Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Phu Quoc Island Premier Village (Vietnam)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, CE G, HYATT G, HH D, MR P, Accor P

I thought someone has posted it before, but after a brief search it's a no. So I guess I'll start it to give you guys some ideas how great this resort is.

Many might have been aware of the JW Marriott next door, but the location of the premier village is actually more prime than the JW. The building are more plain though, but they are all pool villas with REAL direct access to beach. I can't think of another SEA resort property which allows you so close to the beach.

Platinum benefits are awesome as well. Free breakfast (group of 6), two category upgrades, free transportation round trip airport, and a wonderful cheese and meat welcome platter (better than most restaurant offerings), plus wine. Not to mention there's a REAL personal butler that you can whatsapp her for anything you need, from arranging cruises, dinners or just to fetch a showel gel. I fould it easier than calling the guest services to get extra towels etc.

For $400 you get a tiny basic room in Paris Sofitel, and here you can enjoy life and have a private villa BBQ (highly recommended).

Well anyway, let the photos speak for themselves.

THIS IS LIFE =)
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Wonderful !!
thank you for this short review.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Really wonderful! 👍

It’s on my dream list.

“Unfortunately” this resort only have big villas, not so cheap on peak period for just a couple...

Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:11 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dav77
Really wonderful! 👍

It’s on my dream list.

“Unfortunately” this resort only have big villas, not so cheap on peak period for just a couple...

In that case, you'll need to stick to your Italian Mercures for holidays this year
starflyergold and Goldorak like this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
In that case, you'll need to stick to your Italian Mercures for holidays this year
i don’t deserve them, too high level for me 😜

...only Marriotts for me this summer 😃 ...and for Christmas also, except 2 days at Sofitel BKK by points ...
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, CE G, HYATT G, HH D, MR P, Accor P
Originally Posted by Dav77
Really wonderful! 👍

It’s on my dream list.

Actually they do have 1 bedroom villas (aka 2 or 3 bedroom villas closing the other bedrooms) for sale online. It's around 250usd++ and above depends on the season
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by tikadaxx
Actually they do have 1 bedroom villas (aka 2 or 3 bedroom villas closing the other bedrooms) for sale online. It's around 250usd++ and above depends on the season
I checked some months ago, for Christmas/New year period, rates started from >500€ x night.

We opted for one week in Khao Lak
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:16 pm

good times

I spent a couple nights here recently with family staying in a large 4 bedroom family villa (8 adult capacity) and we absolutely loved it. Our villa (312) had a separate large dining room/kitchen and living room, with one 2-twin bedroom on the ground floor, and another on the second floor directly ontop of it, and then two large master bedrooms which both had large balconies with an ocean view. The pool was located beneath the balconies and while it did not have an ocean view, it was surrounded by landscaping and grass and shrubs rather than being directly next to the resort roads.

Not all villas in the same room category at Premier Village are equal. Some of the beachfront villas are remarkably close to the public amenity areas and do not seem to offer much privacy, as they're sandwiched between the resort beach and the road. Additionally, many of the 'island villas' and 'hillside villas' are spaced very close together, and face the resort roads, and you'll end up seeing shuttles and people very often. We booked a hillside villa category (6 adult capacity) but requested additional adult guests, the resort said they would charge us an additional $60 or 70 per guest per night. Now, I was afraid that they were going to charge us extra and give us a 6 adult capacity villa and make the rest sleep on a sofa bed, but the resort staff actually reserved for us Villa 312, which is technically in the Hillside category, but is built to the spec of a 4 bedroom oceanview, on a one way road a top a small hill (meaning more privacy, less traffic). If you look at the resort map pdf, you will see FAMILY VILLAs scattered throughout the resort, yet Family Villa is not a bookable room category on the Accor website.

