Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
No longer available.

Accor Places let's you earn additional Le Club points via check ins on the dedicated Facebook app.

Details: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/places.shtml
Web: https://placesbyleclubaccorhotels.com

You can also download a dedicated app
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...places.android
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plac...904999947?mt=8

Missing/non working check ins? Send an email to [email protected] to have them manually added. Email address seems to be bouncing as of November 2014
Contact them via facebook message instead.
Print Wikipost

Extra Le Club points via Facebook Places

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: Accor Le Club Advantage Plus Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, SQ KrisFlyer Silver
Tried to check-in with Pullman Jakarta Central Park but nothing got posted in the App. Would be nice if they have a Google+ version as well.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:20 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I've got the Novotel Perth Langley to get to the Awaiting status, so that seems to work (there are about three different locations to choose from!).

One thing about the badges. The text above the badges says:

"Click the pictures to discover how to unlock badges and how much bonus points they're worth"

I would disagree that the text that comes up after clicking on a badge tells you either of these things. They do not describe how to unlock, and the do not describe the number of points to be awarded.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 3:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I've finally received the 'Welcomer' badge and 50 A-Club points for a stay at the Sofitel Chicago but have also tried to check into these hotels and nothing has happened:

Ibis Newcastle (Australia)
Mercure Brisbane
Grand Mercure Hobart Hadleys Hotel and Apartments
Mercure Grosvenor Hotel Adelaide

So frustrating with this app. I'm trying the Grand Mercure Newcastle (Aust) today so will see what happens with that but I'm not hopeful.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:11 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
@ak37

Hi ak37,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you please tell me if you have synchronized your A|Club account with your A|Club Places application? Also, during your stay, did you also check into A|Club Places on your mobile phone? These steps are necessary in order obtain points and win badges. In the interim, can you please provide me with the dates of your stay, your A|Club member number, proof of your stay at the hotel, such as a bill, and your full name so that I can look into the issue on my end? Can you please respond via a private message on FlyerTalk?

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards,

Christopher

@perthite

Hi perthite,

Thanks for pointing out this issue of multiple locations. We will highlight it with the appropriate department within the Accor Group. The reason little information is provided about A|Club Places is that the essence of this Facebook application is to uncover how to unlock badges and their worth as you play along. The program has a 'mystery' angle to it. I hope that helps clarify things for you and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Many thanks,

Christopher

@PabloM

Hi PabloM,

I'm happy to hear that you have decided to take part in A|Club Places! Please note that A|Club Places can only used when staying at a participating hotel and may only be used once per stay. If you stayed in all the hotels you mentioned, would please provide me with the dates of your stay and your A|Club member number so that I can check into the situation? As well, please provide me with proof of your stay at the hotel, such as the bill or another similar type of document. Can you please send me this information via private message on FlyerTalk?

Many thanks,

Christopher

Originally Posted by ak37
Tried to check-in with Pullman Jakarta Central Park but nothing got posted in the App. Would be nice if they have a Google+ version as well.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: A-club
Just checked in one hour ago in Pullman Hotel CP Jakarta, let's see how long it take before seeing anything from A|Places...
Do we get a notification after a while ? Or I just have to check my profile from time to time ?
If there are several propositions for the same place, any of them are accepted ?(for example for the Pullman where I am, Facebook can find "Pullman Hotel Central Park" in the category "Malls", and "Pullman Hotel CP" in the category "hotel")
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:04 am

the value of 50 points is $1.25 for all this trouble is it worth it

I got the invite - no mention of the points value. I checked accor - no mention of the points value. i checked webflyer and found the answer - 50 points. No wonder it was not menitoned.Once again the programme is consistent with offering as little as possible to give an illusion that it is a real programme.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 4:15 am

Programs: some
Checked into the Mercure Sausheim last week. While the usual points for the stay did post quite quickly, there is neither a badge, nor points from a|club places.
Plus the fact that you can't use the facebook app properly with an iPhone does not exactly make it more convenient...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:25 am

Hello jnaeco,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm delighted to hear that you decided to take part in A|Club Places! First, it is important to note that not all check-ins result in winning badges and points. Can you please tell me if you properly sync'd your A|Club Places application with your A|Club account and if you see any indication of a check-in on your Facebook profile? Also are you aware of whether your check-in is an eligible stay? If so, can you please provide me with your A|Club member number and the dates of your stay? For a detailed explanation of how to use the application, please click the following link to the FAQ: http://on.fb.me/FAQAClubPlaces. Thanks much for your help.

Best wishes,

Christopher

Originally Posted by jnaeco
Just checked in one hour ago in Pullman Hotel CP Jakarta, let's see how long it take before seeing anything from A|Places...
Do we get a notification after a while ? Or I just have to check my profile from time to time ?
If there are several propositions for the same place, any of them are accepted ?(for example for the Pullman where I am, Facebook can find "Pullman Hotel Central Park" in the category "Malls", and "Pullman Hotel CP" in the category "hotel")
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:26 am

Hello Barry,

Thank you for your message. While the first badge is worth 50 points, badges can reach up to 1,500 points and there are many to collect! I hope that you will consider using the application and earn points for your stays at our hotels.

