Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
No longer available.

Accor Places let's you earn additional Le Club points via check ins on the dedicated Facebook app.

Details: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/places.shtml
Web: https://placesbyleclubaccorhotels.com

You can also download a dedicated app
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...places.android
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plac...904999947?mt=8

Missing/non working check ins? Send an email to [email protected] to have them manually added. Email address seems to be bouncing as of November 2014
Contact them via facebook message instead.
Print Wikipost

Extra Le Club points via Facebook Places

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dmsbsb
Ok, let's face that make apps is laborious, however is not difficult. I can´t understand why several hotels are not listed at Places app. My success rate is 5 correct check-ins against 12 since Jun 2013. It´s frustrating and I doubt that the badges will correctly issued.

I already wrote to Nathan but the answer speed (from Places French team) c´est incroyable.

Last week I stayed at Adagio Roma Balduina and guess what? It´s not avaiable at Places list.

From now, I´ll research the hotel list but again: it´s frustrating and I can´t understand how they don´t simply sync the app with Accor list.

because not all hotels want to participate, depending on the type of ownership

same occurs about point earnings

it's not as simple as having XXXX hôtels and 100% enforcing the program
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
btw why no ibis fans badge?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance gold member, Accor AClub Platinum, Smiles Diamond
hotel not participant @ Places: shoudn´t it be clear?

In that case, it´s a fault from program. Shouldn't they put an icon or an warning in hotels that don't participate @ Places?

It´s a simple communication.

Originally Posted by macaron95
because not all hotels want to participate, depending on the type of ownership

same occurs about point earnings

it's not as simple as having XXXX hôtels and 100% enforcing the program
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:20 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I'm probably finding a 90% success rate now with hotels being in the app. So it would seem that Australia and Asian hotels have generally succeeded in adding their hotels to the list. Just wish they would all put the correct dates of your stay in the points (Le Club) back end so your checkin matches with the correct dates of your stay.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:01 pm
Suspended

same success rate for me, for non listed hotels i request manual checkin and send proof of my stay, checkins are validated within days
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by dmsbsb
Ok, let's face that make apps is laborious, however is not difficult. I can´t understand why several hotels are not listed at Places app. My success rate is 5 correct check-ins against 12 since Jun 2013. It´s frustrating and I doubt that the badges will correctly issued.

I already wrote to Nathan but the answer speed (from Places French team) c´est incroyable.

Last week I stayed at Adagio Roma Balduina and guess what? It´s not avaiable at Places list.

From now, I´ll research the hotel list but again: it´s frustrating and I can´t understand how they don´t simply sync the app with Accor list.

Well I was told that it will take sometimes for them to add a new hotel into the list. I do not understand why. They should know what new hotel will open in say Q22014. Why they cannot add it earlier. This is the exact reply when I asked about "The Kuta Heritage" hotel.

You can look at all the registered hotels directly onn the app Places by Le Club Accorhotels. You can find it by searching "Places by Le Club Accorhotels" directly on the Facebook search bar. It can take up to a few months until an hotel is registered in the app, so we recommend you to stay at an hotel that is already registered for your convenience.
What amaze me they recommended me to stay in other hotel. Great.

also another problem is with the consitency of hotel name. Same hotel has changed name due to rebrand, etc. I have almost missed my stay at the Ibis Jakarta Arcadia which is still listed as "Hotel Arcadia Jakarta" in the Places
Old Mar 9, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Question missing badges

I had several check-ins during the last weeks which have all been confirmed - however I have not received badges which should also have been awarded in my opinion:

1 check-in during a Grand Slam match in Australia on 01/24 but no badge (duration of the Australian Open: 01/13-01/26)

1 check-in during the Fashion Week in New York on 02/09 but no badge (duration of the Fashion Week in New York: 02/06-02/13)

1 check-in during the Women's Fashion Week in London on 02/16 but no badge (duration of the Fashion Week in New York: 02/14-02/18)

1 check-in during the Women's Fashion Week in Milan on 02/23 but no badge (duration of the Women's Fashion Week in Milan: 02/18-02/23)

3 check-ins during the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi on 02/09, 02/16, 02/23 but no badge (duration of the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi: 02/07-02/23)

1 check-in during the Carnival in Cologne on 03/04 but no badge (duration of the Carnival in Cologne: 02/27-03/04)

Moreover I could find several check-ins during a wide variety of film festivals - so it would be good to know what kind of film festivals qualify for receiving the badge.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Were you actually staying in those cities during those events?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
Were you actually staying in those cities during those events?
I only stayed in Cologne.
However from the description of the badges I cannot see that I had to stay in those cities. In Sochi for example there is only one Accor hotel. So why wouldn't they say that one had to stay in the Mercure Hotel Sochi during the Olympic Winter Games?
Instead similar to some other badges they only say that one check-in during those events is necessary - they don't mention the exact place - like they however do in other cases...
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
The Special Event badge worked fine for me when I stayed in Paris during the Fashion Week (in fact I went to Paris for the Fashion Week). I think it is obvious and only makes sense that you have to stay at a hotel in the city the event is held at. Just checking in with Places in a hotel in New York during the Fashion Week while not staying there kinda defies the purpose.

That said, the whole thing is a mess, hotels missing etc. I hope the VP of Marketing will sort that team out.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by JTCz
The Special Event badge worked fine for me when I stayed in Paris during the Fashion Week (in fact I went to Paris for the Fashion Week). I think it is obvious and only makes sense that you have to stay at a hotel in the city the event is held at. Just checking in with Places in a hotel in New York during the Fashion Week while not staying there kinda defies the purpose.
So then what about the Carnival badge?!
Old Mar 10, 2014, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Flamewing
I had several check-ins during the last weeks which have all been confirmed - however I have not received badges which should also have been awarded in my opinion:

1 check-in during a Grand Slam match in Australia on 01/24 but no badge (duration of the Australian Open: 01/13-01/26)

1 check-in during the Fashion Week in New York on 02/09 but no badge (duration of the Fashion Week in New York: 02/06-02/13)

1 check-in during the Women's Fashion Week in London on 02/16 but no badge (duration of the Fashion Week in New York: 02/14-02/18)

1 check-in during the Women's Fashion Week in Milan on 02/23 but no badge (duration of the Women's Fashion Week in Milan: 02/18-02/23)

3 check-ins during the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi on 02/09, 02/16, 02/23 but no badge (duration of the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi: 02/07-02/23)

1 check-in during the Carnival in Cologne on 03/04 but no badge (duration of the Carnival in Cologne: 02/27-03/04)

Moreover I could find several check-ins during a wide variety of film festivals - so it would be good to know what kind of film festivals qualify for receiving the badge.
To unblock, we need to check in on Accor Hotel in....
Red Carpet -> Cannes, Cabourg, Los Angeles, Deauville or Berlin.
Fashion Week -> Paris, Milan, London or New York
Grand Slam -> Australian Open (Melbourne), French Open (Paris), Wimbledon Championships (London) or US Open (NY)
Carnival -> Nice, Venice or Rio de Janeiro
Winter Games -> Sochi
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: Accor Platinum CC Concierge FB Platinum
I have stayed in Novotel Breda at March 3, in the middle of carnaval. Breda is very known for carnaval, so it would strange that this doesn't count.

I have send an message to FB places to understand.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Breda is very known for carnaval, so it would strange that this doesn't count.
To say that Breda is very known for anything is the epitomy of overstatement.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fresnke66
I have send an message to FB places to understand.
sorry to tell you, but this is waste of time. As usual it's "just" some kind of bad communication of Accor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.