The villas are sprawled throughout the peninsula and the resort was built into the forest so some villas are quite far (walk-wise) from the amenities, which is why they tell you to call for an electric cart (buggy) to get around the resort. I think Premier Village is best enjoyed by staying in the resort, in a large private villa, rather than attempting to go on excursions to other destinations in Phu Quoc island. The resort is pretty isolated accessible through some mountain roads, even though there's a large resort area near the JW Marriott where you can find restaurants and food stalls -- the prices are very high and the food quality is low. Definitely go for in-room dining instead. The in-villa private BBQ is excellent (and half the price of the private beachfront BBQ at the JW Marriott). The breakfast buffet gets very busy and the food fare is nothing spectacular. I recommend requesting breakfast in-room instead, they will send you a large quantity of breakfast foods boxed, which you can enjoy in peace. We also had a beachfront dinner at Corallo Restaurant--the food was decent, but prices were high and I didn't see the value when comparing it to the In-Villa BBQ, which is amazing value. Apparently the resort is having an issue with guests bringing in their own food and causing a mess in the villa kitchen when cooking or causing a fuss over requesting dining services, so the resort has implemented some steep surcharges for that behaviour. Because after all, the profit margin lies in the food and beverage and amenity sales, rather than the room rate itself. However, some of my more frugal family members snuck some takeaway into the resort, so YMMV depending on what you wanna do.

Back to the hard product, overall it was satisfactory: the villa we stayed in did not show too many signs of wear yet, but some villas I walked past look pretty beat up on the outside...The pool was in great condition, AC was cold, fans were smooth and quiet, water pressure was great, sound proofing was excellent, lighting design was excellent. The kitchen was fully stocked, but we didn't do any cooking aside from making instant ramen noodles. I wish they provided us with more drinking water. Also the fridge was not very cold, but the freezer was decent.
Workers are constantly maintaining the property landscaping. The resort will let you know when landscapers plan to work near your villa, and ask you if its suitable or not. From our villa, we saw and heard many tropical birds, saw many boats in the ocean, even saw a monkey. No mosquito or pest problems whatsoever. You can keep the floor to ceiling windows open if you wanted to and embrace the whole indoor-outdoor living thing. The lush forest greenery was beautiful. You can tell the resort puts a lot of effort into the landscaping.

Based on a price per square foot consideration, Premier Village is a great deal. Just be prepared to pay a lot more if you're eating lunch and dinner on premises. The in-villa BBQ is great because its hard to mess up fresh grilled meat and seafood, but I do not recommend eating at Corallo. I'd recommend buying plenty of snacks, ready to eat foods, and drinks from a grocer in Phu Quoc town and then bringing them into the resort with you (just don't disclose this to the staff!).
There is a language barrier as not all resort staff are fluent in English...Guest Services sometimes had trouble understanding our more complicated requests, but you can also use their smartphone app, which lets you communicate with guest services and automatically translates your comms.

I can't wait to go back here and stay the highest room category next time. Cheers!
Old Oct 31, 2023, 4:07 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plus Platinum, Caesar's Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold,
So, we just came back from a trip to Phu Quoc, where we stayed in nearly all of the top brands of each of the major hotel chains. Premier Village Phu Quoc was one of the best, only behind Regent Phu Quoc, which was in a league of its own.

From the moment we stepped foot in the lobby, we knew this was going to be a great stay. As Platinum members, our status was readily recognised and we were treated like literal VIPs. The front office manager Felicia personally came out to welcome us and thanked us repeatedly for our loyalty. We felt truly welcome, true to the Accor slogan. We had arrived at 1 PM, fully expecting to have to wait for a villa, and were pleasantly surprised to learn that our villa was already ready. We had made our booking using our Accor Plus annual free night, with a $165 cash upgrade to a 4-bedroom Ocean View Villa (even though there were only two of us staying, because, why not &#128514, which was a S-T-E-A-L. I have no idea why the 4BD villa upgrade was priced lower than some of the other single bedroom ones. Since this was already one of the highest level rooms, I had zero expectations of a further upgrade, so I was stunned when they informed us that they had further upgraded us to a 4-bedroom “On The Rock” Villa, which appears to be the top category, not counting the family villas which I couldn’t see on the app. This category villa type is perched of top of the rocks right at the water’s edge, boasting 180 degree panoramic views of the ocean. And it was glorious.

The trip from the lobby to our Villa was surprisingly long. That’s because the resort is actually a massive property that covers the entire peninsula at the southern tip of Phu Quoc. It is literally a sprawling collection of villas interspersed amidst a veritable forest. The property is so big that you very much need to rely on buggies to actually get around. Our host Tuyen took us on a buggy tour around the entire peninsula, which took about 15 minutes.

