Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
No longer available.

Accor Places let's you earn additional Le Club points via check ins on the dedicated Facebook app.

Details: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/places.shtml
Web: https://placesbyleclubaccorhotels.com

You can also download a dedicated app
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...places.android
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plac...904999947?mt=8

Missing/non working check ins? Send an email to [email protected] to have them manually added. Email address seems to be bouncing as of November 2014
Contact them via facebook message instead.
Print Wikipost

Extra Le Club points via Facebook Places

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:39 am

Programs: some
It does indeeed take a while...Even though I received email confirmations of both my missing check-ins being eligible (thank you Christopher) nothing is showing inside the facebook app...
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Just got this from A|Club Places:

Dear Pablom,

We are contacting you to inform you that your stay at the ibis Newcastle and the Mercure Brisbane have been approved for A|Club Places points. Your account will be credited shortly for both stays. For your stays at the Grand Mercure Hobart Hadleys Hotel and Mercure Grosvenor Hotel Adelaide, as they are very recent hotels within the Accor Group, it will take more time to credit the account. But rest assured you will receive your points for those stays once they are registered in the system.
The hotels have now registered on my Facebook page but still waiting for the points to come through.

Thanks to Christopher for the help in getting these sorted.

Surprised at the comment about the Mercure Grosvenor Hotel Adelaide being new - I've stayed there for a few years now and it's been a Mercure!

I've tried to check in at the Sofitel Wentworth Sydney today and it's so far not registering.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
I've just received the "Addicted" badge for checking in to the same property three times. 300 A|Club points.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:33 am

Programs: A-club
I stayed for 10 days at the Pullman Central Park and checked-in on Facebook the first night of my stay. Now it's 2 weeks after I finished my stay and still nothing on the A|Club Places Application or on my A|Club account (I received the points for my stay but not for the facebook check-in)...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:14 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi RJ77,

Thanks for getting back to me. The reason the check-in wasn't recognized is likely due to the fact that you check-in under a non-official Facebook Places for the hotel in question, which A|Club is working hard with Facebook to remove. The process may take some time, but A|Club is highly aware of the issue is stiving on a daily basis to fix it.

As your check-in was, however, registered on your wall, can you please send me a screen shot of your stay from your Facebook wall? If you do not know how to do a screen shot, please clickl the following link: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/141-print-...and-unix-linux. Once you have done this, plesse send a the screen shot to the following email address: [email protected]. Please be sure to include the dates of your stay as well as the full name of the hotel in question.

Once the A|Club Places team receives the information requested, your issue will be checked into and if the stay is eligible for A|Club points, you will receive the appropriate amount of A|Club Places points.

If you have any other questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Chris

Originally Posted by RJ77
Hi Chris,

Thanks. I did read through the FAQ after posting the question here. Till now, it's not recognized. I find it a bit silly that one has to access the Accor Places on a PC notebook unless I'm missing something here. Why can't it be visible on a smartphone whether or not I'm recognized. The check in was posted on my wall.

I'm staying at Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore right now.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:16 am

Hi MuggyBonehead,

I'm happy to hear that you have decided to use the A|Club Places program! Very sorry to hear, on the other hand, that you experienced some problems using it. Can please tell me if for any of the stays mentioned you see a check-in in the application? You will see an 'Awaiting' status in the application, and if not, do you happen to see one on your Facebook wall? If so, please send me a screen shot of the check-in(s) to: [email protected]. If you do not know how to do a sceen shot, please click the following link: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/141-print-...and-unix-linux.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Chris

Originally Posted by MuggyBonehead
I've checked in 4 times now since 01/03 and all the stays just show as 'awaiting'. One more check in and I should have unlocked the 5 stays badge... It's over 2 weeks since joining and still no sign of the welcome badge.

