Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Magnifique Stay

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Map| 4 Reviews | 75% Recommended

189 Sukhumvit Road Soi 13-15 Klongtoey Nua, Wattana Bangkok, TH 10110

Magnifique Stay (26 Photos)

What can I say? It's my favourite hotel in Bangkok and I love coming back. So I'll keep this short and sharp and give an update of how the hotel has been so far.

Check In

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were directed up to Club Millésime for Check-In. As we knew we were going to arrive around 10am, I sent an email to the hotel requesting for Early Check-In and the Director of Rooms, whom I met during my previous stayed took care of my request. Thus, check-in was super smooth and I got 1 of the 2 rooms I booked immedietly upon arrival.( Hotel was genuinely full the night before).

Room

The hotel allocated us the same room as our previous stay since we did feedback that it was our favourite room. It's a corner room located on the 29th floor (2901) and I notice it tends to be slight bigger by a few Sqm comapred to other rooms.

With regards to the second room (2902), it was located directly next to us with interconnecting doors. As you can see, the room is slightly narrower and smaller in size, but of course, still very comfortable.

The rooms are well appointed with the usual Sofitel MyBed with Pillow Menu, large work desk, comfortable sofas, Bose Surround Sound system, fully stocked mini bar and a huge bathroom with Hermés amenities.

In addtion, the hotel provides a menu beside your bed which you can order compliemntary bath treatments such as Soothing Bath and Bubble Bath with the additon of paid baths which can be done in your room or at the spa.

Room 2901

20170826_100903.jpg

20170826_101043.jpg

20170826_101133.jpg

20170826_152645.jpg

Room 2902

20170826_152606.jpg

20170826_152613.jpg

Bath Treatments In-Room

1_20161002_103109 (2).jpg

Service

Well, what can I say, we are in Thailand, the Land of Smiles. So service here is excellent and without a doubt, one of the best I will ever receive as I freankly know some of them for a few year already. 

Service at the Lobby was defeinly more interactive than my previous, thus a great improvement there. 

Additionally, the staff at LeSpa and SoFit are amazing. The therapists at the spa are well trained and excellent should you want to pamper yourself to one of their expensieve treatments :P

The Personal Trainer at the gym is a nice addtion to the hotel. Not many hotels offer a Personal Trainer but with him around, you are assured a good time at the gym. He ensures safety is conformed to always and helps you should you need some advice. He also upkeeps the gym very well as there was never a time a towel, bottle of water or some fruits was ever missing. Thus, it was indeed a good experience while exercising at the gym.

Furthermore, due to my previous stay, I was in constant contact with the Director of Rooms who ensured my stay was near perfect. She arranged a surprise (Welcome Amenity) for us in both rooms and also wanted my thoughts of the Amenity and should they implement it. Please see the two photos below and see which you prefer. Personally, I voted for the Photo 2.

Photo 1 (Dessert Pizza with Fruits, pizza was slightly too sweet)

20170826_100941_LI.jpg

Photo 2 (French biscuit with some Macarons, Chocolates and tube flavours of Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry to put on the biscuit to eat)

20170826_152932.jpg

Club Millésime

1_20161001_140917 (2).jpg

Club Millésime is located on the 31st Floor offering guest towering views over the surrounding areas. Service here is top notch without a doubt. As I have been staying here almost everytime I visit Bangkok, staff here do remember me and thus, treat us like family. 

All I can say is this, if you are considering to book the Club room, I'll definitely recommend it. 

Club Millésime benefits are as follows

• Complimentary Breakfast from 6:30am to 10:30am (weekdays) and 6:30am to 11:00am (weekends) at both Club Lounge and Voila Restaurant.
  • Complimentary "Le Gouter" (Afternoon Tea) between 2pm and 4pm 
  • Complimentary "Chic Aperitif" (Evening Millésime Cocktails) from 5pm to 7pm
  • Refreshments (Coffee, Tea, Mineral Water and Soft drinks) throughout the day
  • Complimentary Late Check-Out until 16:00Hrs (Subject to avaliabilty)
  • Complimentary regualr spped internet access
  • 2 Hours free use of Club Millésime meeting room per day
  • Complimentary Local telephone calls
  • Selection of International and Local Newpapers at the Lounge
  • Personalized Butler Service
  • Complimentary Pressings service for maximum of two pieces per stay.

*Do note that they have shifted the Evening Cocktails from the main lounge area to the lounge dining area (same place you have breakfast). However not to worry as you can still sit at the main lounge area, just that you have to walk further to get the food.

