Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
No longer available.

Accor Places let's you earn additional Le Club points via check ins on the dedicated Facebook app.

Details: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/places.shtml
Web: https://placesbyleclubaccorhotels.com

You can also download a dedicated app
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...places.android
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plac...904999947?mt=8

Missing/non working check ins? Send an email to [email protected] to have them manually added. Email address seems to be bouncing as of November 2014
Contact them via facebook message instead.
Print Wikipost

Extra Le Club points via Facebook Places

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
There are more or less the same badges since the beginning...

would be nice If some badges would be refreshed every year or 2 years ...
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:34 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Well my Accor Plus CS rep escalated it to Paris for me and I got the following email back:

Spoiler

A stay on New Years Eve, night of 31st December to 1st January, does not comply with the conditions for the New Years badge because I stayed from the night of 30th December to 1st January, because apparently it needs to be a one-night stay. Good old Accor.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:50 pm

Based on previous experience with Accor adding new badges for new brands (such as Banyan Tree, Angsana, Cassia) or information picked up from senior Accor staff, can any of the long experienced Accor FTers provide any rough guide as to when the new brand badges might be added to the Places App ???
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
Based on previous experience with Accor adding new badges for new brands (such as Banyan Tree, Angsana, Cassia) or information picked up from senior Accor staff, can any of the long experienced Accor FTers provide any rough guide as to when the new brand badges might be added to the Places App ???
raffles and swisotel were added after about 6 months after the integration.
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:42 am

@starflyergold .... just curiosity ... have you been given any hint yet as to when the Banyan Tree etc badges will be added to the App .... no big deal but just wondering if you had heard anything recently .... April or May or whatever ? (Also wondering if anything has reached your ears regarding Diamond benefits for next year but I guess still way too early for that.) Really just curious.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:41 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Banyan Tree app has supposedly been loaded into the Places system. Should come with next update.
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Banyan Tree app has supposedly been loaded into the Places system. Should come with next update.

I just checked the Places App again. There are now 64 badges . . . Banyan Tree, Angsana and Cassia badges are already there now !!

@gilbertaue . . . did you do something ???

Anyway, great news ! Am really looking forward to trying these brands . . . there is a Banyan Tree close by and the other two in Phuket which seems closest to my location.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:25 pm

Just noticed that there are now 65 badges.

New hotel badge: Mantis

The more the better 😊
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:48 am

Just noticed that there are now 65 badges.

New hotel badge: Mantis
That one is for staying in a room with a grasshopper
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Most of my recent stays were rejected.
Resubmitting them got them rejected again.

At this point I gave up on PLACES, it's too much effort to make anything work.

They should consider either fixing it or just moving on and killing the whole thing.

Julien
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
The more the better
It would help if they tested their page though.

There are so many badges that the scroll bar runs out and you can't scroll down any more. I can see the first line of events (3 badges) and can't scroll down to see any more!

You can fool it by changing window size at that point, but it's just a lame design. (And very hard to scroll at all on any device that doesn't have a scroll wheel in the first place.)
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:48 pm

Not sure if this is relevant to your case . . . @Kremmen . . . but when my screen does not show all the way down to the bottom of the badges I push the Places refresh button . . . bottom left icon and then all the badges appear again . . . apologies if you have already done this and it does not work in your case
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Two of my recent stays which were paid almost fully in points (and therefore accrued 0 points) still show as pending on the app, whereas other stays where there was a more significant cash portion (€30+) have been validated. All of the stays have posted to my account for status purposes.

Any ideas if stays fully paid in points do not count for Places?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
How much time is there to retro-claim?

I had a number of stays last December which somehow got rejected. Out of frustration, I quit using Places for awhile. Now I've started using it again and stays are accepted automatically for me. Now I'm thinking it would be nice if I can still get those earlier stays retrocredited.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:31 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by newflya
How much time is there to retro-claim?

I had a number of stays last December which somehow got rejected. Out of frustration, I quit using Places for awhile. Now I've started using it again and stays are accepted automatically for me. Now I'm thinking it would be nice if I can still get those earlier stays retrocredited.
I believe it is 6 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.