When we finally entered our room, we were awestruck. It truly was a HUGE villa, “much too big for two people,” as Tuyen said. The four bedrooms were all beautifully appointed, each with a separate barhroom, in addition to the separate guest bathroom in the living area. The master bedroom, however, is where it’s at! The floor to ceiling windows on three sides gave way to the most breathtaking panoramic view of the isthmus and the ocean. The bed was adorned with a lovely birthday decoration made out of leaves and flowers. The view from this villa just cannot be beat. Waking up to that view was just Incredible, with a capital I.

The villa is huge, but spotless. I cannot understand how with so many huge villas they can keep everything so spotless. There was not even a speck of dust on our glassware. The rooms, including the bathrooms were also immaculate.

The same view from the master bedroom can also be enjoyed from the living room downstairs, which is literally huge. Indoors, there is a dining table for 8, a sofa living area, a sitting area with floor cushions, and a full kitchen with an island. Outdoors, there is a table with deckchairs, and a private infinity pool overlooking the ocean. It was paradise.

As platinum members, we also received an marvelous welcome amenity consisting of a very generous platter of dried fruits and nuts, and a tower of pastries and chocolates, as well as fruits. Probably one of the most hearty welcome amenities I have ever received.

Although we were reluctant to leave our villa, we forced ourselves to leave it behind and explore the resort a bit. By foot, it took us about 15 minutes to get to the central areas, which is where the public pools and the restaurants are located.

The main beach on the inner side of the peninsula was beautiful, and very calm compared to the beaches on the west side of Phu Quoc. The water was crystal clear and very clean. There was gear for water activities available to borrow at the beach, and we had great fun kayaking. On our second day, we also signed up for the snorkeling activity, but unfortunately due to the algae situation that day it was later canceled.

The infinity pools near the beach have a pretty unusual design, overlapping each other in quirky ways. They look more like they were designed to be looked at rather than for swimming in. That said, we enjoyed the pools quite a lot, especially the section next to the Corallo restaurant, which features a pool bar. We used our Accor welcome drink vouchers there. Nothing beats a Piña Colada while lounging in a pool.

Speaking of Corallo, we used our Accor Plus dining benefits here to take advantage of 50% off the menu. The food was very good, and quite a steal at that price. The breakfast at the Market restaurant was also very good. The spread was amazing with very broad selections to choose from. There is also a fruit smoothie machine that you have to pedal yourself using a flywheel to blend your drink. It was a hoot.

At around 2PM on the day of our departure, our host Tuyen messaged us to check on us and see if we had arrived safely at our next destination, the JW Marriott. However, since we had signed up for a singing bowl workshop at 3PM that afternoon (the resort has a selection of free activites for guests to partake in, such as snorkeling, yoga, etc.), we had contacted reception to ask if we could request a later checkout. It was very graciously granted with no fuss at all, but it turns out Ms Tuyen was not aware of that, because it was actually her day off!! Even on her day off, she was still checking in on her guests! If that’s not dedication, I don’t know what is!

It is the staff like Ms Tuyen that make this place so special. She was so friendly and professional, always proactively looking after us and checking on how we were doing, and giving us recommendations. But it was not just Ms Tuyen, in fact everyone in the resort is just so friendly. Every single person you see gives you big smiles and Xin Chaos whenever they see you. It’s hard not to be high spirited surrounded by so many high spirited people.

At check-out, we met the GM, and I can see why everyone at Premier Village is like that. When I complimented his staff, he commended them as well and remarked what amazing staff he thought they were as well, while adding “but the GM, not so much.” He came across as such a whimsical and good natured fellow, and his cheerful disposition clearly sets the tone for the entire staff.

On our departure, in a final testament to their amazing hospitality, they arranged for a complimentary transfer to our next hotel.

From the rooms, to the food, to the people, to the treatment of loyalty members, this property is top notch in every respect. Needs to be on every one’s Phu Quoc bucket list!
EcotoneHR, Goldorak and hotel_user like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.