Dining

Breakfast at Club Lounge

As with most hotels, buffet spread at the Club Lounge is relatively small compared to the main buffet restaurant. At the lounge, its more quiter with personalised service being the key point. The main breakfast items will be done "À la minute" while the usual salads, cereals, breads and cold cuts will be placed at the small & simple buffet line. 

Food was excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed my brekafast everyday. As you can see from the picture below, one of the staff made me a personalized Latte with art. 

20170828_091319 (2).jpg

20170827_081352.jpg

Club Lounge Buffet and Menu

20170827_083117 (2).jpg

20170827_074840.jpg

20170827_074844.jpg

20170827_074853.jpg

20170827_074857.jpg

20170827_074859.jpg

Voila Restaurant Buffet

20170827_075324.jpg

20170827_075334.jpg

20170827_075344.jpg

20170827_075347.jpg

20170827_075426.jpg

20170827_075439.jpg

20170828_083534 (2).jpg

20170829_084538 (2).jpg

Excellent, hotel is located between 2 BTS Station and 1 MRT station. So its quite easy to make this hotel a base to travel around Bangkok. Also, there is a 7-Eleven lcoated next door to the hotel and a 2 min walk to a pharmacy near-by. Supermarket is located 4 mins away under Robinsons Department store. Thus, hotel's location is good.

Overall

Overall, I would definitely recommend the hotel to my friends and family (Which I already did and have many friends staying here already). Good hotel, good location, good service. I am always coming back here! Magnifique stay indeed. 

Magnifique Stay

Would you like to write a review on the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit?

No, thank you.
Yes
stijnec, starflyergold and uggboy like this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Excellent review agree w u very much on the service at Le Spa and So Fit.

My wifey and I also love the floral arrangements at the lobby.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by cowism
Excellent review agree w u very much on the service at Le Spa and So Fit.

My wifey and I also love the floral arrangements at the lobby.
I slipped and fell on the wet floor and hurt my ankle in room 2908 at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, because of the leaks in heavy rain that much water dripping from the ceiling and windows in bedroom. The windows can't be opened in room 2908. We have been moved to the other room, I got hospital treatment after my trip. The hotel is responsible for the guest slip and fall on their property because of a dangerous condition on the property and required not to subject a person to an unreasonable risk of injury because of the poor maintenance.

GM Oliver Schnatz refused to send me any report and trying to avoid responsibility.

The rooms and facilities are extremely worn out in its class, just five year after the opening of the hotel it is a sad fact that the maintenance and services is not up to the benefits to which we were accustomed with Sofitel. I am an Accor platinum member. Accor customer care ignore my emails over 4 months is shockingly poor customer service.

My review on tripadvisor was flagged by hotel Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit for violating and have been moved.

Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Originally Posted by john9872
I slipped and fell on the wet floor and hurt my ankle in room 2908 at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, because of the leaks in heavy rain that much water dripping from the ceiling and windows in bedroom. The windows can't be opened in room 2908.
I am not sure whether the leaks from the windows and ceilings is a known problem but I have experienced the same thing at least twice over the last 2 years. It's the same as what you had shown in the photo.

The room given to me was the one which had access to the outdoor balcony with private jacuzzi. It's always this door which causes the leak base on my experience. I agree with you that it was very slippery and I was very fortunate that I did not slip and fall.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:08 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I slipped and fell on the wet floor and hurt my ankle in room 2908 at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, because of the leaks in heavy rain that much water dripping from the ceiling and windows in bedroom. The windows can't be opened in room 2908. We have been moved to the other room, I got hospital treatment after my trip. The hotel is responsible for the guest slip and fall on their property because of a dangerous condition on the property and required not to subject a person to an unreasonable risk of injury because of the poor maintenance.
You've already got another thread regarding this :-

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...sukhumvit.html
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:01 am

GM Oliver Schnatz refused to send me any report and trying to avoid responsibility.

The rooms and facilities are extremely worn out in its class, just five year after the opening of the hotel it is a sad fact that the maintenance and services is not up to the benefits to which we were accustomed with Sofitel. I am an Accor platinum member. Accor customer care ignore my emails over 4 months is shockingly poor customer service.

My review on tripadvisor was flagged by hotel Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit for violating and have been moved.

That's very unfortunate what happened to you and i think that hotel should definitely help you in any way they can. I also noticed that club millesimme lounge windows were leaking when it was raining. We just finished our 5night stay at Sofitel club room and we both (me and my girlfriend) decided not to come back. Service has gone downhill and we were really surprised by the attitude of some employees of the hotel. Example, when we were in breakfast and my girlfriend asked very politely if they could refill the emmental cheese because it had ran out, waiter was making faces and stomped to get some. Just amazing . One morning there was a line to get to breakfast and they were handing out queue tickets.