If you have any questions or further comments, please do not hestitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Christopher

Originally Posted by barry willis
I got the invite - no mention of the points value. I checked accor - no mention of the points value. i checked webflyer and found the answer - 50 points. No wonder it was not menitoned.Once again the programme is consistent with offering as little as possible to give an illusion that it is a real programme.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:50 am

Hi Scheitan,

Indeed, accrediting A|Club Places points may take some time. Concerning your questions about several propositions, be sure to note that we are currently eliminating the additional Facebook pages so that A|Club Places check-ins will become a smoother process. Also check that you have properly synchronized your A|Club account with the application. If you properly checked-in and your stay is eligible for points, you should see the status "awaiting" in the application for the stay in question and you will receive a message, stating that you have successfully unlocked a badge. If you have done so, are sure your stay is eligible for points and that you properly did an A|Club Places check-in, you should receive your points? If not, please be sure to write to me as soon as you are aware that your points have not been accredited. Please consult the A|Club Places FAQ for many of the questions you may have: http://on.fb.me/FAQAClubPlaces.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.

Best regards,

Christopher

Originally Posted by Scheitan
Checked into the Mercure Sausheim last week. While the usual points for the stay did post quite quickly, there is neither a badge, nor points from a|club places.
Plus the fact that you can't use the facebook app properly with an iPhone does not exactly make it more convenient...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hi Scheitan,

Indeed, accrediting A|Club Places points may take some time. Concerning your questions about several propositions, be sure to note that we are currently eliminating the additional Facebook pages so that A|Club Places check-ins will become a smoother process. Also check that you have properly synchronized your A|Club account with the application. If you properly checked-in and your stay is eligible for points, you should see the status "awaiting" in the application for the stay in question and you will receive a message, stating that you have successfully unlocked a badge. If you have done so, are sure your stay is eligible for points and that you properly did an A|Club Places check-in, you should receive your points? If not, please be sure to write to me as soon as you are aware that your points have not been accredited. Please consult the A|Club Places FAQ for many of the questions you may have: http://on.fb.me/FAQAClubPlaces.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.

Best regards,

Christopher
Hello Christopher,

thank you for your quick reply.
I just double checked: My Account is synchronized to A|Club Places, the check-in posted on my wall, the points for the stay posted on my account, but there is still no mention of it inside the places-app (nothing about the welcome badge either). If there is an obvious mistake on my part, please let me know as I have a reservation for a novotel next week and I'd really like to avoid making the same mistake twice.

Thank you in advance.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello Barry,

Thank you for your message. While the first badge is worth 50 points, badges can reach up to 1,500 points and there are many to collect! I hope that you will consider using the application and earn points for your stays at our hotels.

If you have any questions or further comments, please do not hestitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Christopher
It would be handy if all information about the points/badge were found online.
And just how many of the 1500 badges are out there?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:59 am

Hi Barry,

Thanks much for your input. The nature of the game is supposed to be on the mysterious side so that unlocking badges can be a surprise in terms of what you are awarded.

Hope that helps make things clearer.

Cheers,

Christopher

Originally Posted by barry willis
It would be handy if all information about the points/badge were found online.
And just how many of the 1500 badges are out there?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
I am currently at the Pullman Tour Eiffel in Paris (my room has rather a splendid view of the tower!)

I've checked in using Facebook places on the iPhone, but the check-in isn't showing up in the A|Club Places app when I check on the computer. This seems to be because the only location offered on the iPhone is "PULLMAN Tour Eiffel", whereas the official page is "Pullman Tour Eiffel". If I click on my check-in, using the computer, I get asked whether I meant the latter place and invited to view the official Accor place page, but there's no way I can fathom to get this to show up in places on the iPhone...

The unofficial page does appear to be linked to the official one (if I go to the official page, my check-in shows up under "Friend Activity") - but the app doesn't appear able to see this.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:24 am

Hi SouthWesterner,

Please check your private messages. I have responded to this post.

Cheers,

Christopher

Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
I am currently at the Pullman Tour Eiffel in Paris (my room has rather a splendid view of the tower!)

I've checked in using Facebook places on the iPhone, but the check-in isn't showing up in the A|Club Places app when I check on the computer. This seems to be because the only location offered on the iPhone is "PULLMAN Tour Eiffel", whereas the official page is "Pullman Tour Eiffel". If I click on my check-in, using the computer, I get asked whether I meant the latter place and invited to view the official Accor place page, but there's no way I can fathom to get this to show up in places on the iPhone...

The unofficial page does appear to be linked to the official one (if I go to the official page, my check-in shows up under "Friend Activity") - but the app doesn't appear able to see this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.