Search

Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2012, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana Hotel

You can find video of the room and about 64 photos in and around the property here.

I had a one night stay at this property back in June and the reservation was made in the morning of arrival. I was surprised that the hotel was on the ball when it came to same day reservation. Everything was ready when we arrived around 4PM.

The location of the hotel in Legian is very convenient for the shops, nightlife, cafes, and restaurants. I was going out on that Saturday night and chose this hotel instead of staying in Sanur or Nusa Dua. I walked back to the hotel from the last bar.

Overall, I liked the modern decor of the hotel. The upgraded room was spacious and had a view of the courtyard as most of the other rooms at this hotel. I had some fruits as my amenity.

The hotel had two pools; one in the courtyard that was more family friendly and one infinity pool on the rooftop. The rooftop one was better IMHO.

I would not choose this hotel if you are looking for Balinese experience or beach. The beach in front of the hotel is not swimmable. Wouldn't mind returning if the price is right and I am going out.

Last edited by holtju2; Sep 24, 2012 at 10:51 pm
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks for this report. This property looks really nice, but from your pictures, I found the room furnitures quite "basics" ?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thanks for this report. This property looks really nice, but from your pictures, I found the room furnitures quite "basics" ?
It wasn't overly stuffed, but wouldn't call it basic. I really liked the modern design.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What is your preferred room at this property?

I'll be staying here in a few days. I booked a grand deluxe room and they have confirmed in advance an "upgrade" to a deluxe room with ocean view. This room category is below grand deluxe but has an ocean view whereas grand deluxe rooms are bigger but with no ocean view. Isn't this considered a downgrade?! I know some Plats have received suite upgrades but it seems the ocean rooms are actually the best anyway. Can you share your experiences please? Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, QR Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I'll be staying here in a few days. I booked a grand deluxe room and they have confirmed in advance an "upgrade" to a deluxe room with ocean view. This room category is below grand deluxe but has an ocean view whereas grand deluxe rooms are bigger but with no ocean view. Isn't this considered a downgrade?! I know some Plats have received suite upgrades but it seems the ocean rooms are actually the best anyway. Can you share your experiences please? Thanks.
I stayed at this Pullman recently. Booked same room type as yours and received Suite King with partial ocean view (almost non-existent IMO) but with direct access to a small courtyard leading to the rooftop infinity pool. Room was 3348. My room was the 2nd last at the end of the corridor facing the inner courtyard. The very last room should be a bigger suite(probably 2 BR) and with a better view.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I stayed at this property twice.

The first one using the A+ voucher. They upgraded me to Grand Deluxe Room. The room is quite large with very long bath room.

The second stays was last May. The upgraded me to Suite room which it seems to me was design as 2 rooms. There is "connecting" door to the living area. There is another door directly to the living room.

At the living room also have a bath room with shower and toilet. The bath room in the main room has bath tube.

I don't remember the room number but it is at the tower facing the inner court with partial view of the sea.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks very much for those insights. I emailed the hotel back and offered to pay the difference (around 10 euros total for 3 nights) to get the deluxe ocean view (I booked a grand deluxe) and mentioned if would be nice if I could get the bigger room (suite) with direct access to infinity pool via courtyard subject to availability. Within a few hours they emailed and confirmed the suite upgrade without any extra charge. So I may end up in the same suite! Thanks again.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
I stayed at the Pullman Legian in February. I was gold member at that time. My stay was very lovely. I don't know if it's the case, but I feel they were trying to make amends on behalf of Accor after a horrible experience at the Sofitel Nusa Dua (where reception pretty much said on a couple occasions something about difficulties in accomodating me because they had to look after their "VIP Guests" - this remark is already rude even if you're a regular guest. And I'm sorry, I suppose Accor Gold member didn't count as VIP). Well anyway the general manager straightened it out.