Room was nice and spacious but the lobby in my opinion is too busy and lacks ambience. Totally different vibe than example SGS across the road.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
As has been the case for several months, the rooftop restaurant and bar (L'Appart) is closed for renovations. Originally they anticipated being open in October, but I was informed construction is behind schedule. It's more than a soft refurbishment; you can hear drilling several floors below. Guests are advised that they may hear construction noises between 10am and 6pm.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
As has been the case for several months, the rooftop restaurant and bar (L'Appart) is closed for renovations. Originally they anticipated being open in October, but I was informed construction is behind schedule. It's more than a soft refurbishment; you can hear drilling several floors below. Guests are advised that they may hear construction noises between 10am and 6pm.
I am heading back in December and hope all is good by then! the bar is a great place to enjoy the welcome drinks.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
I spent many nights at the Suk Sofitel in the early days, my then 4/5 year young girl was known to all staff and welcomed by staff even on the street and nearby 7/11!
But I soon felt a downgrade of facilities and got claustrofobic in some rooms.
The lounge always was a nice place to spend some time 5 to 7 pm.
I very much liked the breakfast buffet at the Voila restaurant, especially the cheese room, certainly amongst the best breakfast buffets i experienced.I never try the lounge buffet but the menu card you show looks enticing.
After a growing disliking I finally moved on and stay in other Bangkok hotels, strange but I now prefer the airport Novotel, I feel a lot more relaxed there, I guess I also dislike Sukhumvit nowadays, spend a few nights in Novotel Siam Square early this year but also dislike the area: too much of everything...
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:52 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum

Map| 4 Reviews | 75% Recommended

189 Sukhumvit Road Soi 13-15 Klongtoey Nua, Wattana Bangkok, TH 10110

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit (17 Photos)

Arrival

My partner and I arrived at the hotel early morning after a long taxi ride from Suvarnabhumi airport. The trip took more than an hour due to a heavy traffic. It has never taken that long. The traffic in Bangkok is getting worse and worse.

I had emailed the hotel a few days before our arrival and asked nicely whether it would be possible to get one of the suites with balcony. I was welcomed back and thanked for my loyalty but the upgrade wasn’t confirmed. This was our 5th stay at this hotel.

At the main entrance, we received a warm welcome. We were greeted with smile and our bags were taken. I asked to get a ticket and received ”no worries” in return – without the ticket. After that we were led to the Club Millesime for check-in.

1.jpg

Check In

Check-in was quick and easy. It was done while we were wiping our sweaty faces with a refreshing cold towel. We were thanked for the loyalty again and told that we had been upgraded to a prestige suite. I had booked an executive room so we received one level upgrade.

Previous times we have been asked what we would like to drink. Now some kind of sweet juice was offered. We were then guided to our room which we got before 10am.

2.jpg

Room

Located in a corner on the 21st floor, the room was nice and spacious. It consisted of separate living and bed room. Furniture had wear and tear, and some repair work hadn’t been made properly.

Bathroom was similar to the executive rooms and had both bathtub and walk-in rain shower but one sink only. Toothbrushes and shaving kit were there already so we didn’t need to request them. Hermes bath amenities were filled and linens changed each day witohout asking. Well done!

There was plenty of complimentary bottled water available.

3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Loyalty recognition

We were given a personalized welcome letter and one voucher to use in a lobby bar for anything except millèsimès, champagne and spirits. In other words, one could have beer, wine or soft drink.

We asked if we could enjoy our benefit in a pool bar and were told that normally that’s not possible but for us: yes. We were even able to have cocktails which were supposed to be exluded. This small flexibility made us happy.

Welcome gift was petit fours.

8.jpg

Club Millesime

The lounge let us down, not because of the amenities offered but due to a repair work of restaurant L’Appart above the lounge. It caused constant drilling noise and very strong smell of chemical, from morning until evening, and made the lounge almost an unbearable place to stay. We weren’t informed about the inconvenience at any stage.

My partner got headache because of the terrible smell and we felt awkward to be there when staff around us was wearing masks. The lounge should have been temporarily moved to another location or closed. We were told that the repair continues for two months still.

Food and drinks were decent. The only thing we missed was champagne.

9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg

Dining

Breakfast at Voila was another disappointment. The selection had become smaller. There were, for example, only two types of cold cuts. They didn’t have Brie or Camembert cheese. Quiches, gravlax and cold smoked salmon were gone, too.

