Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
No longer available.

Accor Places let's you earn additional Le Club points via check ins on the dedicated Facebook app.

Details: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/places.shtml
Web: https://placesbyleclubaccorhotels.com

You can also download a dedicated app
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...places.android
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plac...904999947?mt=8

Missing/non working check ins? Send an email to [email protected] to have them manually added. Email address seems to be bouncing as of November 2014
Contact them via facebook message instead.
Print Wikipost

Extra Le Club points via Facebook Places

Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IMH
I finally did get it, for a five night stay that included 31.12. If your stay has been validated you should get it too.
That's not been my experience.

Originally Posted by PabloM

to get the badge, you have to start your stay on 1 Jan. its an issue every single year as you can interpret the badge conditions in many ways
I had a multi-day stay 2017/2018 and didn't get it. The annoying part is that I was sharing the room with another person, so we could have booked it as multiple oscillating single nights if that really is the stupid game Accor wants to play.

The wording looks to be much more explicit than before. It now says:
"Places check-in confirmed on 31st December or 1st January following a one-night stay (night of 31st December to 1st January)"
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:43 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kremmen
The wording looks to be much more explicit than before. It now says:
"Places check-in confirmed on 31st December or 1st January following a one-night stay (night of 31st December to 1st January)"
To add detail: our stay was five nights, we checked in to the hotel and the app on 28.12. and checked out of the hotel on 02.01. The badge was awarded.

It looks as though we have another example of Accor inconsistency.
Maelstrom likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:29 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Thanks for the info, folks. So I guess I should reach out to Accor Plus CS and see if I can get the badge unlocked?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:36 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
The app is not working for me, it keeps on rejecting my stays, so annoyed
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:40 am

The new Banyan Tree, Angsana, Cassia, and Dhawa badges have not yet been added to the Places App.

However using the App I just used the search box and typed in Banyan Tree Kuala Lumpur and then Pavilion Hotel (Managed by Banyan Tree) Kuala Lumpur and icons for both hotels popped up with the normal function for registering and validating check ins.

I have not checked into either of these hotels so I am not sure if the Validation process will already be successful if we try it, or whether such check ins can not be Validated until the actual badges are added to the page of badges.

Anyone who is currently or was recently booked into one of these hotels could perhaps try to see if they can get their check ins Validated ??

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Jan 8, 2019 at 5:01 am
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:34 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
The new Banyan Tree, Angsana, Cassia, and Dhawa badges have not yet been added to the Places App.

However using the App I just used the search box and typed in Banyan Tree Kuala Lumpur and then Pavilion Hotel (Managed by Banyan Tree) Kuala Lumpur and icons for both hotels popped up with the normal function for registering and validating check ins.

I have not checked into either of these hotels so I am not sure if the Validation process will already be successful if we try it, or whether such check ins can not be Validated until the actual badges are added to the page of badges.

Anyone who is currently or was recently booked into one of these hotels could perhaps try to see if they can get their check ins Validated ??
I registered my stay at the Angsana Xi'an Lintong on the app and I got the message saying it would be looked at by the Places team. I just looked in my app and the stay does not appear in my check ins at all. I guess perhaps these brands are not yet fully implemented?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:37 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I registered my stay at the Angsana Xi'an Lintong on the app and I got the message saying it would be looked at by the Places team. I just looked in my app and the stay does not appear in my check ins at all. I guess perhaps these brands are not yet fully implemented?
My stay at the Angsana Xi'an Lintong was approved and appears in my list of check ins. However, the badges for the newly added brands are not yet added to the app.

Furthermore, I got the following reply to my email about the New Year Badge:

Spoiler

This seems a bit ridiculous.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
My stay at the Angsana Xi'an Lintong was approved and appears in my list of check ins. However, the badges for the newly added brands are not yet added to the app.

Furthermore, I got the following reply to my email about the New Year Badge:

Spoiler

This seems a bit ridiculous.
either the system is stupid or the people replying this email..
Maelstrom likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
i am thinking of making a similar claim but looking at the response i think its better to conserve my energy
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Is the Pullman Bangkok Grand Sukhumvit Asoke not on Places?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by ryanp
Is the Pullman Bangkok Grand Sukhumvit Asoke not on Places?
It should be, i have registered my check in before. Its name is simply too long to be displayed correctly
FlyerTalker78341 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:05 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by theaugbunnies
i am thinking of making a similar claim but looking at the response i think its better to conserve my energy
I sent the following reply:

Spoiler

I'll let you know what they reply with, haha. What a ridiculous situation. Classic Accor customer service.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
I have a similar claim, who did you send it to?
Plat A+ member if that makes a difference?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:16 am
Accor 10+ Badge

I just sent it to Accor Plus member services and the usual rep that answers my emails replied to me.
Firsttime4me2 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:51 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
I did not get the "new year" badge [...]
Originally Posted by IMH
I finally did get it [...]
... but, more than two weeks later, have not received any points for it. Accor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.