Anyway, when I stayed at Pullman Legian on my second night they upgraded me to a whole suite. And they kept sending me gifts after gifts. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I could easily recommend it.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Thanks very much for those insights. I emailed the hotel back and offered to pay the difference (around 10 euros total for 3 nights) to get the deluxe ocean view (I booked a grand deluxe) and mentioned if would be nice if I could get the bigger room (suite) with direct access to infinity pool via courtyard subject to availability. Within a few hours they emailed and confirmed the suite upgrade without any extra charge. So I may end up in the same suite! Thanks again.
Is there a room with direct access to infinity pool? If my memory doesn't fail me I don't think Pullman Legian have such rooms.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by FGunawan
I stayed at the Pullman Legian in February. I was gold member at that time. My stay was very lovely. I don't know if it's the case, but I feel they were trying to make amends on behalf of Accor after a horrible experience at the Sofitel Nusa Dua (where reception pretty much said on a couple occasions something about difficulties in accomodating me because they had to look after their "VIP Guests" - this remark is already rude even if you're a regular guest. And I'm sorry, I suppose Accor Gold member didn't count as VIP). Well anyway the general manager straightened it out.

Anyway, when I stayed at Pullman Legian on my second night they upgraded me to a whole suite. And they kept sending me gifts after gifts. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I could easily recommend it.
Indeed Sofitel Nusa dua service quality is rather poor for hotel as Sofitel especially the receptionist team (may be the same person). I did make a complain to the Accor Indonesia office and my complain was forwarded to the GM and he responded back to me.

My stay at Pullam Legian last May as Platinum was just OK. The staff who sent me to my room took my picture. She said so that the staffs at the hotel can recognize me as I am the "VIP". But no one recognized me through out the stay. I even had to tell my room number when I went for breakfast. Well, not really like I wanted to be recognized thought. But taking my picture on the arrival..... I hope people get what I mean.

At the hotel next door, most of the staffs greeted me with my name without the need to take my picture.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:38 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by lingua101
Is there a room with direct access to infinity pool? If my memory doesn't fail me I don't think Pullman Legian have such rooms.
No, there aren't really any rooms who have 'direct access' although there are some that are close - all located on level 3.

I love this hotel. The staff make me feel like I'm 'home' when staying here - and I'm on first name basis with so many of them - always getting the greeting of 'Hello Mr Pablom'. When I arrived back in November I had about 5 staff almost come running to my taxi to greet me.

I have stayed here for about 3 weeks per year since it opened (probably spending 100 nights here now - so have been able to get to know a lot of the staff quite personally - even having drinks outside of the hotel with some of them.

And I'm always upgraded to the same 2 bedroom suite each time I stay now - they look after me very well.

I was advised the other week that the new owners are starting to upgrade some of the furniture etc - already they have changed all the lobby furniture and they are considering further upgrades - the hotel is no about 5 years old.

Great location - I like that it's an oasis away from the busyness of Kuta but you aren't far away from bars, shopping, massages, restaurants etc.

Always recommend it as a great place to stay.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, QR Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
It is not that 'direct'. The pool is accessible via a short walk through the backyard if I hadn't made myself clear enough in my first post.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Indeed Sofitel Nusa dua service quality is rather poor for hotel as Sofitel especially the receptionist team (may be the same person).
Two different receptionists in two different days made that "VIP guests" comment to me, so I'm guessing it's what they've been trained to say.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by macabresg
It is not that 'direct'. The pool is accessible via a short walk through the backyard if I hadn't made myself clear enough in my first post.
OK. I think I know what you mean now. You are referring to those room which has open "balcony".

Direct pool access means something different I suppose
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by FGunawan
Two different receptionists in two different days made that "VIP guests" comment to me, so I'm guessing it's what they've been trained to say.
Why you are marked as "VIP guests"? Is that a sarcastic remarks?

Seems things haven't changed much.

My experienced was not so bad. I was sent to the Special desk for checkin, but I found nothing special with the slow service and not so personalize. The staff did not even brief me about the properties (I got "brief" by the very lovely Restaurant Manager). I think they may as well check me in at the normal counter, which I feel will be fast.

On the checkout day, I asked for 2pm checkout, and I have to "fight" for it as they keep telling me they can only do 1pm. I still wonder what 1 hour can make the difference for this huge properties which was not running full that day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.