Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
No longer available.

Accor Places let's you earn additional Le Club points via check ins on the dedicated Facebook app.

Details: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/places.shtml
Web: https://placesbyleclubaccorhotels.com

You can also download a dedicated app
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...places.android
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plac...904999947?mt=8

Missing/non working check ins? Send an email to [email protected] to have them manually added. Email address seems to be bouncing as of November 2014
Contact them via facebook message instead.
Print Wikipost

Extra Le Club points via Facebook Places

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I also cannot log on in the past day or so.
I've been having the same issue, logging in from my Android app. I have downloaded the IOS app on my IPad and it worked fine.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by RafKa
I've been having the same issue, logging in from my Android app. I have downloaded the IOS app on my IPad and it worked fine.
If it's important, I also use iOS app (it works fine). Some valid check-ins keep getting rejected however.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:33 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
It's working for me on android, but all checkins were refused in the past days.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:07 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I was able to log in. Just did 10 check ins however noticed Sofitel Hongqiao missing from the list and so could not check in for that stay.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:16 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tris06
I was able to log in. Just did 10 check ins however noticed Sofitel Hongqiao missing from the list and so could not check in for that stay.
It's there. Just search for hongqiao.
The list sometimes doesn't auto populate. So just Key in a part of the name and it'll appear.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:02 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
It's working for me on android, but all checkins were refused in the past days.
I just redid my refused checkins, but used the checkout date instead. All were approved within a few days, except the Ibis Chongqing Ranjiaba, but as Ibis in China don't participate in Le Club, I'm not expecting this one to be approved.

While I can never successfully validate a stay "during" a stay, I can do them after checking out. I'm still finding that some stays will validate using the check-in date, but the majority will need the check-out date. I even had one hotel with two separate stays that I needed to do one of each method. Very strange.

It's pretty annoying, but at least I'm getting them approved, I guess.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:50 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been facing with the app. There were some technical issues that since have been solved.

If ever you run into other obstacles on the usage of the app, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care service.

Kind regards,

Amy

I just redid my refused checkins, but used the checkout date instead. All were approved within a few days, except the Ibis Chongqing Ranjiaba, but as Ibis in China don't participate in Le Club, I'm not expecting this one to be approved.

While I can never successfully validate a stay "during" a stay, I can do them after checking out. I'm still finding that some stays will validate using the check-in date, but the majority will need the check-out date. I even had one hotel with two separate stays that I needed to do one of each method. Very strange.

It's pretty annoying, but at least I'm getting them approved, I guess.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
If ever you run into other obstacles on the usage of the app, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care service.
I have been trying to do that for MANY MONTHS. Zero success rate. They reply once in a blue moon, but nothing gets fixed. I had two persistent problems: two check-ins rejected despite being qualifying (one finally approved now, when I used check-out date instead, as advised by another FT member above) and complete inaccessibility of regular Private sale prices – I access the landing page, see prices, then try get a month view with a calendar, and nothing works from that point, calendar is just empty, if I try to follow through to book any date, no sale prices show up. Eventually I just gave up even checking Private sales – waste of time when you can't book at all. And I reported the matter to Accor multiple times. Via Twitter, via e-mail. Nothing got fixed. It's almost a year passed by now.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:05 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

In my last couple of stays, I have been able to successfully do check-ins while at the hotel. I wonder how long it will be until it gets broken again.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:10 am

Learnt that more badges are released for collection,
including Banyan Tree, Cassia & Angsana:
https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/earn/places.shtml
barracuda93 and Kobetraveller like this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by babyjohn123
Learnt that more badges are released for collection,
including Banyan Tree, Cassia & Angsana:
https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/earn/places.shtml
Phuket, Thailand has all three brands plus a few others, including MGallery. I only checked one date but Banyan Tree Phuket looked very pricey. Maybe it was a high occupancy date otherwise I will skip that property.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:37 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kobetraveller

Phuket, Thailand has all three brands plus a few others. I only checked one date but Banyan Tree Phuket looked very pricey.
Banyan Tree is very pricey. The one in Shanghai on the Bund costs about the same as at the Fairmont Peace hotel. In other locations in China they are very pricey in comparison to other properties, too. Although, I'm sure the quality of the product is a higher standard, too.
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:24 am
Accor 10+ Badge

So I did not get the "new year" badge for my two night stay from 30 Dec (checking out 1 Jan). I guess because the badge states that it is for "one night stays"? Ridiculous.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:00 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I did not get the "new year" badge for my two night stay from 30 Dec [...].
I finally did get it, for a five night stay that included 31.12. If your stay has been validated you should get it too.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
So I did not get the "new year" badge for my two night stay from 30 Dec (checking out 1 Jan). I guess because the badge states that it is for "one night stays"? Ridiculous.
to get the badge, you have to start your stay on 1 Jan. it’s an issue every single year as you can interpret the badge conditions in many ways. Ie, you have to “Check in” to the hotel on 1 Jan - not check in to the places app on 1 Jan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.