Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Booking a "Mercure Privilège" Room - double points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: ALL Platinum

There are Mercure hotels offering "Privilège" rooms. Usually larger and maybe with better view.

Also included - in the one I had booked - Wifi (it was not but I could access another option which was free at last for me), Late check-out (was never even mentioned, but was not necessary as we departed in the morning), mineral water (two bottles for first night, one for second, none for third, but we had own bottles with us), newspaper (not offered, but had one the last ever editions of the "Financial Times Deutschland" with me (its planned closing down on december 7th is really really sad, but that would be another story ...)). Ok, there was a coffee pad machine in the room (the guest before had left a coffee pad inside the machine, cheers) and bath robes.

And the booking said "Double Le Club Points" (ok, it said "Treuepunkte" in german but I think "fidelity points" would go for Le Club points). And there is my question: I could have asked Concièrge Chris directly but was interested if anyone else had ever booked one of these Privilège rooms? If yes, did "double" points mean just the regular double points for each stay at Mercure hotels or did it mean double the double points (plus status points)?

So I got the perhaps wrong impression that for a platinum this would mean for a room worth 100 Euro ex VAT: 200 points regular, 200 points Privilège and 200 Platinum. But, I got only 200 (regular) plus 200 (platinum). Has anyone else had these results?

But nonetheless, it was a very recently renovated hotel with very good design and a very large room. I would rate the breakfast there my second best ever in a hotel. So I would call it a very good stay (as room was booked on one those Accor-wednesday-sales).
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I'm staying in a Privilege room in January (Mercure Berlin City), so I obviously can't comment on how the points post in retrospect, but since the website advertises "double Le Club points" in English regardless of status, I'm absolutely expecting your formula to apply, i.e. basic points + status bonus + room bonus.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:35 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gojko88
I'm staying in a Privilege room in January (Mercure Berlin City), so I obviously can't comment on how the points post in retrospect, but since the website advertises "double Le Club points" in English regardless of status, I'm absolutely expecting your formula to apply, i.e. basic points + status bonus + room bonus.
That's how I would read it as well.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
For a room worth 100 euros:
100 + 100 (plat)= 200
+ 200 "Courtesy Bonus"= Total 400

Keep in mind that you may have to contact the hotel later to "remember" to credit your bonus.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Finally I received news today: For 100 Euro per night I finally received 200 points plus 200 Platinum Bonus plus - now - 200 Privilège Room points - just I had to scan and write and invest time and received "Courtesy Bonus".
@ Accor Concièrge Chris: Perhaps this is just another thing Accor should improve: If a Accor booking engine tells me "double points for booking these rooms" I should not have to scan and write to get them.

And the promotions are to be improved as well: Over the years of A-Club and Le Club I have just once received the correct promo points. Therefore I usually print out every promotion because LeClub deletes them very very fast. You might call me German (I am;-)) but if one tells me "I offer you this and that" I think, I should receive the things offered if all other facts are fulfilled. So I am still waiting for a triple "Discovery Tour Bonus" Bonus (for pre-x-mas-stay in Germany and bookings before Nov 25th). T&C told me "points ten days after check-out", my phone voice mail (a call by Le Club in German) told me today "by Dec 24th" (just this date is nowhere to be read in the T&C).

But on the other hand: Accor is very well improving a lot of hotels in Europe,
my stays are usually in Europe and Accor is almost everywhere in Europe. And if IHG really will change conditions for status in 2013 I might still change to Accor for 2013.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by frechen
"I had to scan and write and invest time and received "Courtesy Bonus"
I told you. That seems to be the regular way to get the points.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:06 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi frechen,

Thank you for calling me out.

Sharing thoughts on the programme is highly appreciated, especially when they come from valued members who is a frequent user of our hotels.

I'll transfer your comments to the Le Club Accorhotels customer service in order to improve the promotions aspect of the loyalty programme.

Many thanks,

Chris

Finally I received news today: For 100 Euro per night I finally received 200 points plus 200 Platinum Bonus plus - now - 200 Privilège Room points - just I had to scan and write and invest time and received "Courtesy Bonus".
@ Accor Concièrge Chris: Perhaps this is just another thing Accor should improve: If a Accor booking engine tells me "double points for booking these rooms" I should not have to scan and write to get them.

And the promotions are to be improved as well: Over the years of A-Club and Le Club I have just once received the correct promo points. Therefore I usually print out every promotion because LeClub deletes them very very fast. You might call me German (I am;-)) but if one tells me "I offer you this and that" I think, I should receive the things offered if all other facts are fulfilled. So I am still waiting for a triple "Discovery Tour Bonus" Bonus (for pre-x-mas-stay in Germany and bookings before Nov 25th). T&C told me "points ten days after check-out", my phone voice mail (a call by Le Club in German) told me today "by Dec 24th" (just this date is nowhere to be read in the T&C).

But on the other hand: Accor is very well improving a lot of hotels in Europe,
my stays are usually in Europe and Accor is almost everywhere in Europe. And if IHG really will change conditions for status in 2013 I might still change to Accor for 2013.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Hello Chris,

thank you very much for your help and work to improve the program. When booking that type of room (Privilège at Mercure) I was quite sure I would have to "work" to receive the extra points offered with this room.

