advisor and reckon they're pretty accurate.

Last edited by MM00LL2; Sep 18, 2014 at 9:45 am Reason: update
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:15 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
The Pacific resorts have all been put up for sale: http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news14...BoraBora.shtml
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:20 pm

Thanks for the info on the pending sale of these resorts. Am wondering if I should cancel the booking i have there using my free night certificate if its likely they won't honor it? Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.