Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
No longer available.

Accor Places let's you earn additional Le Club points via check ins on the dedicated Facebook app.

Details: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/places.shtml
Web: https://placesbyleclubaccorhotels.com

You can also download a dedicated app
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...places.android
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plac...904999947?mt=8

Missing/non working check ins? Send an email to [email protected] to have them manually added. Email address seems to be bouncing as of November 2014
Contact them via facebook message instead.
Print Wikipost

Extra Le Club points via Facebook Places

Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: Le Club Platinum;IHG Platinum
Does anyone know if “Points Accelerator” is working for FACEBOOKPLACES or EUROPCAR for example? In other words I am curious if “50%/75%/100% additional Le Club Accorhotels points” will be calculated as well or do the Points Accelerator only work if you physically stay in hotel?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:52 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by xorik
Does anyone know if “Points Accelerator” is working for FACEBOOKPLACES or EUROPCAR for example? In other words I am curious if “50%/75%/100% additional Le Club Accorhotels points” will be calculated as well or do the Points Accelerator only work if you physically stay in hotel?
Negative. Bonus points only apply to hotel stays.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Stayed at the LHR Sofitel on Thursday night, checked in, lots of Sofitels to choose from on Facebook, picked the most popular ones, and nothing.

How hard can it be for Sofitel to make it obvious which is their official venue?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 4:07 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Novotel Bristol actually advertise extra La Club Points via Facebook Places, yet it hasn't worked of the occasions i've stayed here this year
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: ALL Platinum
My first stay using the facebook app worked perfectly but the second one did not at all. Checked-in via places on iOS (as it was an airport ibis there was no other place, which could have been the "right" one; it must have been the hotel's own site) but the stay never showed up, even not as "awaiting" or anything else. Now, Accor Concierge helped me very much, at first there was a problem concerning ibis stays (only in France only on weekends, but stay was in Germany) with the A-Club-Places-team (they are obviously still called A-Club) but after all and two weeks I finally received my points. So again "Chris-Concierge", thank you very much for your help and support. And I hope that they will get all sorted out. But :-) I will try my third check-in on the weekend. Alors, will be updating after stay.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:57 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, Air Miles (CA), IHG Priority Club, Best Western Rewards, LeClub Accor
I'm in the middle of a European trip, and my check-ins are showing up in the app as "awaiting"... We shall se where we get!

However one problem with "ibis London City" (note small i )..... Facebook check in only gives you the option for "Ibis London City" (note Capital I ), which when you find the page, redirects to the small i page. My check in is not showing in the places app, probably due to the redirect.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I'll just add that it's been many months since the introduction of Places, and most hotels who didn't have Facebook pages back then still don't have them. I'm really amazed that it's such a problem for hotels to open a Facebook page, which takes 5 minutes a week to maintain.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:39 pm

Programs: ALL Platinum
News on Facebook yesterday: Le Club Accorhotels now also available for Smartphones (not only used as check-in via places): http://bit.ly/PlacesMobileApp
Only tried it once this night, finally one seems to be able to see the check-ins formerly only visible via Mac/PC and not via Smartphone itself.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold
Hanoi 2 properties checked in and failed again

Last month, I stayed at Metropole and M Gallery in Hanoi and checked in with FB. Only Metropole check-in was shown in App but it is gone and failed once again. ;(
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I stayed in an Accor property last night, and after giving up with the hotel's broken wifi and using mobile broadband, I managed to checkin. It only took two checkins to find the one that the Le Club Places app recognised (yey for hotels with multiple Facebook places entries!) This evening, I got an email from Accor with the subject "Your stay has been approved!", which left me feeling very impressed with the efficiency of this time! Turns out not to be that at all, it was instead an email from Accor letting me know that they had finally managed to credit my stay from the 1st of August. Last night's stay is still pending, which is more what I'd expect. Just checked into an Accor hotel in France, on doit voir...

That said, it least it shows it is worth complaining to the magic email address when the Facebook App misbehaves, as if you have enough patience (and remind them enough) your stay should be recognised eventually!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:13 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
That said, it least it shows it is worth complaining to the magic email address when the Facebook App misbehaves, as if you have enough patience (and remind them enough) your stay should be recognised eventually!
Sadly, I have to disagree... .
I recently had 7 stays at Accor properties in SE Asia, during which I checked in to the official pages (I even confirmed that with the receptionists):
Sofitel Metropole Hanoi - worked great (and an awesome hotel, too).
Novotel Halong Bay - did not work.
Mercure Danang - did not work.
La Residence Hotel & Spa Hue hue - did not work (superb hotel!).
Sofitel Siem Reap - worked great (lovely hotel).
Sofitel Phnom Penh - worked great.
Sofitel Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit - did not work (horrible, horrible hotel!).
So only 3 check-ins worked (I got a 50 points welcome badge and 800 points for 3 Sofitel check-ins).