When giving feedback we were explained that the hotel had more and more Asian customers who had complained about Western focus on the breakfast selection.

14.jpg

Swimming pool

The large swimming pool was nice and relaxing, never too crowded, 

although it didn’t have a view of any kind.

Sunbeds had call buttons beside them but they didn’t work so if one wanted a drink one had to walk to the bar. That wasn’t an issue but what’s the purpose of having those call buttons if they don’t work?

15.jpg16.jpg

Overall

I emailed to general manger during the stay and expressed our concerns and disappointments. He replied quickly apologizing the issues and offered decent compensation for the inconvenience caused.

He also suggested that we would meet before we go and we then had a good talk. He was easy approachable, truly interested in customer feedback and seemed very active.

He informed that all rooms will be renovated starting next July. It will take about two years to be completed. The rooms are going to have more colorful design than what they currently have.

Close to many malls and easy access to public transportation, the location of the hotel was still good for us. The staff was friendly, helpful and sweet as always. For example, when it was raining and we were by the pool wearing robes a pool boy brought us an umbrella.

So, overall the stay was okay and we will return.

17.jpg

Would you like to write a review on the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Thanks for your great review, wkndtraveler. I just completed a 4-day stay and had somewhat different experiences. First, although the lounge was noisy at times from the drilling above, I never once smelled a chemical. And only on one day did I see one employee wearing a mask in the lounge.

Did you try breakfast in the lounge? Although there are fewer food selections, the quality of the plated breakfasts is excellent -- scrambled eggs are done properly, are served on toast, and are on a hot plate, for example. They did have smoked salmon and cheese, although I don't recall seeing any soft cheeses. In my opinion, breakfast in the lounge is a more exclusive and premium experience. Also, did you ask for champagne (sparkling wine) in the lounge? Often times it's provided upon request.

This was about my 15th stay and it was one of my best. The drilling sounds in the lounge was the only negative. I was especially impressed by the service of the lounge staff, often calling me by name. How they knew my name I don't know, but I liked it and felt very welcome. I booked a regular (entry level) room and like usual, did not receive a room upgrade. Well, they tell me I am upgraded to a club room, but it's the same room with club access. I didn't complain though because I was given my preferred corner room. I just completed an Accor review and gave 8s, 9s, and 10s on every question. I very much look forward to my return in December.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:51 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Did you try breakfast in the lounge? Although there are fewer food selections, the quality of the plated breakfasts is excellent -- scrambled eggs are done properly, are served on toast, and are on a hot plate, for example. They did have smoked salmon and cheese, although I don't recall seeing any soft cheeses. In my opinion, breakfast in the lounge is a more exclusive and premium experience. Also, did you ask for champagne (sparkling wine) in the lounge? Often times it's provided upon request.
I totally agree with you. The Lounge offers quality breakfast should you order from the Ala Minute Menu. I always enjoyed my breakfast up there.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:12 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
First, although the lounge was noisy at times from the drilling above, I never once smelled a chemical. And only on one day did I see one employee wearing a mask in the lounge.
I stayed for two nights and three days and at least on two days most of the staff had masks. GM said he wasn't aware of the chemical smell and masks before I contacted him but agreed there was an issue with isolation. He also told that improvement to the isolation was done after my contact. I didn't visit the lounge on the last day anymore.

The smell was so strong for us, specially in the morning, that we weren't able to stay there and went to Voila for breakfast instead. Also, we didn't want to listen to drilling but enjoy the calmer ambience that lounges are supposed to offer. Luckily, the Voila wasn't crowded.

GM told me that there is salmon in Voila, too, but it was hidden. He has now asked head chef to relocate it somewhere more visible in the restaurant.

And yes, we did have sparkling wine in the lounge. It was good but not champagne. Requested champagne but that wasn't available.
FlytheTail likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:36 am

I have an upcoming stay at this hotel next month.

However about 5 days prior I am transiting BKK for about 12 hours and plan on a spending that time wandering rather than stuck in the airport.

* Does this hotel have a shower/bathroom/somewhere to change connected to the lobby/public access?
* What are the chances of the hotel letting me use it for 20 minutes to get changed and shower after a flight given I will have a booking there a few days later and I am a silver member (possibly gold by then)
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Usually the swimming pool or spa area can be arranged for such use, but usually in cases where pax is staying at the hotel and has late departure, but needs to check-out prior. This may require issue of an access card, which could be an issue.

A bit more of a stretch in your circumstances, but you can only ask. Or shower at the airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.