At another Mercure (where I was staying in a regular room) the hotel itself promoted in the elevators to book a Privilège room and spoke of the double points as well. Therefore (plus the other benefits) I went for that kind of room this time.

But whose job is to guarantee the double points: Le Club's or the individual hotel's?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:26 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi frechen,

I'm happy to be of service!

Regarding your question, the Le Club Accorhotels team handles all hotel promotions, and therefore, is more likely to help you should you be facing issues. However, this doesn't mean that the hotels themselves can't be useful

I remain available if you still have questions.

All the best,

Chris

Hello Chris,

thank you very much for your help and work to improve the program. When booking that type of room (Privilège at Mercure) I was quite sure I would have to "work" to receive the extra points offered with this room.

At another Mercure (where I was staying in a regular room) the hotel itself promoted in the elevators to book a Privilège room and spoke of the double points as well. Therefore (plus the other benefits) I went for that kind of room this time.

But whose job is to guarantee the double points: Le Club's or the individual hotel's?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hi frechen,

I'm happy to be of service!

Regarding your question, the Le Club Accorhotels team handles all hotel promotions, and therefore, is more likely to help you should you be facing issues. However, this doesn't mean that the hotels themselves can't be useful

I remain available if you still have questions.

All the best,

Chris
Hi Nathan (for Chris),

I just went back to my old thread concerning "Mercure Privilège" room rates in german Mercure hotels. Had two stays in such rooms this year and both were not credited as called out on the Accor-booking site for that kind of room. It says "more space, VIP-bath, bathrobe, water, coffee/tea machine, free newspaper, free WiFi, late check-out AND double Points (for anyone)" (this is not a restricted promotion, obviously all german Privilège rooms in Mercure hotels come permanently with this promise of further double points). Each stay in that kind of room ended only with the regular points behaviour at Mercure hotels. So I will have to scan again and fill out www-forms as still one is rewarded – for a room worth 100 Euro ex VAT – only 200 points, plus 200 points if Platinum but not another 200 points as called out in the room conditions.

As the stay and the room at this Mercure (Wuerzburg am Mainufer, Germany) were wonderful and all other new Le Club status features (except for upgrade as Privilège is already highest room category) were granted without even asking I am just wondering how that one missing promise can be held in the future. Has Accor in Germany forgotten about this room "feature" and not informed Le Club in France?

Many thanks,

frechen
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by heramato
For a room worth 100 euros:
100 + 100 (plat)= 200
+ 200 "Courtesy Bonus"= Total 400

Keep in mind that you may have to contact the hotel later to "remember" to credit your bonus.

double points apply on the stay points earned, not stay + status

therefore, it would 100 + 100 plat + 100 bonus
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by macaron95
double points apply on the stay points earned, not stay + status

therefore, it would 100 + 100 plat + 100 bonus
Yes, but it is Mercure: therefore 100 Euro are 200 points.
200 points for all members, plus 200 for platinum, plus 200 as room category said "double points". All in all 600 points for 100 Euro spent.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Hi Nathan (for Chris),

I just went back to my old thread concerning "Mercure Privilège" room rates in german Mercure hotels. Had two stays in such rooms this year and both were not credited as called out on the Accor-booking site for that kind of room. It says "more space, VIP-bath, bathrobe, water, coffee/tea machine, free newspaper, free WiFi, late check-out AND double Points (for anyone)" (this is not a restricted promotion, obviously all german Privilège rooms in Mercure hotels come permanently with this promise of further double points). Each stay in that kind of room ended only with the regular points behaviour at Mercure hotels. So I will have to scan again and fill out www-forms as still one is rewarded – for a room worth 100 Euro ex VAT – only 200 points, plus 200 points if Platinum but not another 200 points as called out in the room conditions.

As the stay and the room at this Mercure (Wuerzburg am Mainufer, Germany) were wonderful and all other new Le Club status features (except for upgrade as Privilège is already highest room category) were granted without even asking I am just wondering how that one missing promise can be held in the future. Has Accor in Germany forgotten about this room "feature" and not informed Le Club in France?

Many thanks,

frechen
Update:
Accor Concierge helped me out of the situation. Today I have received the promised double points. Let us hope for the future that german Mercures offering Privilège rooms and a double points promise will grant these points without having to scan and e-mail after the stay. Tank you very much for your help again, Nathan!
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
I might be getting too many points (I am hoping I will not bring "account regularization" upon me), but usually what happens to me is that I get the regular points, then on top of them, or already included, any promotional terms, and only on top of that comes the "points accelerator", proportionally to ALL points earned for a stay.

So I would have expected it to work like: regular points (2 points for every Euro), then doubled, and THEN the "accelerating factor" applied.

Mind you, I never stayed at a Mercure Privilege room. Given the mess the Mercure chain is, I would never pay anything more than the base rate (and avoid Mercures in general).
Old Nov 9, 2013, 6:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JTCz

Mind you, I never stayed at a Mercure Privilege room. Given the mess the Mercure chain is, I would never pay anything more than the base rate (and avoid Mercures in general).

you simply have to read reviews, look at pictures, and pick the good Mercure

for instance, Mercure Madrid Plaza de Espana is a bit old and need refurbishment

while Mercure Amsterdam Frommer is a really nice Mercure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.