I first wrote A|Club Places ([email protected]) on September 20th with all the information and Facebook check-ins print screens.
After 8 days of nothing hapenning, I wrote them again, asking for a status and got he following reply the very next day:
Thank you for contacting us again. We sincerely apologize for the delay. It may take a few weeks for the matter to be checked into and resolved. Your check-ins were sent to our tech team and will be looked into shortly.
Once again, we sincerely apologize for the long process, and we thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Have a nice day

"A few weeks"??? OMG, oh well, I had no choice but wait.
On October 11th, I got he following email from A|Club Places:
Thank you for your kind patience.
We are happy to tell you that your stay at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit has been approved and will show in the application shortly.
However, your stays at the La Residence Hotel & Spa Hue, the Mercure Danang and the Novotel Halong Bay have been approved by our tech team, but will only appear in the application once their official Places have been created by Facebook.
Thank you for using the Places by Le Club Accorhotels application.
Have a nice day

I then wrote them:
Hello and thank you for your reply.
The actual appearance of the stays on the application is of less importance to me, obviously.
What about the actual points gained by the check-ins?
Thank you

To which they wrote back:
Thank you for quickly getting back to us.
To respond to your question about earning points, successful check-ins do not necessarly convert into Places points. Check-ins may or may not unlock badges which all worth different amount of points. Unlocking badges is based on specific criteria, like variety of destination or frequency of stays.
If you want to know more about how you can unlock badges and how the application works, we recommend you to read our dedicated FAQ at the following link:
http://on.fb.me/PlacesbyLeClubAccorhotelsFAQ.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us.
Best wishes

DUH, but what about he points I could get by the check-ins that were already approved but not "certified" by Facebook?
I wrote them again:
Hello again.
This is exactly my point – one cannot possibly guess which check-ins will unlock a badge. For example, the badge of the suitcase with the number 5 on it – probably means 5 check-ins, so how come I have not unlocked it?
Can you please decipher for me the criteria for each badge?
Thank you

To which they replied:
Thank you for getting back to us so quickly.
The Places by Le Club Accorhotels is a game, and unlocking badges is supposed to be a surprise. The criteria are supposed to be a bit of a mystery. Only after having made successful check-ins will you learn whether you have unlocked badges and won points.
We thank you for using the application and we wish you good luck unlocking badges and winning points!
Have a good day

By that time, I was really frustrated, so I wrote them a detailed email:
Hello.
Yes, I understand this completely, but why am I supposed to wait for the "updated" versions of some hotel's pages to get badges?
As far as I, as a customer and guest of the hotels, is concerned – I did what was expected of me – I checked in to all Accor properties to the places that were given to me by the receptionists.
Your reply "However, your stays at the La Residence Hotel & Spa Hue, the Mercure Danang and the Novotel Halong Bay have been approved by our tech team, but will only appear in the application once their official Places have been created by Facebook" is unacceptable, as you wrote it yourselves – my stays and check-ins have been approved by your tech team, so kindly ask the tech team to add my stays to the application.
I've contacted the hotels AGAIN and these are the official Places pages of the hotels on Facebook. They even update the pages with photos and special sales for those hotels:
Novotel Halong Bay - https://www.facebook.com/NovotelHaLongBay
Mercure Danang - https://www.facebook.com/MercureDanangHotel
La Residence Hotel & Spa Hue official Place - https://www.facebook.com/laresidence.hue

Their reply came shortly after:
Thank you for your quick response.
We appreciate your frustration, but we would like to point out that the hotels you contacted have created pages that are not recognized as official by Facebook and the Places by Le Club Accorhotels application. While the hotels may update an account, making it seem like an official Facebook Places, the Places for these hotels have not been officially registered with Facebook and are therefore not in our tech team's data base.
Nevertheless, we have documented your unofficial Places check-ins and will add them to your account once the official Places have been created by Facebook.
Thank you for your kind patience and understanding.

Oh, so they actually "appreciate my frustration". How lovely!!!
How about if instead of appreciate my frustration, you actually DO something about it?
How on h@ll can someone know if an official Facebook page of the hotel where the hotel (and Accor) posts updates, sales details, photos etc. is not an "official" Places page?
And what if there will never be an "official" page for a certain hotel (although my check-in was already approved)?

I'm not one of the (many) Accor bashers here, but this is reall BS customer service, IMHO.

I officially gave up.
Good luck to everyone trying to figure this out.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: Le Club Platinum;IHG Platinum
The first week of October I stayed at “Sofitel Dijon La Cloche” and “Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport”. During check- in via smartphone, my Facebook places displayed duplicate “awaiting” line and also the extra line information duplicate “awaiting” and “OK” line from my previous stay in Sofitel, Los Angeles. Also, once checked in the Mercure hotel was not showing at all.

I sent email to roxane-company (they helped me previously to resolve synchronization problem). I waited for about a week to no avail, I got no responses. The only thing that I saw was that “awaiting” check-in line was removed.
I sent another inquiry with a question to confirm that is a possible application bug or may be these two hotels are no longer supported by Facebook Places, and again – no response.

“Accor Concierge” Please let me know if you want to see this email communication. I just need to confirm to the members of the forum if these hotels are not support or this is just a fluke on the Facebook Places
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Interesting that one of the most "popular" threads on this forum contains only complaints, and no success stories- in such a long time frame!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
The big mistake they made was using facebook. They could have developed the application on their own Accor website and then forced people to 'like' facebook to create the same marketing effect. I've been waiting 3 months since a stay for the hotel to register its official facebook page. I can register one in minutes, why can't hotels?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Six months here, still no sign of development.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.