Be good to see how others get on with this app.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:19 am

Hi PabloM,

Thanks for the thumbs up. As for the Sofitel Wentworth Sydney, can you please tell me if the stay is eligible for A|Club points and or if you see a check-in on your Facebook wall, as I understand you are not seeing a check-in 'Awaiting' status in the application? If you do see a check-in on your Facebook wall, then can you please send a screen shot of the check-in to the A|Club Places team at: [email protected]. Please be sure to include the dates of your stay as well as the exact name of the hotel in question.

Once we receive the information requested, we will have A|Club look into the matter and get back to you with an appropriate response.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience with this matter.

Best wishes,

Christopher

Originally Posted by PabloM
Just got this from A|Club Places:

The hotels have now registered on my Facebook page but still waiting for the points to come through.

Thanks to Christopher for the help in getting these sorted.

Surprised at the comment about the Mercure Grosvenor Hotel Adelaide being new - I've stayed there for a few years now and it's been a Mercure!

I've tried to check in at the Sofitel Wentworth Sydney today and it's so far not registering.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:36 am

Hi Scheitan,
Can you please tell me if you received a confirmation email from A|Club Places, stating that you successfully unlocked the Welcomer badge (or any other confirmation email)?

Many thanks,
Chris

Originally Posted by Scheitan
It does indeeed take a while...Even though I received email confirmations of both my missing check-ins being eligible (thank you Christopher) nothing is showing inside the facebook app...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:37 am

Hi jnaeco,

Can you please tell me if you see a check-in on your Facebook wall? If so, as you did last time, can you please send me a screen shot of your Facebook wall check-in to contact[at]aclubplaces.com?

I'll have the A|Club Places team check into the issue and get back to you as soon as possible.

Best wishes,

Chris

Originally Posted by jnaeco
I stayed for 10 days at the Pullman Central Park and checked-in on Facebook the first night of my stay. Now it's 2 weeks after I finished my stay and still nothing on the A|Club Places Application or on my A|Club account (I received the points for my stay but not for the facebook check-in)...

Last edited by starflyergold; Mar 19, 2012 at 11:28 am Reason: edited email to avoid spam robots
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hi PabloM,

Thanks for the thumbs up. As for the Sofitel Wentworth Sydney, can you please tell me if the stay is eligible for A|Club points and or if you see a check-in on your Facebook wall, as I understand you are not seeing a check-in 'Awaiting' status in the application?
I ended up getting it to work but I had to check in on my laptop on the official page of the Sofitel because the 'place' that came up on my iPhone didn't work.

Obviously there's a lot of bugs in the system.

Thanks for helping everyone sort them.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:12 am

Programs: some
Hi Scheitan,
Can you please tell me if you received a confirmation email from A|Club Places, stating that you successfully unlocked the Welcomer badge (or any other confirmation email)?

Many thanks,
Chris
Hello Chris,

no, I did not receive anything stating that I received my first badge (only the two emails about my stays being eligible).

Marcus
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:00 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hi Christopher,

I have sent a screenshot from Facebook showing my checkins at Novotel Fenix Silom Bangkok in late January.

I have some further stays at other hotels coming up, so I am hoping that this can work reliably.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:30 am

Hi perthite,

I responded via private message.

Many thanks for your attention.

Warm regards,

Chris

Originally Posted by perthite
Hi Christopher,

I have sent a screenshot from Facebook showing my checkins at Novotel Fenix Silom Bangkok in late January.

I have some further stays at other hotels coming up, so I am hoping that this can work reliably.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:17 am

Hi Marcus,

Can you kindly send a screen shot of your A|Club Places application to [email protected] so that the A|Club Places program can better understand what problem you are facing and in turn find a solution? I apologize for this inconvenience and thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Best wishes,

Chris

Originally Posted by Scheitan
Hello Chris,

no, I did not receive anything stating that I received my first badge (only the two emails about my stays being eligible).

Marcus
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hi perthite,

I responded via private message.

Many thanks for your attention.

Warm regards,

Chris
Thanks Chris. I have had a response from the A-club places team, so will see how it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.